Fancy box from the end of chapter 1

Ikod

So I got the fancy box that tells me I can get a piece of gear from Drommond Kaas or Corroscant. Had to log out and head to bed right after that. Is this like a piece of herritage equpment from WoW or is it somthing else? Im at work so I cant check it our for about 5 more hours. This is eating away at my brain. What is this cool thing I can get?

I do believe that it said I could use the box to "create" an inheritence item which was what made me think of WoW heirlom(sp?) items.

If it is a legacy item does that mean I can share it amongst all the characters in my legacy?

Edited by Ikod

It's used for a main-hand weapon that you can create for a new character to use of any class (even if it's not the one you got the box on). Basically, you mail that box to another character and go to the vendors on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant and you can get a level 14 weapon for them with rather high stats for the level to make your next run a bit easier and yes it's legacy bound.

It is used to buy the item, and will buy a specific item, not only a weapon. But it depends on what it says, for example, if it said something like ' inheritance chest piece construction kit' it can be used to buy a chest piece for one character.

It's used for a main-hand weapon that you can create for a new character to use of any class (even if it's not the one you got the box on). Basically, you mail that box to another character and go to the vendors on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant and you can get a level 14 weapon for them with rather high stats for the level to make your next run a bit easier and yes it's legacy bound.

It's not just for Main hand weapons, it can be used to buy an item for most slots

Freakin cool! I got my first toon to legacy now its time to play arround with some others to see what I am liking the most. Ars Merc is 32, Sorc is now 16 and a 10 Agent. Cool gear for everyone. I get to horde up even more credits now lol.

The kit is used up by isn't the piece you bought still bind to legacy so you could pass that piece still between your characters. So if you bought a lightsaber you could pass that to another force character.

Gotcha, so it sounds more like the WoW gear. You buy a Bow any Bow user on your account can use it but its still just a bow so that mage you have woint be using it

Sweet, so I could for example mail the box to my sorcerer for a saber then mail the box again to my agent for a rifle?

The box is traded for the weapon in question. (i.e. give the box to the appropriate vendor, receive the weapon in exchange.)

Said weapon is a level 14 purple mainhand. It will be significantly better than anything else you'll be able to use until you get well into Balmorra (Imperial) or Taris (Republic).

Gotcha, so it sounds more like the WoW gear. You buy a Bow any Bow user on your account can use it but its still just a bow so that mage you have woint be using it

Yea, its similar to the boa gear from wow, the only thing is you can only buy the intended gear on that character, meaning if you want to buy the Bounty hunter gear, it has to be purchased with an actual bounty hunter, otherwise you get an error message saying you're not the correct class or some junk. And each time you get another character to the end of chapter 2 you always get the main hand weapon kit., all the other kits come from the crew skills Investigation, Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading usually from the one time use 340 mission's though its completely random if you get a legacy kit or not, usually from mission crits. Hope this helps.

The kit is used up by isn't the piece you bought still bind to legacy so you could pass that piece still between your characters. So if you bought a lightsaber you could pass that to another force character.

I'm not certain, but I suspect that the weapons are class-locked.

Even if that were not the case, I would not recommend trying to pass a Jedi Knight lightsaber (Strength based) on to Jedi Consular (uses Willpower). (Nor a Sorceror's Lightsaber to a Warrior.) Cross-faction mirror classes might be possible, though.

Similarly, an Operative Rifle (Cunning) will not be of much use to a Vanguard (Aim), nor a Bounty Hunter Pistol to a Smuggler.

Edited by GymQuirk

Check the inventory of all your characters because when my Assassin got her legacy for the first time the kit appeared in the inventories of all the characters I had at the time problem is that none of them can use it until lvl 20 but still useful for other characters lower in lvl that I have.

sweet, thanks! all good info. Does this item have Mod slots? Ive gotten 2 purple mods to drop for my sorc. I got a purple hilt and somthing else a crystal possibly.

Yes to the best of my knowledge all Legacy items have slots for mods. All of mine did especially the weapons and armor.

If it's purple, is it moddable? It seems like some purple items are moddable, some aren't.

When you use the kit and choose the item you want check the item's stats if it has the following: Mod [open] or something similar then yes the purple item can be modified if it doesnt have mod slots then no mods can be used.

Then explain why my sorcerer's legacy lightsaber has Mod and not augment slots (the weapon is inheritance gear).

Are you sure it isn't the lightsaber you got at the end of your Korriban quests? My Sage recently outleveled her Inheritance Lightsaber (obtained via kit) and switched back to the orange one she built on Tython (with suitable Taris mods).

Are you sure it isn't the lightsaber you got at the end of your Korriban quests? My Sage recently outleveled her Inheritance Lightsaber (obtained via kit) and switched back to the orange one she built on Tython (with suitable Taris mods).

Yes I am shure in fact I ditched the Korriban weapon as soon as I hit Dromund Kaas found a better weapon through comendations. I was able to use that weapons mods on the Legacy weapon and it boosts my stats better than anything I have had so far (however my Sorcerer is only lvl 16 so havent had the Legacy weapon for very long).

Yes I am shure in fact I ditched the Korriban weapon as soon as I hit Dromund Kaas found a better weapon through comendations. I was able to use that weapons mods on the Legacy weapon and it boosts my stats better than anything I have had so far (however my Sorcerer is only lvl 16 so havent had the Legacy weapon for very long).

Very strange...

Logged on to look at the Inheritance weapons my alts have received, and they're stats-only purples.

Checked the gear on the 3rd-party websites (TORHead, Darth Hater database), those weapons supposedly have mod slots.

Could be that my weapons are from an earlier iteration of the Inheritance kits. I've got a level 11 Juggernaut up next on my alt rotation (after I finish doing the Belsavis bonus series on my main). I'll see what kind of weapon he gets form his kit...

Yes, but they are class specific. If you buy a saber, it will only work for another knight, for example.