Origin blocking people from canceling

rushx

Yea, they're not going to let you cancel your order today, because the full game codes are being sent out now.

It would be like trying to cancel a box order after it has already shipped. You need to wait until you get it, and then call them up for a return-and-refund.

If you go into Origin Help (from the site or software) and hit the Call Back option - they will usually call you within a couple minutes. Both times I have used it, I would walk away from computer (and phone) after clicking it, and end up running back in the room to answer their call.

Also, they are EXTREMELY helpful. Both times I called them my problem was fixed immediately (One being Orgin account having two xbox gamertags associated and messing up xbox connectivity and Find Friends function; the other being no confirmation/tracking/etc of my Security Key order. I got confirmation on the security key by email while still on the phone with them, during a ~3 minute phone call)

Also, I see no reason you cannot cancel today, since release isn't actually until the 20th, and chances are when you pre-ordered you had no idea you were getting the key early. Just don't redeem the key on the website. If it's a non-activated key, you probably have until the 19th to cancel, even if you can only do so by phone.

Edited by NoWorldOrder

They send out the product keys today. You can't expect to be able to cancel at the last moment.

That depends where he is from. Unless he already entered the key and 'used' their service (ie played) you can cancel any order within 14 days after purchse in the EU at least.

they have removed any possible way to cancel pre-order on the site

piss taking *****

I have to ask, why are you cancelling so close to the actual launch? If it's because you have not yet got your EGA access, please stick with the game! It's worth the wait if the beta test was anything to go by.

If you're not happy with the game from what you've seen since the NDA dropped, then fair one (but you should have cancelled earlier IMHO). Call them and ask for a refund. Origin.com are not doing anything wrong, the actual retail codes are being sent between 16th and 19th of December. Due to this, you can't cancel today as your retail code is queued for delivery or already with you.

Either way, hope it gets sorted for you :)

Wow all these people upset that they didn't get in early yet.

I preordered dec 9th and I'm not in yet but i am very happy because i will probably be in today since bioware decided to start the early access on the 12th instead of the 15th.

so i say thank you bioware thank you so much for an amazing game and i will be playing it for years to come.