Why do people hate Quinn?

Alterkai

Hi guys, I am a big fan of warrior story, i just want to know why so many people hate Quinn in the story. I have played the war at iokath twice and in each one my dark side warrior spared Quinn.

For me Quinn's betrayal is understandable, he is a solider and solider pays his debts, Baras saved him from that retarded moff broysc. Quinn owns Baras his life. He also expresses his conflict and emotions when he betrays warrior, i believe deep inside Quinn never wants to betray warrior, he just have to pick one that is more important for the survival of the Empire.:(:o

Edited by Alterkai

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I am a big fan of warrior story, i just want to know why so many people hate Quinn in the story. I have played the war at iokath twice and in each one my dark side warrior spared Quinn.

For me Quinn's betrayal is understandable, he is a solider and solider pays his debts, Baras saved him from that retarded moff broysc. Quinn owns Baras his life. He also expresses his conflict and emotions when he betrays warrior, i believe deep inside Quinn never wants to betray warrior, he just have to pick one that is more important for the survival of the Empire.:(:o

He's a traitor thats why. He betrayed the Warrior & by default, he was aiding the man that was usurping the Emperor's throne. What he did was treason. As a dark sided Sith it simply made no sense storywise that you didn't have the option to kill him there and then for what he did.

Of course my Sith is lightsided. I don't dislike Quinn myself, i think he's okay, and handy to keep around for his knowledge & insights into certain matters.

Hmm I don't know if I hate him as much other companions. *glares at doc, and Skadge*. I just met those two. I am more on the I don't like him and I don't find him interesting as a character.

OF course I played it as the Warrior that knows that she will be betrayed at some point. It is the sith way if you think about it. The first time I played it I don't think I was that surprised (yes i knew ahead of time) all that much . There was a line of dialoque where he asks to watch us torture someone or something like that (he sounded alittle too gleeful ). Then he seemed to pop up everywhere. Of course that weird lame way he asked to join the crew. IT came off as desperate and like he was putting on an act. I was thinking, yep he is going to be the mole. Oh and he is mean to every other crew member and acts like he is in charge. If i understand from the Agent storyline the Sith are in charge anytime they are around. I don't think he has a pretty face either, I keep wanting to laser off that mole of his. Those are the main reasons I don't like him. But I tend to go LS on all of my characters, I don't like the dark side all that much. I found his companion storyline not interesting all that much. Sort of sounded like he was using you to get revenge on people.

Then he betrays you and you can't really do anything about it. Now if he pulled that on any other dark lord, he would be dead in less then a second. I think that is the main reason why many players hate him. Yes Baras put him up to it and he probably started to spy on you before he joined the crew. So I guess I don't hate him as much for that because it was going to happen at some point anyways.

Edited by LeelaSeventen

Then he betrays you and you can't really do anything about it. Now if he pulled that on any other dark lord, he would be dead in less then a second. I think that is the main reason why many players hate him. Yes Baras put him up to it and he probably started to spy on you before he joined the crew. So I guess I don't hate him as much for that because it was going to happen at some point anyways.

Agreed. Not having the choice to kill him and then feeling like a total fool seeing his face around all the time after that pisses people off.

Plus, he kind of talks with a stuffy nose and his face is always twisted up in contempt. He's a real dick most of the time. But he's the best looking male companion by far, so just like irl, you overlook those things for a pretty face and I'm sure that makes some people hate him even more.

As others have said, it's not having the option to kill him for his betrayal that hurts immersion and feels like a slap in our collective faces.

Similarly, I always wished there was an option to kill Skadge before leaving Belsavis because the way he muscles his way onto the Hunter's ship even if you don't invite him makes no sense.

Quinn has a very large fan base. You are welcome to pop-in to this thread to say hi to those of us who don't hate him.

I don't hate Quinn at all, but I will never ever trust him at all. He will do ANYTHING as long as he feels it's for the best. He could easily spare enemies, or destroy worlds. He's a complete wildcard.

Looks like you do trust him then.

You trust him to do what he feels is for the best which is pretty good for a normal person.

Now how good it might be for Sith Lord to have a subordinate do what they feel best is another story.

As others have said, it's not having the option to kill him for his betrayal that hurts immersion and feels like a slap in our collective faces.

Similarly, I always wished there was an option to kill Skadge before leaving Belsavis because the way he muscles his way onto the Hunter's ship even if you don't invite him makes no sense.

This, I always hated how the game forced me to let Skadge walk all over me and strong arm his way onto my crew instead of putting a blaster bolt between his eyes. At least Gault and his wiles brought something useful to the team when I didn't have a choice on him, Skadge is just dumb obnoxious muscle that I already had myself and Torian for. Same with Quinn, its annoying you can't kill him but at least he in story brought something to your power base and was sort of understandable as 'too valuable to just snap your traitor neck'.

With Quinn, while I get that he threw his hat in with Baras because he felt that was the best way to move up - and that's what he's all about - I hated that he could not be killed or kicked off the ship afterward. It's like, "sure, you created an elaborate plot to kill me that involved an entire Imperial cruiser, and threatened the rest of my crew. By all means, please continue to be the captain of my ship and have access to me, my crew and my personal info!"

Sith Warriors use resources, but IMHO it would be dangerous to have a traitor still on board, and my SW ended people for far less. I know in the beginning of the game they did have a kill option and people complained because at that time he was the healer companion - but now that all the companions can heal, Quinn's not so critical to keep. I didn't use him in the game at all.

So I feel like there should have been options to a) kill him; b) kick him off the crew (hey, you want to run with Baras, Quinn? You know where he is. See ya!) and c) keep him.

And if your Female SW romanced him, she's forced to continue a relationship with a guy who tried to murder her. Which gets into all sorts of bad places. (I did NOT romance him). I felt there should have been a break up option.

I didn't ever feel comfortable with Quinn for these reasons:

He's a total bootlicker, he has no personality, and he pretty much uses the Warrior for whatever he can. The companion story quests pretty much go:

Vette: Please help me rescue my family!

Pierce: Please help me run this great black ops mission so we can regain a key Empire post!

Jaesa LS: Please help me save LS Sith!

Jaesa DS: My, this is all very exciting. Let's kill some LS Sith.

Broonmark: Yay Sith clan! Just tell us who to kill!

Quinn: Help me get a promotion! Help me kill the Moff I'm still mad about because he fired me! Me! Me! Me!

Hmm I don't know if I hate him as much other companions. *glares at doc, and Skadge*. I just met those two. I am more on the I don't like him and I don't find him interesting as a character.

OF course I played it as the Warrior that knows that she will be betrayed at some point. It is the sith way if you think about it. The first time I played it I don't think I was that surprised (yes i knew ahead of time) all that much . There was a line of dialoque where he asks to watch us torture someone or something like that (he sounded alittle too gleeful ). Then he seemed to pop up everywhere. Of course that weird lame way he asked to join the crew. IT came off as desperate and like he was putting on an act. I was thinking, yep he is going to be the mole. Oh and he is mean to every other crew member and acts like he is in charge. If i understand from the Agent storyline the Sith are in charge anytime they are around. I don't think he has a pretty face either, I keep wanting to laser off that mole of his. Those are the main reasons I don't like him. But I tend to go LS on all of my characters, I don't like the dark side all that much. I found his companion storyline not interesting all that much. Sort of sounded like he was using you to get revenge on people.

i suppose, but we do have the choice of choking him and tossing him around lol, he is from the benefit of the empire thats why he betrays us:p

(P.S I really want to toss Doc and Skadge out of the airlock, NAKED!:D)

With Quinn, while I get that he threw his hat in with Baras because he felt that was the best way to move up - and that's what he's all about - I hated that he could not be killed or kicked off the ship afterward. It's like, "sure, you created an elaborate plot to kill me that involved an entire Imperial cruiser, and threatened the rest of my crew. By all means, please continue to be the captain of my ship and have access to me, my crew and my personal info!"

Sith Warriors use resources, but IMHO it would be dangerous to have a traitor still on board, and my SW ended people for far less. I know in the beginning of the game they did have a kill option and people complained because at that time he was the healer companion - but now that all the companions can heal, Quinn's not so critical to keep. I didn't use him in the game at all.

So I feel like there should have been options to a) kill him; b) kick him off the crew (hey, you want to run with Baras, Quinn? You know where he is. See ya!) and c) keep him.

And if your Female SW romanced him, she's forced to continue a relationship with a guy who tried to murder her. Which gets into all sorts of bad places. (I did NOT romance him). I felt there should have been a break up option.

I didn't ever feel comfortable with Quinn for these reasons:

He's a total bootlicker, he has no personality, and he pretty much uses the Warrior for whatever he can. The companion story quests pretty much go:

Vette: Please help me rescue my family!

Pierce: Please help me run this great black ops mission so we can regain a key Empire post!

Jaesa LS: Please help me save LS Sith!

Jaesa DS: My, this is all very exciting. Let's kill some LS Sith.

Broonmark: Yay Sith clan! Just tell us who to kill!

Quinn: Help me get a promotion! Help me kill the Moff I'm still mad about because he fired me! Me! Me! Me!

ennnnn, ye if u say that way, but come on, No one would trust an Alzheimer disease guy to lead a fleet right? plus he also killed some sis agents, saving loyal imps and even though he is a bootlicker, but he is our bootlicker right:p

(about the female warrior romance, u can romance with quinn in the warrior three chapters, then romance with Lana in DLCs then u break up with quinn in the war at iokath lol)

Edited by Alterkai

He's a traitor thats why. He betrayed the Warrior & by default, he was aiding the man that was usurping the Emperor's throne. What he did was treason. As a dark sided Sith it simply made no sense storywise that you didn't have the option to kill him there and then for what he did.

Of course my Sith is lightsided. I don't dislike Quinn myself, i think he's okay, and handy to keep around for his knowledge & insights into certain matters.

ye he is a genius in strategic and information:D

Agreed. Not having the choice to kill him and then feeling like a total fool seeing his face around all the time after that pisses people off.

Plus, he kind of talks with a stuffy nose and his face is always twisted up in contempt. He's a real dick most of the time. But he's the best looking male companion by far, so just like irl, you overlook those things for a pretty face and I'm sure that makes some people hate him even more.

i know i support quinn, and i should not laugh but i laughed when i saw this comment lololol, captain pretty face :D:D

Edited by Alterkai

There is.

Edited by OldVengeance

ennnnn, ye if u say that way, but come on, No one would trust an Alzheimer disease guy to lead a fleet right? plus he also killed some sis agents, saving loyal imps and even though he is a bootlicker, but he is our bootlicker right:p

(about the female warrior romance, u can romance with quinn in the warrior three chapters, then romance with Lana in DLCs then u break up with quinn in the war at iokath lol)

The Iokath expansion didn't come out until YEARS after the original story...in the original class story there's like one reference to the betrayal and then it goes on like nothing happened. I'm glad to hear there's a breakup option from the commenter below- but the SW is still forced to keep Quinn on the ship.

Quinn doesn't even know how deranged the Moff is until later...until after he's spent about six conversations going on about him. Add that to his elitism and inability to get along with anyone in the crew, and his constant self-promotion...nope. Everyone else on that ship is way more proactive in promoting the Empire's needs. Quinn spends the entire story on his personal vendetta, and then betrayed the SW, and then expected everything to go back to normal.

I couldn't stand him. Not on Balmorra; certainly not later. After the betrayal, when I couldn't kill him, I chose the most Dark Side option and then put a full-face mask on him so I didn't have to look at him on the ship anymore. I pretended he was just a maintenance cyborg.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There's a dialogue option to breakup with him in the same scene as the betrayal.

Is there really? Good. I'd heard the opposite from several people who went through with FSW who romanced him. According to them Quinn just continued the romance cues as though nothing happened - which made sense to me because he acts as though everything's just awesome on the ship after that if you don't romance him. The only reference to it was in a scene with Darth Vowrawn where the SW gets to say something like "Nope, don't forgive you."

It's possible it used to be bugged, but I don't know because I've never romanced him. But I've seen many videos of players picking the "We are breaking up" option and he doesn't act like they are together in later videos.

I got the sense that Quinn's final conversation is meant to trigger after the betrayal (whether or not it does now, I don't know) because he references "the good and the bad" of everything they've been through together.

It's possible it used to be bugged, but I don't know because I've never romanced him. But I've seen many videos of players picking the "We are breaking up" option and he doesn't act like they are together in later videos.

I got the sense that Quinn's final conversation is meant to trigger after the betrayal (whether or not it does now, I don't know) because he references "the good and the bad" of everything they've been through together.

Ah. Good to know. For me I got his final convo after the Baras fight, so it was way after the betrayal. I was sort of shocked there was an option in it where the SW can say something about having children with Quinn (and again, my FSW didn't romance him and was pretty awful to him after the betrayal). It was like, "how is this even here?!"

• 4 weeks later...
My reason to ..let's not say hate, but dislike Malavai Quinn : i just completed the Hutta quest on a SW, recruited Jaesa. Somehow, Quinn seemed a bit envious, like he expected me to fail. What reasons does he have to be that envious? He's a soldier, I'm a Sith, i do whatever i please, end of story.

Quinn is stuck between a rock and a hard place when you get to chapter 3. While I understand the reason that people would prefer him dead, he at least admits to his mistake and tries to make good on it.

It's also two things: incredibly callous and incredibly stupid.

Incredibly stupid: Quinn (should be) smart enough to realize a blaster pistol and two heavy battle droids isn't going to do squat against the Emperor's Wrath. He's throwing away his life; even if he stalemated the fight somehow, no Sith would suffer him to live, no matter how much he groveled afterwards.

Incredibly callous: If your SW is male, Quinn just threw away more than two years of loyal service that was apparently never loyal. If your SW is female, Quinn (probably) just threw away more than two years of relationship that was apparently a lie the whole time. If a female Warrior romances Quinn, the betrayal thus basically makes him a sociopath.

I don't hate Quinn for what he did... I mean, betraying you for a Sith who is, if not more powerful literally, than certainly more powerful politically is kind of a smart career move. I hate Quinn because he necessarily represents a moronic plot direction at his expense taken by the writers. How he went about that betrayal and how it was resolved was some of the worst writing in any Bioware game prior to KOTFE :p

Edited by Diviciacus

"Really Quinn? Really? Put that pipe down."

Were my exact thoughts when that happened, seemed very whimsical if anything. He knows full well what I can do by that point and he shows up with 2 battle droids and a blaster pistol.......le sigh.