Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

Darkjolith

Effort required to get full War Hero fully optimized for that gear level:

About a week to two weeks getting comms for gear and more comms to get rid of crappy mods, and then about a million credits to augment your gear (more if you go for purple augments).

Effort required to get a premade of your own going:

Type "50 PVP anyone?" in guild chat when you log on.

Friends don't let friends solo queue.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a restaurant but I couldn't get a table, someone had reserved a table of four. This is unfair, prebooking is ruining restaurants! I bet they were on welfare too!

(I have a six figure salary, am a space pilot, and I'm married to Scarlett Johansson btw).

Edited by PloGreen

I went to a restaurant but I couldn't get a table, someone had reserved a table of four. This is unfair, prebooking is ruining restaurants! I bet they were on welfare too!

(I have a six figure salary, am a space pilot, and I'm married to Scarlett Johansson btw).

Maybe you should just pay to win since clearly Scarlett is overpowered and you have better things to do with her...

But therein lies the rub. Having any expectation to be successful as a solo player is not the correct mindset to have since you are not controlling the randomness that is PuGGing.. You never know what card you are going to be dealt, you have to live with the fact that someone has a full house and you got a pair of 2s(in recruit).. I build my "PuG success" on how we faired...

I totally agree and you just explained why I love puging and don't group up. What you left out is its not completely random, the random pug is almost always getting matched up to the non random premade. Using your analogy I'm playing with the random hand I'm dealt against somebody who got to pick and choose his hand from the deck.

I want to go into a game that is 100% random where my outcome is determined by my own skill and ability to come together with others. That is perfect if the opposition is playing by the same rules; my randomness vs their randomness means the skill becomes the deciding factor. But usually the pug is matched against a team using a third party program to give themselve an unfair aadvantage over my team. Now me and my teams skill and accomplishments are moot.

My question is why are premade players so against split queues?

We're not suggesting taking away your ability to play with your friends or guild. We're just suggesting that you be matched up against people that have the same advantage you have. Why do you see that as something to oppose?

Edited by Kerensk

My question is why are premade players so against split queues? e're not suggesting taking away your ability to play with your friends or guild. We're just suggesting that you be matched up against people that have the same advantage you have. Why do you see that as something to oppose?

The opposition is on two fronts:

1. Ques are already split, yet barriers exist for one, so does adding another split make sense given the populations?

2. Premading don't guarantee a win or a faceroll for that matter. And even the built in advantages aren't even utilized 100% of the time (sometimes we are playing grabazz with the female guild members)... There is no possible way a premade will faceroll a competent, decently geared PuG (unless the RNG gods lined up 8 DPS Mercs against the servers top premade).

The solution is simple.

Premades 8EA que for Ranked Only.

Premades 4EA que for either, but not both.

Premades 2-3 Normals.

Solo Normal only.

It never ends...

Gear is beyond easy to get now and so are friends. It's an MMO F F S!

I'm not even complaining about gear. I'm just saying it takes even less effort to form a premade. If you don't that's on you.

Also whats all this you guys talking about your premades always matched against PuGs. I'd say the vast majority of my matches, using a premade, is against another premade. Maybe everyone on shadowlands just wised the hell up.

After reading the responses, I would form the opinion that most of you are happy and content with the current form of PVP warzones. You enjoy one lopsided victories. You enjoy killing new players over and over and get a thrill off it.

Also, most of you are quite insulting when posting, anger issues ? Or you are so happy with the current state that you do not wish any changes.

After reading your responses I have decided to let my sub end. I know, I know you don't care, the game is better off with out me playing, don't let door hit me on the way out.

I'm not leaving because PVP in my opinion is horrible for new players, or due to getting PVP gear or disparity in queue solo and pre-made groups being thrown all in one. I am leaving because most of the responses are rude and insulting and I don't want to even consider joining your swtor community, since you represent them.

To those that did post constructive and informative responses, thank you it was much appreciated. Makes believe there is a slim hope for mankind.

Again thank you for a warm welcome in your swtor community and goodbye.

After reading the responses, I would form the opinion that most of you are happy and content with the current form of PVP warzones. You enjoy one lopsided victories. You enjoy killing new players over and over and get a thrill off it.

Also, most of you are quite insulting when posting, anger issues ? Or you are so happy with the current state that you do not wish any changes.

After reading your responses I have decided to let my sub end. I know, I know you don't care, the game is better off with out me playing, don't let door hit me on the way out.

I'm not leaving because PVP in my opinion is horrible for new players, or due to getting PVP gear or disparity in queue solo and pre-made groups being thrown all in one. I am leaving because most of the responses are rude and insulting and I don't want to even consider joining your swtor community, since you represent them.

To those that did post constructive and informative responses, thank you it was much appreciated. Makes believe there is a slim hope for mankind.

Welcome to the internet.

I'm not even complaining about gear. I'm just saying it takes even less effort to form a premade. If you don't that's on you.

Also whats all this you guys talking about your premades always matched against PuGs. I'd say the vast majority of my matches, using a premade, is against another premade. Maybe everyone on shadowlands just wised the hell up.

Wasn't directed at you... I don't think. I don't think it was directed at anyone. I was just complaining about other people complaining. :D

But I agree on all counts. I'm really not sure what the complaints are about... but probably because I don't solo queue.

Clearly... the problem is also the solution. ;)

I like the way you try and act like your above all of this kind of thing and then slip an insult and assumption in there yourself. Quit being a drama queen.

Yeah pre-make a recruit gear group because nobody else geared is going to group with you...then when you show up in that group any geared players will leave...then there is that moment when you realize you are paying $15 a month to have zero fun as cattle for other players to farm coms.Yep seems to be the smartest business model ever.

Yeah pre-make a recruit gear group because nobody else geared is going to group with you...then when you show up in that group any geared players will leave...then there is that moment when you realize you are paying $15 a month to have zero fun as cattle for other players to farm coms.Yep seems to be the smartest business model ever.

You can save comms from level 40 onwards. Did you not do that? They increased the amount you could save and made war hero very very cheap.

If you didn't save your comms unlucky but at least you get a free starter set. Better than what I had when I hit 50.

Doesn't take long to farm gear and augment it but if you just chuck in the towel then you will never succeed in a game of this type, no offense.

You can save comms from level 40 onwards. Did you not do that? They increased the amount you could save and made war hero very very cheap.

If you didn't save your comms unlucky but at least you get a free starter set. Better than what I had when I hit 50.

Doesn't take long to farm gear and augment it but if you just chuck in the towel then you will never succeed in a game of this type, no offense.

So your stance is that you should be willing to pay to have no fun in a game so someday you will have fun? Really is that what a GAME should be?

They should of made recruit gear with a ton of health and damage mitigation that can be only worn under X valor level. that would of orientated new players to pvp and at least keep higher geared players from quitting WZs with to many recruit geared players on their team....

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! MOMMY DEM BAD PREMADES TOOK AWAY MY WINS!!! WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! BIOWARE SHOULD GET RID OF PREMADES BECUASE I SUCK AND CANT BEAT THEM WHAAAAAA!!!

You see where Im going with this? cry more, get owned.

So many people on these boards complain about match making in lvl 50 WZs, even though most essentially agree the system is somewhat broken.

TANGENT: I know I'm repeating like a broken record every time I bring it up but, until BW says "yeah we know there are too many curb-stomps and not enough close matches, we're working on it" I feel I have to represent this view point for the same reason politicians bombard you with the same political advert over and over -- repetition of message wins mind share.

If only 1 message in 500 mentions match scheduling while 80 mention class imbalance I'm afraid BW will ignore the biggest problems holding PvP improvements back (match scheduling, improvements to allow season 1 RWZ).

---

Yes, it is disappointing (yet not surprising) that some folks always sink to the level of name calling.

logic and common sense are not wanted here

Or perhaps it is simply that I have no desire to socialize with a group. Seriously look at the posts here, and ask yourself logically why anyone would want to subject themselves to having to listen and put up with socializing with these types of people for more than a few minutes.

I understand this is an MMO but it also gives me the ability to ignore people, and I get my socialization outside of this game with people I actually enjoy.

Why should I be forced to join a guild, group or anything of the sort just to play the game and even remotely stand a chance of being successful? I am not demanding or even asking for this game to geared to fit ONLY my preference of playing style. Read my post as my main point was the game might be a tad more enjoyable if EA put a little effort into trying to balance out the teams (by make up of the classes) as it seems now it is just smash or be smashed, neither of which I find to be that enjoyable.

Edited by onstorm

Dear Bioware,

I tried SWTOR on Dec 2012 and enjoyed your storylines and PVE content that I decided to subscribe. I got my first Level 50 and started new alts. On PVE Content I have found your game mostly balanced and fun.

I started PVPing and it's just not fair. How does a new player compete with pre-made teams that are far better geared. They are so vastly superiorly geared that it's not worth PVPing as a new player. The warzones I enter is just one sided. The new player is dead within 3 to 5 seconds, this is not fun.

Please address this issue, why would any of your new players that have just subscribed want to renew when they are just killed over and over. There must be some sort of rating system you can implement , giving gear a number and the sum of over all gear is somewhat equal to the two teams facing against each other.

There's no way they could ever match players with similar gear/roles for warzones. There just isn't the playerbase, even if they would add cross server queues. Wow doesn't even do that. I think the problem is the lack of PvP content. There are really only 2 options if a geared player or guild wants to pvp. They can do ranked (requires healers, tanks and dps to be online) or they can queue normals.

Normal warzones are always going to be one sided. Like maybe 1 out of 50 are not one sided before the gates open. I don't even think premades lead to this. The game is so zerg/heavy damage friendly that if you don't have the right class mix/gear, good luck getting a balanced game.

Or perhaps it is simply that I have no desire to socialize with a group. Seriously look at the posts here, and ask yourself logically why anyone would want to subject themselves to having to listen and put up with socializing with these types of people for more than a few minutes.

I understand this is an MMO but it also gives me the ability to ignore people, and I get my socialization outside of this game with people I actually enjoy.

Why should I be forced to join a guild, group or anything of the sort just to play the game and even remotely stand a chance of being successful? I am not demanding or even asking for this game to geared to fit ONLY my preference of playing style. Read my post as my main point was the game might be a tad more enjoyable if EA put a little effort into trying to balance out the teams (by make up of the classes) as it seems now it is just smash or be smashed, neither of which I find to be that enjoyable.

I actually got a permanent 5 point infraction and a ban for stating what you just stated. I think you'll probably get that too soon, you can laugh at the wording in your infraction message. It's really pretty funny. They then threaten you with a perma-ban too.

The people that are making these decisions are inept from the top down, at every level. They seriously think that the current way they are doing things is the best way. They won't change.

I honestly wish they'd just remove instanced PVP altogether. I would rather have open world stuff instead, like with the Rhakghoul event which was more fun that dopey warzones anyway. It's unfortunate this lame game can't actually handle multiple people on the screen at once, and struggles even with 8v8. In beta there was a time where there was 12v12, I personally thought those were the best matches especially in the node map like Alderaan. At that time there was only Alderaan and Huttball, maybe VS got added during 12v12 but I don't think it was.

I still can't believe we can't pick our WZ. The only WZ I would ever queue up for if given the choice is huttball. The rest of these wzs are completely worthless.