orange items?

andrewsuh

so i'm a bit confuzzled and it would be great it you guys helped me out...

so i got a dark erudicate double bladed lightsaber earlier in the game... its customizable so orange

and today i bought a dark stalker double bladed lightsaber which is also orange.

is the lightsaber itself stronger than my old one or is it purely becuz the modifications are of higher quality?

so could i swap the mods from both lightsabers and make the old one the same as what the new one was ?

does this make sense lol?

thanks

Take whichever one you like the look of better and put your best mods in it. That's what Orange items are for :)

For sabers, the Hilt mod determines the item level and damage. For blasters, it's the Barrel mod. And for Armor it's the Armoring Mod.

One thing that worries me is that the Orange items I've seen so far don't have an augment slot, which you'll start to miss when you get ready to raid.

Edited by Rilauven

Pretty much, yes. Armor is still light, medium or heavy, and that's determined by the actual item, not the mods. Orange items are also still restricted to appropriate classes and dark/light levels.

Yes this one thing in particular. If you wear medium or heavy armor pay VERY CLOSE attention to the orange items you buy from Vendors. Light armor, no matter the mod, will still be LIGHT armor and not Medium or Heavy. So that an armor rating of 50 is very different if you have a Light armor item compared to a Heavy armor item.

Weapons are much easier, however... What your Hilt/Barrel is is what you will be doing, damage wise.

so are you saying my saber marshal robe which i got at lvl 15 will be exactly the same NAKED as an orange armor i get at lvl 40?

kinda seems unreasonable

somebody told me that orange lightsabers and their min and max damage are not based on the mods but of the lightsaber itself... so my first orange will be much inferior in dmg then my light game orange

is that right?

so are you saying my saber marshal robe which i got at lvl 15 will be exactly the same NAKED as an orange armor i get at lvl 40?

kinda seems unreasonable

somebody told me that orange lightsabers and their min and max damage are not based on the mods but of the lightsaber itself... so my first orange will be much inferior in dmg then my light game orange

is that right?

Not quite. Orange items do have an inherent armor/weapon raiting to prevent lvl 10's from looking like lvl 50's but no matter what its inherent raiting is, mods will overwrite it when they are installed. The only thing mods wont do is lower the level requirement on an item. They can raise it, however.

So yes, a lvl 40 naked orange will be stronger than a lvl 15 naked orange, but the minute you put mods in them, they become the same.

Ya so if you are lackluster on keeping up with mod upgrades the light-sabers you get from quests or drops may be better. However, with the orange you can tweak and modify it how you want. Though don't discount a drop or something you get out of hand because it is not an orange. Blues and purples may kick what you have right in the pants.