Solution to the Slicing dilemma

Arconon

I'm suggesting the following as a "400 skill" slicer - I took slicing on my main to finance my main craft (i.e. buy mission ingredients for my craft from the GTN):

Remove Slicing entirely from the game and let every slicer put half their slicing points into another gathering/mission skill of their choice. Period.

Simple but effective.

Reason:

Slicing might have been a problem so some changes were necessary but the way it's now, it's completely broken. The hot patch is a typical example of reacting to a problem without having the time to come up with a real fix. Why was there a beta again? This is not a new problem!

It might be ok to lose credits while levelling your slicing skill up to 400, all gathering skills do.

BUT what can you do once you hit 400?

Here are my results from tonight - 30+ missions, all RICH yield:

- highest profit from class 5 lockboxes: about 400 credits

- lost credits several times

- NO schematic whatsoever (neither cybertech nor mission)

- still no bountiful or rich yield missions for class 6!

So even if I do get some schematics again, I have to constantly invest credits AND time for the offchance to get a schematic once in a while?

Augments as most have said are more or less useless.

IOW there is no point in keeping Slicing for me. Every other gathering skill is much more useful at 400.

I could wait for them to fix it again... some day.... and keep on playing, gimped with only 2 crew skills. Or swap to another crew skill, which they probably want us to do anyways...... :mon_trap:

Working as intended huh?

tl;dr:

Get rid of slicing altogether and give us some (half of our invested?) points in a crew skill of our choice in compensation.

Fixing Slicing (as in reworking it completely) will take too long and I don't want to sit onto sth. that is of no use!

Thanks

Arc

Edited by Arconon

No, what we do is just ***** about each skill one by one until crafting is pointless and only a couple skills (like JC/Enchant in WoW) are worth a damn to take. With enough QQ it'll work, not like we need to know what we're talking about.

My average profit for Level 5 Rich lockboxes is 425.14, though I did receive a couple of missions for other skills. Still, that's not very good. I've given up Slicing for now to run Salvaging missions, which bring in a lot more profit.

Really, though, they knee-jerked too far. I would not have minded a nerf to the credits Slicing generates, even as deep a nerf as this, if they had improved the other aspects of the skill. As it stands, I will likely drop it in favor of another skill. It doesn't seem exactly fair, though, not after I leveled the skill to 400, for it to be so drastically nerfed. If they don't want it in the game, then they should just take it out, and allow us to choose another skill with at least 300/400. I would take that in a heartbeat.