Thanks "I made several slicing alts" people.

JCShooter

You ruined a perfectly fine and balanced system for the people who did have self control.

Like I replied in the big slicing thread, my brother (arti/TH/arch) and I (synth/UT/slice) always play mmorpgs coop together and this was the first one ever that fixed the always present money problem due to mount/craft/skill/repair money sinks and allowed us to till level 27 keep up to date with content with keeping proper care of our finances.

This nerf will cause the same boring stagnancy we always run into in every standard wow clone MMO like this, which is having to play the game to earn money to be able to afford being able to play the game and having to almost set up a business plan to afford "extra content" like a mount, ALL because we missed (and by that I mean, totally saw but ignored) the always present ability to bank [insert large amount for game] during the first days/weeks of "fixing things we missed during testing".

Every game has this one repeatable, crafting item to vendor sale, mission, instant respawn harvest node, whatever "trick" (I call it exploits) during the first couple of weeks to give the people that indulge in the apparent imbalance an unfair advantage, and ALWAYS the "fix" is to punish those who don't by matching the game to those who did.

Bioware, why didn't you just like.. only allow 1 character per account to have companions running missions, or maybe you should have just capped it for slicing. But why in earth you nerfed something that was only broken for people exploiting it, I will probably never find out if it takes longer than a couple of days for you to come with a proper statement about it.

Any time something like this 'compels' people to make several alts with the same profession, that profession is clearly in need of adjustment.

I'm not saying 'zomg slicing is overpowered' - but as someone who made the bulk of my money from slicing, it was entirely too easy.

Don't blame the people who used the profession, blame the profession.

Slicing in the world still nets a huge profit. Slicing missions should net a very minor profit while providing rare/epic 'starts a mission' items and crafting patterns. Providing a relatively decent profit and also those rewards was clearly broken for all of 10 seconds of your time every half hour.

Missions are still profitable just from a straight cash standpoint, just not enough to really care. The real profit comes from the patterns and 'starts a mission.' The problem was that with half the playerbase running 6+ companions on slicing missions all day those items became incredibly plentiful - which lowered their value.

----------------------------

It's a compound problem really; the reality is that running missions for other gathering professions gets very expensive - which is FINE. However, what's not fine is that currently you basically have to dump all your money into those missions to have a shot at actually crafting something useful while leveling - otherwise you ride the 'planet' curve where the only nodes you come across are too low to craft what's actually worth wearing.

tl;dr - as a slicer, I agree with the change. I don't agree with blaming other slicers for the loss of your awesome epic-easy money stream though.