Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

Elfa

Having played both the Sith Sorc and Jedi Consular to 50, I've had time to access both and compare the experience I've had with them and their primary force attack.

On the one hand, the Sorc feels dynamic with Force Lightning. It looks, sounds and feels powerful, overwhelming even. You roll in and unleash terrible hell on your foes and watch laughing as they burn to a crisp.

The Consular's Telekinetic Throw on the other hand feels soft and weak. The attack is boring in every way, just a stream of small pebbles being whooshed into your target. It needs oomph, pizzazz and flair. Change the animation and sound on this attack. Make it feel like it hurts, like it can cause damage.

When you use an attack over and over, a boring attack can become monotonous. Just try something new. You say your constantly working on making things better, so give this another whirl. Make the Telekinetic Throw show that Sorcs aren't the only Force users who can unleash the beast.

*Edit* I named the wrong power, it was the throw and not the Wave, sorry.

Edited by Elfa

The problem with Telekinetic Throw is that it looks and feels nice in the early stages, particularly, Tython, It looks like something a young padawan would do. When I first saw the ability I thought... Wow, that's pretty creative, design wise as well as clever for the padawan to come up with the idea to do it, very Jackie Chan (if you know what I mean).

But as you get farther into the game it just looks...as you say, dull. Level 50 sages throwing pebles at Sith Juggernauts? Maybe the sound needs to be beefed up a bit, maybe the pebbles should evolve into rocks. Maybe it could just be some kind of force wave effect, like a gust of heavy wind but with the stopping power of the force.

Force Quake is a good example of a Jedi Force user looking as powerful as a Sith Force user (great sound clip) The rest of the abilities look like lesser versions of a Jedi Master.

I have not used a dps sith sorcerer yet but I have used two dps jedi consulars.

This is my opinion:

TK throw- Does look cool in the begining but looks even cooler when you spec it to tick twice as fast in the telekinetic tree. It is the same move but twice as fast but this only happens after a weaken mind crit. They could adjust it to make it tick faster often.

Project- I hate the new project but I am used to it by now. You can get it to hit twice and it happens often enough in the balance tree, It also staggers the enemy. One rock could have been the new fast one, the second the older more powerful looking one.

Disturbance- Always looks weak outside of a double hit, but that is rare in the telekinetics tree. Hey BW, tlekinetic momentum needs to be increased from 30% to 50%.

TK Wave- Now I was thinking the same thing for the past few weeks. Look at Satele versus Malgus when she does the same exact pose and releases a monster. When I do it my opponent just shrugs it off. Easy fix to me, have it knockback strongs and normals and interrupt channels.

Turbulence- A cool move that can be interrupted. looks amazing, maybe the sound effect needs to match it.

Force in balance- awesome

Sever force- so quick I hardly notice it.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

I agree with the OP. I like the general idea of Telekinetic throw, but the rather slow moving small pebbles need to be updated. maybe faster moving long pointed rocks, or at least make the rocks larger or something. Force Lightning just looks and feels so much more powerful.

I agree

On my Sorc I feel all "FEEL MY LIGHTNINGY WRATH MWHAHAHAH GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and stuff but on my Sage I feel all "PEBBLES! Fly my little pebbles FLY! Pew pew pew! Teehee"

But they are many pebbles of searing pain.

I love sounds and effects for Turbulence, TK Wave and Disturbance. I think they pretty much correspond with Sateele's moves in her fight in Hope video. I can live easily with TK Throw, though it would indeed be nice if they would somehow highlighted the force element of it for sages. That would mean:

Consular >10 - TK Throw as we know it, pebbles.

Shadow - still pebbles, it is not one of their important moves so they can go easily with pebble storm as an opportune attack.

Sage - a real TK Throw, as shown in the Hope video (the move that sends Malgus flying to the rock) - there are still pebbles in it, but more importantly there is friggen powerful force stream in it.

(Though I disagree with Sorcs feeling stronger... I feel really silly shooting lightning with the horrbile sound. It feels more sithy, not stronger.)

Edited by Slivovidze

I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fists. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage. Edited by Terro_Fett

Ya i have a Sith sorc and a Jedi sage and ya the Sage's ability visually feel much weaker to me. The thunder and re-verb effects on lighting make it feel as if your a a bad ***. The pebble power of the Jedi is a bit under whelming in both sound effects and visual effects. imo.

I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fist. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage.

And it DOES cause serious damage. :hope_06:

I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fists. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage.

Listen to it. its sounds the same as if little pebbles hitting your car.. very underwhelming.

Now think about how it would really sound if you had fist size rocks hitting your car...

Edited by Happy_Puppy

Listen to it. its sounds the same as if little pebbles hitting your car.. very underwhelming.

Now think about how it would really sound if you had fist size rocks hitting your car...

Granted, it does not give off a violent sound, but if you watch the enemy's health bar while you are chucking the rocks, it suddenly becomes not so underwhelming.

I think the concept of the pebbles is fine, I just think they need to make it visually look more powerful. It could use more emphasis on the force behind it. Otherwise it just looks like you've got a rockflinging machine gun.

Maybe even if they showed them coming up off the ground and being redirected forward.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Granted, it does not give off a violent sound, but if you watch the enemy's health bar while you are chucking the rocks, it suddenly becomes not so underwhelming.

I dont think anyone here is saying it does less damage then the lighitng of a sorc. its about the "feel" of it. You know the looks and sounds vs the lighting from sorc. and in that regard it underwhelming :D

I dont think anyone here is saying it does less damage then the lighitng of a sorc. its about the "feel" of it. You know the looks and sounds vs the lighting from sorc. and in that regard it underwhelming :D

...and indeed, we aren't worried about the damage, it's fine as is, but the feel of it is just too weak. At least change up the sound a bit, make it feel as powerful as it is.

They need to change it to what the NPC Jedis have. I believe it's Project Storm or something similar. It's like an over loaded project with multiple project throws and I find that awesome. Why it's not one of our moves I'll never know. How can the NPC Jedis have cooler moves then the players?

Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.

Having played both the Sith Sorc and Jedi Consular to 50, I've had time to access both and compare the experience I've had with them and their primary force attack.

On the one hand, the Sorc feels dynamic with Force Lightning. It looks, sounds and feels powerful, overwhelming even. You roll in and unleash terrible hell on your foes and watch laughing as they burn to a crisp.

The Consular's Telekinetic Throw on the other hand feels soft and weak. The attack is boring in every way, just a stream of small pebbles being whooshed into your target. It needs oomph, pizzazz and flair. Change the animation and sound on this attack. Make it feel like it hurts, like it can cause damage.

When you use an attack over and over, a boring attack can become monotonous. Just try something new. You say your constantly working on making things better, so give this another whirl. Make the Telekinetic Throw show that Sorcs aren't the only Force users who can unleash the beast.

*Edit* I named the wrong power, it was the throw and not the Wave, sorry.

The Force is weak with this one...

I feel very powerful when I use Force Throw. :-)

Maybe you're not a mighty strong consular like me? :p

I get tired of lightning on all my attacks. They do look powerful, but it gets old after awhile. I like the Consular attacks.

Most of their attacks are fine, just the Throw feels weak. A pebble storm just doesn't cut it for a fully geared Consular.