Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bring back self-heals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bring back self-heals

Jadirican's Avatar


Jadirican
12.07.2013 , 10:50 PM | #1
I am a little frustrated that self-healing has been taken out of combat technique. I feel it's what made us unique. Now we are the little brother of Jedi Guardian, but without the massive armour. Bring back our self-healing.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
12.08.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
In before Thok.

The raid tanks wanted to keep their spots, so the heal is gone. Others share your frustration, but the theorycrafters got what they wanted and will shout down anyone unhappy with the change.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Vember's Avatar


Vember
12.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
In before Thok.
lol...running all this damage control has got to be wearing poor Thok out.

THoK-Zeus's Avatar


THoK-Zeus
12.08.2013 , 11:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
In before Thok.

The raid tanks wanted to keep their spots, so the heal is gone. Others share your frustration, but the theorycrafters got what they wanted and will shout down anyone unhappy with the change.
Actually i got what i wanted. I feared they would nerf me by a lot, instead i got buffs.

I can understand if people hate it when the flair of self-healing is gone.
However i can't understand it, if people are claiming that these changes are a nerf, when that is not true.

I am not shouting down anyone, but if people are not bringing any arguments to prove points but instead try to insult and defame me, i will change the tone of my posts accordingly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
lol...running all this damage control has got to be wearing poor Thok out.
No it isn't. That would mean i would invest time in my posts. When people are not bringing any arguments to Support their Points, etc... it doesn't take long to respond. I would really like to discuss, but currently that is not possible for most of the threads .
Zahik - NoID - The Red Eclipse

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
12.08.2013 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
I am not shouting down anyone, but if people are not bringing any arguments to prove points but instead try to insult and defame me, i will change the tone of my posts accordingly.



No it isn't. That would mean i would invest time in my posts. When people are not bringing any arguments to Support their Points, etc... it doesn't take long to respond. I would really like to discuss, but currently that is not possible for most of the threads .
The reason people are insulting you is because they present an argument and you act like it isn't even there. Try this argument. The devs stated in the Shadows answers that Shadow tanks were considerably better than the other tanks when not in the presence of spike damage, but considerably worse when they were getting spike damage. They then went on to say that they could not correct the spikiness without removing the self-heals.

(Typing on a phone now or I would link it)

Ergo, when they removed the self-heals they nerfed Shadows when spike damage isn't present right? I look forward to your strawman response to my question.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

THoK-Zeus's Avatar


THoK-Zeus
12.08.2013 , 03:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
The reason people are insulting you is because they present an argument and you act like it isn't even there. Try this argument. The devs stated in the Shadows answers that Shadow tanks were considerably better than the other tanks when not in the presence of spike damage, but considerably worse when they were getting spike damage. They then went on to say that they could not correct the spikiness without removing the self-heals.

(Typing on a phone now or I would link it)

Ergo, when they removed the self-heals they nerfed Shadows when spike damage isn't present right? I look forward to your strawman response to my question.
I am never acting like an Argument is not there. I defuted every single one. Link me one i didn't.

What you don't understand is, that spike damage in pvp is a lot higher then in pve. Two dps deals more sustained damage then an operation boss. Not even mentioning their possible spike damage.

There's a reason dipstik calculated with the tripple spike damage for pvp (comparing to pve operations).

The only sections were it was a clear nerf were dailies.
For hm flashpoints and sm operations i am still not 100% sure, according to numbers it seems to be about the same. I did never say something different.

Your argument is just the same i always say, it supports my point of view.
Zahik - NoID - The Red Eclipse

Jadirican's Avatar


Jadirican
12.10.2013 , 09:01 PM | #7
I guess my issue is the fact that I don't want all the tanking trees to end up streamlined. Sure we get buffs, but that is very similar to the other tanks. Each class should be relatively unique in ability, rather than role.

Vember's Avatar


Vember
12.11.2013 , 09:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadirican View Post
I guess my issue is the fact that I don't want all the tanking trees to end up streamlined. Sure we get buffs, but that is very similar to the other tanks. Each class should be relatively unique in ability, rather than role.
This was brought up countless times over the last few months, but the class reps ignored it.

Jadirican's Avatar


Jadirican
12.11.2013 , 10:22 AM | #9
I guess the other way to argue this is from the story plot line. As a shadow/consular, I am supposed to do some healing as part of the plot. If my shadow can't even heal himself with his force abilities (beyond the single heal ability) then it doesn't make any sense. Healing is part of the consular over-class and should, therefore, be part of each branch of the elite.

ScatteredAshes's Avatar


ScatteredAshes
12.11.2013 , 02:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
The only sections were it was a clear nerf were dailies.
How is it a nerf for dailies? It feels like a buff to me. Between the passive armor buff and the free four stacks of Shadow Protection that we get when we attack from stealth, I take a lot less damage while out dallying. Sure, I can't self-heal, but it's not like self-heal ever healed me to full after taking trash damage. I also no longer have to bother with setting up a three-stack TkT in order to attempt to eek out some health. TkT has an opportunity cost: if you're channeling, you're not AoEing and AoE is the fastest way to get dailies done. Unless I'm fighting gold stars, dailies are now all AoE all the time. The damage I take is trivial if I can burn down the group I'm attacking before Shadow Protection drops.