Vicious Slash with Hemophilic Slash Tactical is idiotic

GrandLordMenace

The Slash tactical actually ruins the Vengeance rotation. You basically just put shatter up and the other DOTs and spam Vicious Slash over and over and because it reticks the DOTs Vicious Slash then does insane burst damage.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/454633/0

See this parse where Vicious Slash has the second most damage only behind the shatter DOT cause it's just spammed after all the DOTs are used.

Yeah this tactical being the nr1 DPS option for Vengeance is why I just don't care about playing Vengeance in this expansion. Same for Annihilation, it has a similar one. These are one of my most played classes but this time I will pass. It just dumbs down the spec even more, when Vengeance already had a fairly simple rotation. Boring.

Well Bioware actually jumped in and fixed it I guess.

"The Tactical item “Hemophilic Slash” now refreshes damage over time effects off of Ravage (previously Vicious Slash)."

Seems pretty cool to me. It might finally make Ravage feel somewhat worth it to use, rather than a 'well whatever, it's free anyway'. (Which it has felt like to me ever since it's been insta-cast).

Edited by AdjeYo

Ooh now that I'm thinking about it, do you think the individual hits will all cause dot ticks? That'd be pretty crazy.

Edit: It seems that it does tick for each hit, that's pretty nice. But the description still mentions Vicious Slash instead of Ravage. That's the Bioware I know ;)

Edited by AdjeYo

so how does this change the rotation? because if you refresh the dots, you wouldn't going back and using the moves that apply the dots just kill the whole point of the tactical?

It doesn't change the rotation, you play it the same way as in 5.10. The only difference is that sometimes you might want to think about Hew vs Ravage, it might be better to use one or the other as a filler. Priority is to hit Ravage on all 3 DoTs as often as you can, but without interrupting the flow of the rest of the rotation.

I was debating between this one and the smash monkey (vigi thrust CD reduction) tactical too. I havent gotten around to playing vigi much as I'm still building my guardian tank set first (which is what I wind up doing like 80% of the time anyway).

Anyone that has played with them? If so, how big a dps difference (single target, sustained) is it between the hemophilic slashes and the vigi thrust CD reduction? Obviously for aoe the vigi thrust one is going to be preferred I'd assume.

Edited by KendraP