Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

I really want to see more interactive decorations like the Contraband Slot Machine. Some other slot machines that drop different reputation items would be perfect.

All of the Toys would make fantastic interactive decorations.

A couple of new jukeboxes that play a continuous loop of vocal and instrumental songs (but not background music) would be excellent.

Of course, new NPCs remain at the top of my wishlist, especially ones playing music, making repair motions with tools, sitting as if on a chair (not like the Zabrak pirate), and otherwise performing interesting emotes.

• 2 weeks later...
Throne from the dark ending of KOTET. The decorative pillars from the dread palace. Kitchen Deco. The Eternal Throne. More floating crystal formations. Sith tomb statues. Should make the ebon hawk a ship deco. Farming stuff. Should really also make per say, a 'field' stronghold, like a completely empty sh and add 'architecture' decorations, so we can make truly unique player homes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
with all the deco's that are already out there is enough to build some really cool Cantina's, but one thing that is missing and i think people might rally like, a large hook; Cantina Band. i was thinking it might be nice to have maybe a large hook size stage with a few species standing on it (the standard Bith, Ortolan, ect) with their instruments, add a clicky switch on it some to turn it on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NPCs, vendors, and utility items (IE: mission terminals) are always at the top of my list.

After that...

Memorial Holoprojectors for the Republic classes.

Commemorative statues of Torian Cadera, Koth Vortena, Senya Tirall, Vaylin, and Empress Acina.

Lately people have been talking about interactive guild decorations. Here are my ideas --

I'm going to leave out the obvious ones that we've all been asking for:

* Vendors

* Trainers

* Mission terminals

* Training dummies

I'm also leaving out ones that require large system upgrades in addition to decorations:

* Day/night and weather changing decorations

* Wallpaper/floor texture decorations

* Stand-alone mini-games

Here are some other ideas that would make strongholds more useful and attractive to visitors.

Codex Terminal (Floor Medium/Large) --

A computer terminal that brings up all of our unlocked codex entries for easy reading. It could look like Multi-state Mainframe Terminal and display text on the screen, or look like Bounty Terminal and bring up the text in a dialog window.

Guild Announcement Board (Wall Medium/Large) –

A board that shows the guild’s message of the day in large, readable text. If there is no MOTD, it displays a screen similar to Server Monitor.

Guild Welcome Board (Wall Medium/Large) –

A board that displays the guild’s description in large, readable text. If no description is set, it displays a screen similar to Coil Monitor.

Guild Conquest Screen (Wall Large) –

A large display screen that shows the list of conquest planets and which guild currently controls them. If there is no conquest underway, it shows the name and date of the next event.

Event Schedule Screen (Wall Medium/Large) –

A screen that shows the dates of the next Gree, Bounty, and Rakghoul events. It would also show the planet of the current or next Rakghoul outbreak.

Light vs. Dark Monitor (Wall Medium/Large) –

A poster similar to the ones found on Fleet that changes its appearance based on the current state of the Light versus Dark contest.

Slot Machines (Floor Small/Medium Narrow) –

Similar to the Contraband Slot machine. Slot machines in different colors that have a variety of rewards, including faction reputation items, companion gifts, and Cartel Certificates.

Wanted Poster (Wall Medium/Large) –

A Zakuulan wanted poster of the stronghold owner (whichever character is selected for the stronghold’s name). It should show the character’s actual face and reward text.

Cantina Band (Floor Large) –

A raised stage with several cantina band members playing instruments. Once clicked, it would play a continuous loop of the songs, very similar to Jukeboxes.

Conference Table (Floor Large) –

A fancy table surrounded by chairs. When someone clicks on a chair, their character automatically positions itself over that chair and performs one of the sitting emotes. (It is currently difficult to position a character properly to sit in a chair, usually you’re stuck sitting on the front edge.)

Toys (Floor Small/Medium Narrow/Medium) –

A decoration version of all the toys, activating the appropriate emotes and animation when clicked.

Crafting Vendor (Floor Small/Medium Narrow) –

A vendor that sells crafting materials. This is a natural pairing with Utility decorations.

Donation Box (Floor Small/Medium Narrow) –

Similar to a cargo hold but accessible by anyone who enters the stronghold. People can use this like a geocache box, leaving fun and interesting items for each other. The stronghold owner can also leave goodies for guests to encourage visitors.

Sparing Partner [by Class] (Floor Small/Medium Narrow) –

One for each class type. Similar to a training dummy, but this one fights back. He only stays down a short while when defeated and comes back up with full health.

Dye Station (Floor Small/Medium Narrow –

Allows you to preview your current outfit, dyed any of the available colors. It’s up to you to find the dye for sale (perhaps it could sell color changes for credits/CC similar to the appearance mod station).

PVP Arena (Centerpiece/Starship) –

Anyone who enters the arena is automatically flagged PVP. Individuals and groups can duel at will.

Intra-Stronghold Shuttle (Floor Large/Centerpiece) –

A shuttle that pops up a list of all the strongholds a person has access to, allowing instant and easy travel between them. The list would include their own personal strongholds, guild strongholds they have access to, strongholds they have keys to, and other strongholds owned by the same person as the stronghold they’re currently in (assuming they have access). There's currently no easy way to get these lists and certainly not in one place.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 weeks later...
are ever ganna but like darth vader castom or someting like that

There is a helmet that you can get from a darkside vendor on vaiken that loos lie vader I use it for my Sith Sorcerer Tytanus. With a black dye for your chest piece and matching all pieces it's as close as you can get.

Combat NPCs -- Faction-specific NPCs that will attack members of the opposite faction, with a 15 minute respawn.

For example, I add Republic trooper combat NPCs on my Tatooine stronghold. When Imperial toons visit, they're hostile and attack.

This will allow players to design mini-heroics/FPs for visitors at their cross-faction strongholds. They won't be a "farming" issue because they'll only drop the standard mob loot (if anything) and respawn slower than on planets.

Edited by Xina_LA

What I'd love to see is a Commemorative Statue of Emperor Valkorion. With him having been such a prominent character and actually the main antagonist of SWTOR as Vitiate, I am surprised he doesn't have his SH decoration statue yet. It would be amazing to see him in a royal pose, like this one:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/b/bf/Valkorion_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151106212840

Perhaps there could also come a second statue that portrays him as Vitiate in his original Pureblood body. Would be amazing to finally see how he looked as his original self.

I would very much like to see the rates for the Cartel slot machines changed to something better than they are now. The word I hear is that the rates changed in such a way to make some of the best stuff (Vehicles, Cartel purchasing currency) virtually impossible to attain. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of having to spend millions of credits to get a single Cartel currency. As I write this, I have spent nearly a million creds and I haven't gotten a single cartel currency. Tons of rep... but no currency. Not cool, man.

I'm still hoping for that Commemorative Statue of Torian Cadera.

Since we're getting a beach, we really need an assortment of UN-potted plants, especially palms.

Simply take all of the existing plants and make a version without the pots.

Most importantly, assign them Floor Small and Medium Narrow hooks, so we can cluster them for a natural look.

Edited by Xina_LA

I posted a separate thread here, but thought I'd just mention it here too - Quick Travel Utility Decorations for each of our strongholds. :jawa_cool:

Given how big they are, and what a waste it is to place all our utilities by the entrance because it's quicker, it would be nice to get to the balconies, upstairs, back rooms, without the time it takes to run or ride all that way, not to mention Yavin and Tatooine and the size of those. Especially with the new stronghold coming, please could we have these, without a limit preferably! It would be such a motivator to fully decorate them all and make the most out of enjoying the work gone into them!

:jawa_smile:

something I don't like about the decorations is that there is such a limit to what you can add to your stronghold.

so not only is it really expensive to start with but then you have a limit to the decorations you can have.

if strongholds and flagships are going to be as expensive as they are, they can at least get rid of those stupid decoration limits.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN
spam

something I don't like about the decorations is that there is such a limit to what you can add to your stronghold.

so not only is it really expensive to start with but then you have a limit to the decorations you can have.

if strongholds and flagships are going to be as expensive as they are, they can at least get rid of those stupid decoration limits.

They can't do that if the engine and/or server can't handle it.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
referral

I would like to see more tiles avail for the front entrance of Yavin 4. There are plenty of spots on upper grounds near the bridge and caves, but nothing out front near the landing pad or front door. I would like the option to put in camp fires and tents etc.

For a new decoration, i would love to see a big screen TV monitor (med size wall mount). No data information(stock market), but show a person reporting daily news/events, or some kind of slide show, showing us beautiful parts of our planets. Mountain tops of Alderaan and it's lakes, the beaches of Rakata Prime, undersea world of Manaan etc.

Just something we can walk up to and get "informed" or visually enjoy our scenery slides. Same size as the one used by Kaliyo in her apartment in kotfe.

Also, I think having some kind of aquarium would be really cool. You could make 3 sizes and put them in packs.

Make an octangular corner piece (or 3 sided) small..a med size about 3-4 ft long rectangle..and finally a large size about 8-10 ft long.

They could be about 4ft high for small and med, and 6 ft tall for the large (includes the stand). 3/4 of size be glass.

You could make 2 styles? One with a black metal base and the other as wood.

The small could be a green tile, the med as a blue tile, and the large as a pink tile. You could even make a large aquarium as a wall mount too with pink tile size. Using 1 hook to hang, but visually takes up 2 hooks.

If you use one or both of my ideas, as a reward or payment to me for your gratitude; please DO NOT attach ANY valor requirements to them. Keep them as ordinary decorations. MANY people in this game do not like pvp and dont want to participate, me included. Ive had decorations sitting for a while, and found out the hard way I needed a certain valor lvl to activate them. PLEASE dont.

Hope those suggestions were detailed enough..have fun planning. It will be nice to see some fresh decos.

• 2 weeks later...