Directive 7: Bulwark Broken?

Got to Bulwark on Directive 7, first of all he deals ridiculous damage regardless of whether you interrupt him or not. Second of all when he gets to a certain % he gets some invulnerability shield and then kills everyone with some electricity in a few seconds despite being LoS'd. So what do we do? Is there some way to stop that shield killing all of us there doesn't seem to be any warning before he does it.

Oh yea and yesterday we did Red Reaper and three of us didn't get credit for the daily what's that about

Edited by Keengamer

We're having the same issue. Our guild is tryting to run D7. Same issue with Bulwark. We Camp at the terminals. FLIP them the second they go blue and we're still not able to interrupt the BLAST, it seems the SMASH we can.....

we've tried;

all in front of the boss. doesn't work. we still hits an uninterruptable laser for 6k+

all under the terminals. doesn't work same issue.

all behind the boss.

LoS during his abilities.

Stun during his abilities.

We've tried to no success so far. Thoughts? Bugged Maybe?

I just tried this boss with a few guildies. The actual mechanics of the fight were workable, but at 25%ish he'd hard enrage and wipe us. Anyone actually kill this guy on heroic?

**set-up we used was tank on the right side by panel, myself and both dps on left side right on boss' ***. The healing is pretty intense but we managed to keep up until the hard enrage.

Edited by Jooji

I just tried this boss with a few guildies. The actual mechanics of the fight were workable, but at 25%ish he'd hard enrage and wipe us. Anyone actually kill this guy on heroic?

That's exactly what happened to use a few times. killed him on normal fine..

on hard mode no matter what we did, he'd just kill everyone around 30%

Cleared the instance on Hardmode today, its a HELL of FUN :D

Hardest 4man i´ve ever played so far - Bullwark has a tight enrage timer.

ONTOPIC: If u die on Bulwarks AOE, your Group isn´t geared enough, u can only interupt the smash.

Edited by HansoSoloo

Cleared the instance on Hardmode today, its a HELL of FUN :D

Hardest 4man i´ve ever played so far - Bullwark has a tight enrage timer.

ONTOPIC: If u die on Bulwarks AOE, your Group isn´t geared enough, u can only interupt the smash.

Were you killing the adds also?

• 2 weeks later...
Just two manned it at level 48, Jedi Shadow tank, Smuggler Scoundrel healer, two healing companions, park the companions under the panel that will be behind the boss, healer tuck in there too, have healer interrupt the smash (like a boss), and line of sight the burst, destroy panels, kill droids, and then hit him forever and a day. Took a while, but if the smash gets interrupted this fight is no problem.

What we ended up on heroic:

The juggernaught tank stand in front of him in his initial position. Me the sorcerer healer standing on the left panel, my sorcerer dps friend on the right one. Finally the operative dps just behind him.

We ofc deactivated the buttons as soon as they spawned, but we chose to just ignore the droids comming to repair. Atleast on heroic mode they channel before they repair the button, which makes it easy to deactivate it as soon as it's back functioning again.

After it's repaired the droids will hit the group for about 10 seconds (most often me the healer) before despawning and a new group of droids going up to repair. The droids hit me for like 500 per hit which was easy to manage. I guess you can CC them aswell, but if your dps have an aoe effect spell as part of his max dps rotation you might aswell just let the droids hit the healer. He should be able to handle it.

The only thing that was a pain was that our melee operative took alot of damage due to being in melee range, but making sure to always have the bubble active on him as soon as it could be recast and a quick heal every now and then kept him up.

Doing this we had Bulwark dead before the enrage timer hit. We don't really have any fancy gear. Pretty much all blue/orange/green from commendations and flashpoints we got while leveling. No pvp epics either.

Edited by Jigglypants

Cleared it last night, pretty easy all things considered some things of note:

1. Bulwark Burst - you can run abit away from melee range and not get hit by this, i did this as the tank.

2. Bulwark Smash - someone other than the tank needs to interrupt this, it seems to reset or lower tank threat if it goes off.

3. There's a middle ground where you won't be hit by burst, ranged and healers can stand by the generators to avoid dmg

Don't worry about the droids, let them repair the generators if they want, just have someone there ready to click on them again if need be.

Was in a grp yesterday after about 6-7 wipes we got it. Pop medpacks,defensive cd, everything to survive cuz its brutal for the healer almost nothing from the boss is avoidable it seems only able to interrupt the smash. For the adds we just cced them when they spawned so we only had to hit the 2 panels once. Also you have to either kill or cc those adds they stun people so healer stun=wipe Edited by shiftmode

My guild group did it like this. I tanked under the panels on one side, everyone else on the other. When the healer needed to regain force, we allowed the droids to repair the terminals, but then destroyed them so they cant repair bulwark. Let the healer recharge, then went back at it.

We beat him in 1 try.

All apart from the tank stand in the corner to the RIGHT of Bulwark as you enter the room and face the boss.

Deal with the switches, and additionals as usual (all of this has already been explained in detail in the rest of this post).

Notes for the tank:

Stand in the corner to the LEFT of Bulwark as you enter the room and face the boss.

Tank him at around 3-4m.

When he does BULWARK BURST run back so that you are approximately 7.5m away from Bulwark, and most importantly wait there until he grabs the air above you and gives off a static charge.

By doing this you should avoid most of the damage from that attack. After he has released the static shock you are free to move back into melee range (unless your ranged, I did this as a Jedi Guardian)

When he does BULWARK SMASH you will NEED someone to interrupt him. (we had a Jedi shadow interrupting him). If you do not interrupt early he will do a lot of damage so its really important for the group to be awake. Also once has cast that skill (and its hopefully been interrupted) move back to 7.5m and wait for the static shock skill, after which you can move back in and DPS.

Rinse and repeat till he is dead.

Took us a few attempts to get this right but the healer commented that he found him self DPSing as I was hardly taking damage once we finally killed him. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Cleared D7 on hard 3 times...! In fact just fyi I cleared all of the hardmodes.. It's totally doable, haven't experienced any bugs in the last boss fight for some reason, although I have heard others than the people posting here that it CAN bug out..

I haven't had any of these experiences at all. I'm a Jedi Sage healer, and I think this fight is very easy to heal, in fact most of the time I do damage to help out on the enrage timer, which is the only thing that can be a bit tight on this fight, there's hardly any damage, not even to the tank a few times where the tank would get burst down to 50% hp which is very easy to heal up and then just dps'ing him down, first time we took him on hardmode we took him on 2nd try, first try failing because of the enrage timer.

We used a Jedi Guardian tank, a jedi sage dps and a jedi shadow dps.

All in all it's a very easy hardmode, last boss can be a bit of a pain for the healer :p (though apparently you can taunt the claw thingy (which we found out after we did it the 2nd time (today))).