dirty little secret---slicing

Soulchilde

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't nerfed hard enough. The influx of money is screwing up the economy

Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN.. :(

Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.

Entitlement. That's why.

The whole point of the money system is that you can't get everything you like instantly, you need to work for it.

Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN.. :(

5k, 20k, 50k, 100k dunno about the last one.

Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.

It was ? Never for me. In every mmo i have played i had enough for mount as soon as it was avaible to me.

I do have sliceing here, i have something like 90k when i hit level 25. With 2 upgrades to my backpack already.

I heard that at level 50 there are skills that cost 500k to train. I don;t know how someone without sliceing will be able to train those.

Economy is broken becouse GTN is broken. There is no bid option so there is no economy. People are placeing stuff at sugested price or even lower.

Questing 1-50 gives you all the credits you need (over 1.5M) to buy literally everything you need. Level 3 speeder, all crew skills to 400, all inventory slots, etc.

There is very little value to level a skill before level cap (besides slicing, everyone should take slicing while leveling, it is indeed broken). Slicing is nice but it's not even necessary if you don't want to bother with it. If you are broke, quest more (or pvp or space mission more) and crew skill less until later.

Edited by icanhasraegtiem

Oh, I don't know. If you go for full orange equip on every slot you can get, slicing becomes kinda necessary, with having to buy mods every two levels for your entire crew and yourself.

That's not the issue. On my server lvl 20 blues and purps are going for 10k-15k... , so for people who don't follow the forums or played during beta opening the AH and finding items WAY over-priced can be dis-heartening

Wasn't nerfed hard enough. The influx of money is screwing up the economy

Im sorry but has enough time even elapsed to have an economy big enough to screw up? I mean the game just got released officially today.....Are you saying there is already enough of a backbone on the AH and enough items and prices that its already big enough to break? I really doubt it.

Slicing is not that op imo....I am level 320 and I only have 80k....You dont always get giant yields from lock boxes.....

And I remember when I had to walk to school, in the snow, uphill both ways.....grumble grumble grumble.....

Changing customer base.

Op- So take slicing. All my charcters will as they level, but as eveyone will be doing that, eveyone is in the same boat. At max level I'll ditch it and make more money from selling blue mats and crafted gear so it will even out.

We all have the same options, so its not OP, you choose not to take them, fine, just dont ***** about others.

In 6months time when people sellign crafted loot have 50mil, will you call for them to be taxed?

Because once upon a time to get your epic mount in WoW you had to spend weeks farming and doing instances, now you just need to have the gold to buy it. WoW, dumbing down content and people since 2006.....

I don't think that stuff is too expensive, I've got almost 60k credits at level 21 and I don't have slicing. Not only that I have my Synthweaving at 140ish and Archaeology up to around 160, so I've not been slacking on crafting.

A profession that prints its own money is a bad idea. I sit on my ship and send my companions out on Slicing missions while I'm watching TV.

Slicing will always be impossible to balance. Nerf too hard and you've created a useless profession. Buff too high, and credits become meaningless.

LMAO

This is sandbox there is no real economy, play EVE and then argue that this games economy is unstable

Still play EVE with a huge Corp and I know economy. Btw, no game can compare with EVE economy, so bringing this up here doesn't change the fact the excess money drives up prices

without slicing i've not had ANY money issue and still maned to get piloting and mission skills/crafting to my level easily.

bought extra rows on bag and helping guildies who didn't realise the 40k for piloting was needed for stap.

This is sad news.

If it's bad as people are saying, level 50's with 5 mil from slicing without really working at it, this is going to screw up the in game economy as bad as a credit dupe.

If they don't jump on it quick it will be a long hard road to bring it under control.

Looks like another lack of MMO experience issue for the devs