A level-headed concern about Slicing.

Maitland

Bioware, you have made a decision based on community comments that mathematically and politicly (community-wise) concerns me greatly.

Despite other mission skills producing as much or more profit through the auction house, it has been decided that slicing needed to be nerfed. As of now, the ability to make any profits or receive benefits from the skill is very much in question. The entire benefit of slicing was that rather than receiving materials, you were able to flexibly choose which materials (or other purchased goods) you could get, at the cost of dealing through the AH, and occasionally failing or earning less than you spent.

After the new changes, slicing has gone from a mission skill, to a disprofitable ability in which half the time you win, and the other half you lose. In fact, since the patching, I have lost money from the profession (after slicing all day), and am tempted to replace it, at the cost of all my work leveling it.

Please dont make the same mistake other companies have made in the past, where nerfing is the solution to customer complaints, instead of level-headed considerations and explanations. You have let a single side of an argument decide a deep mechanic change that has simply caused more frustration, and made an entire crew skill signifigantly less valuable. (Or, as has been the case in my own experience, detrimental.)

I beg you to reconsider, and not to give in to one-sided community pressure in the future. Remember what happened with NGE? A lot of people >wanted< that, as much as they deny it. Was it beneficial? I don't need to answer that question.

Edited by Maitland

Despite other mission skills producing as much or more profit through the auction house,

Source?

I am a ~330 Slicer, not trolling here, but if you are going to make statements like that, you need to back it up. I play on Lord Adraas, constantly has a queue; GTN is a wasteland.

Underworld trading metals are sellable for between 1 and 3k per bar with a skill of roughly 200. Add 2-10 bars a mission. I have seen similar numbers for cloth and for high quantities of easy to obtain scavenging goods.

Are they actually selling though? Are they making that money while questing or do they have to invest time into placing things on the GTN, making their prices competitive? etc