Well done

Brumly

Well done clowns, I just bought a windows 7 laptop with 16gb ram and a 2gb video card, and do you think your pox ridden bug filled game will launch on it?? I shouldn't need to be a games developer or computer genius to get this **** to run. I will be deleting my account and finishing up. Damn disappointing to lose yet another SW game to ineptitude and uselessness. Idiots.

Well done clowns, I just bought a windows 7 laptop with 16gb ram and a 2gb video card, and do you think your pox ridden bug filled game will launch on it?? I shouldn't need to be a games developer or computer genius to get this **** to run. I will be deleting my account and finishing up. Damn disappointing to lose yet another SW game to ineptitude and uselessness. Idiots.

You sound like you'd enjoy playing a Sith toon, may want to give it another try.

It sounds like you got a cheap laptop to play a high graphics game. You might want to try getting a new computer. Also you might want to turn down the graphics to low and work your way up to see what the best graphics you can use are. I am using a 3-4 year old desktop and I can run the game on low just fine (after a few minutes of loading and some stuttering for a minute once I start playing). I have an Acer Aspire X1200 with AMD Athlon Dual core processor 4850e 2.5 GHz and I think (I am not positive that the video card is correct as it has been a while) a NVIDIA® GeForce® 8200. If I can run it I think anyone can. If you post your specs, a link to the computer, or a name of the computer some one might be able to help. and if you need a cheap computer that can play the game the the Acer Aspire X1200 I think it goes for around $300-450 if all you want to do is play TOR and it would have to be on min graphics. If you want to play games like Skyrim too you might want to start looking at a gaming desktop or a really good gaming laptop. I would suggest a desktop as those are less expensive and run better. Edited by Tekell

I'm running the game just fine on a 4 year old budget refurb Dell dual-core desktop and a low-end, unpowered 1 GB video card I bought last year. I play on the highest settings just fine (except for the stutters I've been getting since 1.4, but everyone is seeing that now). You might want to follow the previous posters' suggestions. Or, just get mad, call the devs clowns, and quit. I'm fine either way.

That is odd. I have a new laptop bought a couple of weeks ago, an acer aspire v3-571G that is playing the game just brilliantly ( in my opinon :) )

With an i5 3210m 2.5gz chip with turbo boost. chip and 2gig nvidia gt630m graphics card with 2 gig memory. Plus 8 gig of RAM.

It works far better than I anticipated for a budget machine, running almost everything on high and "good" fps on fleet too.

My only problem with it is the size of screen, at 15 inches I almost need reading glasses to read the chat etc. I am used to a 22 inch monitor.;)

Edited to add its windows 7 64 bit too.

Edited by Zylaro
forgot something

You shouldn't have spread that lie about the cookies.

But to the OP, you should try customer service. They get paid to help. :)

Also, CS gets paid to NOT tell you your computer is rubbish or call you names.

They can tell you where to go on your computer to get them a full breakdown of what you've got, and the best way to make it work.