Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

Rantank
04.17.2013 , 06:29 AM | #511
I just installed it and I'm noticing considerable improvement.
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous

funkiestj
04.17.2013 , 09:09 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Honestly, every time I try using this I notice absolutely no difference in game performance.

Then again, I have an OCed i7-3770k running at 4.0ghz and 32gb of ram. Although -- no SSD, just a plain old HDD. But no change in performance.

Seems a tad strange, but oh well! Nice to hear that it works for some.
please time how long it takes to :
  • load a new toon from the toon selection screen
  • load a planet (e.g. corellia)
  • load a WZ and then load back to fleet when done

Be sure to check the unlleashed option to cache everything. I already get very good frame rates without unleashed and saw liltte or now improvement there. I do see a noticeable improvement in load times. Seeing as how I do a lot of WZs and also switch between toons for crafting improving load times matters to me.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Greenify
04.17.2013 , 02:32 PM | #513
Hey, um I get this problem
http://grabilla.com/03411-07845e4f-3...0e93318bd.html
Also is R the ram disk drive or do I find it somehow?

DarthVitrial
04.17.2013 , 03:39 PM | #514
As far as I can tell, SWTOR Unleashed works fine with ImDisk 1.7.1 beta.

GNWP
04.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #515
Started getting this error evey time I try to run SWTOR with Force Unleashed.

Edit:
Fixed that by reinstalling Imdisk and SWTOR Unleashed.

jasontiller
04.19.2013 , 06:05 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Honestly, every time I try using this I notice absolutely no difference in game performance.

Then again, I have an OCed i7-3770k running at 4.0ghz and 32gb of ram. Although -- no SSD, just a plain old HDD. But no change in performance.

Seems a tad strange, but oh well! Nice to hear that it works for some.
LOL. Dude... you have 32GB of memory! Windows will use all unallocated memory as a disk cache. Since TOR only chews up 3GB or so, you have arounc 28GB left as cache. After you load an area for the first time, it will never leave memory - all subsequent loads will be lightning fast.

For those of us not graced with 32GB, Unleashed looks pretty nice...

---Stentorian

Sameria
04.23.2013 , 11:00 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by jasontiller View Post
LOL. Dude... you have 32GB of memory! Windows will use all unallocated memory as a disk cache. Since TOR only chews up 3GB or so, you have arounc 28GB left as cache. After you load an area for the first time, it will never leave memory - all subsequent loads will be lightning fast.

For those of us not graced with 32GB, Unleashed looks pretty nice...

---Stentorian
I load all my asset files in my 32GB of ram, using Unleashed. I love it and have been using it since I have had 8GB.
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

darrenwn
04.24.2013 , 01:29 AM | #518
i have an i3 3220,gt 630(crap card but plays this game at 40fps in combat on low settings) 8gb of ram!
i thought i would try this to see if it would improve load times,cant say ive noticed any diffrence,but what i have noticed is every now and then in gameplay i get a ever so slight pause that was not there before,it doesnt affect gameplay or anything,its just a small annoyance lol! im thinking maybe ive added the wrong stuff,so far ive got disk cache arena,local apps and fx,is there anything else i should be adding for a smoother play,faster load times?

Icestar
04.25.2013 , 06:24 AM | #519
Anybody know what files to load up for
  • Warzones
  • OPS
  • Fleet
  • Flashpoints

I have 16 RAM

Tiridian
05.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #520
I was recently advised to run SWTOR in Windows xp sp3 compatibility mode for performance purposes (advice was for those using Windows 7). It seemed that running in this mode with Exca's SWTOR Unleashed active was not appropriate as I was consistently crashing during play. Forgive my ignorance:
1. Is SWTOR unleashed not compatible with running SWTOR in xp sp3 compatibility mode?
2. If it is not, are any able to comment on which might be more appropriate for someone with 12GB of RAM, 3GB of Video RAM, Core i7 @ 3.6Ghz?

Thank you,
Tiridian