What do you prefer ? Transfers or Cartel Customization

fushnchips

We all know what we want but let's write about it now I have listed only 2 options to choose from so lets see what's hot and what's not.

Character Transfers or Cartel Customization

for me I do like the idea of being able to do things to my toon that needs changing but I think transfers would be a better option to be able to play on a server of my choice with people and not have 24 people on the republic fleet.

We all know what we want but let's write about it now I have listed only 2 options to choose from so lets see what's hot and what's not.

for me I do like the idea of being able to do things to my toon that needs changing but I think transfers would be a better option to be able to play on a server of my choice with people and not have 24 people on the republic fleet.

I would say customization. But this is naturally hypothetical since a different team seems to work on this kind of content, though I might be wrong.

We're going to get both, eventually. Transfers are coming.

If I had to make a choice though, I'd pick re-customization. I don't really have any dire need to transfer personally, but obviously some people do.

I just wanted to add that I don't feel transfers are not important. I think they are good for the health of the game, and its something the community has wanted for a very long time.

I just feel personally that customization is more important in comparison.

Oooo, tough one, it depends on how transfers will be priced. I want to change server type, but I also want to make new characters (with the benefits of my Legacy) without worrying about it costing me $20+ to move each one. :(

But I did see on a German fansite it was mentioned that character transfers were coming 6-8 weeks after 2.1. At least, that's what Google translate says . . . I wish Bioware would comment in English and let us know if that is true. If it is, I am perfectly glad to be getting customization first.

Anyhow, I think customization will make a lot of people happy, but transfers would make a smaller number of people VERY happy, if that makes any sense.

LOL tell all this to the APAC players, who unlike u guys are STILL waiting on thier merges/transfers.....my scoundrel is the perfect example of how dead my server is, I have battlemaster pieces, columi pieces, champion pieces, and now 1 piece of blackhole......in 9 months its been dead...., Im still wearing the hat piece from APAC launch lol.....

Considering I would have to pay coins or real money for either I would pick transfers. If I could use credits to change my basic look, like hair style and color and facial options then I would go with customization. Edited by HelinCarnate

LOL tell all this to the APAC players, who unlike u guys are STILL waiting on thier merges/transfers.....my scoundrel is the perfect example of how dead my server is, I have battlemaster pieces, columi pieces, champion pieces, and now 1 piece of blackhole......in 9 months its been dead...., Im still wearing the hat piece from APAC launch lol.....

And I guess that we will be the test dummies before they allow the transfers even though the tool was tested on the PTS . I also have enough cartel coins ready to change some of my toons including renames.

I prefer Character Customizations. :)

I would not say Cartel Customizations as I hate the Cartel Market and would prefer the system to just be an in-game system where we could just visit and NPC to purchase Customizations with In-Game Credits. That is how I wanted them to implement the Character Customizations. Sadly though they are just hungry for money and want to Nickel & Dime us. :mad:

As for Transfers. I hate Transfers. Sure they serve there purpose. But after dealing with Forced Transfers on other MMO's and even having my Characters delete do to them, I just hate them. In fact I loathe them. :mad:

I prefer Character Customizations. :)

As for Transfers. I hate Transfers. Sure they serve there purpose. But after dealing with Forced Transfers on other MMO's and even having my Characters delete do to them, I just hate them. In fact I loathe them. :mad:

I think you should have your main toons on the Oceanic servers then we will see what you choose :) Don't get me wrong i am all for the customization aswell I can't wait but to me transfers can come before a remake of a toon that I will pay for.

Not sure what "Cartel Customization" is....the ability to customize the Cartel Market? If you're talking about character customization, then I'd rather have character customization.

I think you should have your main toons on the Oceanic servers then we will see what you choose :)

My server is The Harbinger and has been since launch. Our fleet has a LOT more than 24 people on it. This is one of the servers that was an unofficial Oceanic server when the game started.....until the Oceanic players got their own servers which they loudly campaigned for. You guys got exactly what you asked for....your own servers. Be careful what you wish for.

Customization

I currently am safe and sound on my server.

oceanic player here, could not give a **** about transfers. #serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead#serverisdead Edited by aVmuse

I would say customization. But this is naturally hypothetical since a different team seems to work on this kind of content, though I might be wrong.

You nailed it. Threads like this need to die. A team hypothetically working on server transfers would be completely different that the Cartel Market team.

Its painfully obvious a very high portion of this playerbase have never worked in a project oriented corporate environment. I see posts like this every day:

"WAAAAH BIOWARE WHY ARE YOU MAKING CM ITEMS AND NOT FIXING MY BROKEN HELMET?????"

Because they can keep making CM items while they fix your helmet. Maybe the helmet takes time to fix because its complex. There are 100 reasons why something isn't done but people need to stop acting like there is ONE group of people and they do everything.

I didn't write it, but it bears repeating:

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

You nailed it. Threads like this need to die. A team hypothetically working on server transfers would be completely different that the Cartel Market team.

Its painfully obvious a very high portion of this playerbase have never worked in a project oriented corporate environment. I see posts like this every day:

"WAAAAH BIOWARE WHY ARE YOU MAKING CM ITEMS AND NOT FIXING MY BROKEN HELMET?????"

Because they can keep making CM items while they fix your helmet. Maybe the helmet takes time to fix because its complex. There are 100 reasons why something isn't done but people need to stop acting like there is ONE group of people and they do everything.

I didn't write it, but it bears repeating:

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

no kidding teams work on different areas of the game but this was just something asking what did people prefer and I like the results it's a good sign that people are really going to get into the customization side of things. Also people are wanting transfers and guess what threads like this will always be around that's what these forums are for if you don't like what people post then don't bother reading or posting on a topic you don't like.