Companions and operation frames?

Bier

I know companions aren't allowed in operations or PvP zones, but I'd like to use the setting of using Operation frames in parties as that way I have a consistent healing layout. Only problem I am seeing is companions do not show up at all when using operation frames even when you are in a party that has them.

is there some setting I'm missing that allows companion health bars to show when just in a party, or do I need to switch between party ui's depending on if someone has a companion or not?

This is indeed very annoying.

I like using the operation frames in party. A nice little list of all members in one spot. But if a companion has to be used, I see no sign of the companion of another player. My own is at the usual spot down left, though.

I discarded the party frames right away, once I realized my own frame was not in a list with the rest.

This is indeed very annoying. If you are duo leveling like me, you can still use operations frames and just put the other person's pet as a focus target. But it is still quite irritating as you have no options to move the focus frame from it's default location on your screen...

What you end up with is... you and your partner's nameplates on left of screen, your own pet below your nameplate at the bottom, and your partner's focused pet to the right of your actual target frame.

Is this a GOOD solution? No, absolutely not.

Does it allow you to keep operations frames up? Yes... if you only have one other pet to watch.

Edited by indahra

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You'll have to switch. You can't turn companion frame on in the operation frames

this is incorrect. you can have your companion tab open while in an operation frame, just not one from your teammate, though what I do is set the other companion as a focus target and i keep that window just above my own companions.

If youd like Ill screenshot my UI and show you that it does work. makes healing a two person FP run much easier.