Continuing Game Suggestion

SithLordSheevaKy

I think we all want you to make the game in the end to be completely, you yourself make the the decision to join the Empire or the Republic, no matter what faction you started with. We need more lfashpoints, and story oriented operations. We have to keep evolving. There are millions of people that love this MMO, don't give up on us, PLEASE!!

I think we all want you to make the game in the end to be completely, you yourself make the the decision to join the Empire or the Republic, no matter what faction you started with.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "we all" - some people claim to play SWTOR just for PvP, for example, and for someone like that, late-stage story mechanics are essentially irrelevant - but yes, it's a recurring request to be able to change factions or not as we choose.

I don't expect faction swap to be a thing but if it happens I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Tbh they already put themselves in a difficult situation story-wise regarding this issue. Since your character can't be a saboteur forever the devs have 2 ways of "fixing" this: either they make changing factions an actual thing or the change exists only story-wise and they'll implement story excuses as they did on Iokath to justify sticking with a lot of your factions mechanics (ex: different identity to board the fleet). The thing is one of these will be praised and welcomed by the community, while the other will be seen as lazy and ridiculous. We both know which is which.

Edited by JJKerryee

Tbh they already put themselves in a difficult situation story-wise regarding this issue. Since your character can't be a saboteur forever the devs have 2 ways of "fixing" this: either they make changing factions an actual thing or the change exists only story-wise and they'll implement story excuses as they did on Iokath to justify sticking with a lot of your factions mechanics (ex: different identity to board the fleet). The thing is one of these will be praised and welcomed by the community, while the other will be seen as lazy and ridiculous. We both know which is which.

Well I'm certainly not holding my breath about faction swap, I hope they at least allow the story to progress normally without forcing us back into our original faction. I like the saboteur path, have one in each faction, and I wouldn't like them being forced.