Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is It Worth Subscribing To SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is It Worth Subscribing To SWTOR?

Jozandra
03.31.2019 , 03:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by wilkiealbert View Post
no its not you don't get what you pay for at all it is no longer fun to play now like it was befor
Speak for yourself. I get what I pay for, and most certainly am happier with the game as a subscriber.

To the OP, you really have to at least give it one or two months as a subscriber in order to decide for yourself if it will be worth it.

Jozandra
03.31.2019 , 03:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DNGDangerous View Post
This is subjective, since only subscribers can post in these threads, then your answer will be bias.
Very valid point which makes one wonder about the negative reviews that have already been posted in this thread. Why would they still have a subscription if they don't enjoy this game? Are they secretly employed by competitors and paid to talk trash about this game?

Tyrloch
03.31.2019 , 04:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
It's worth pointing out that the subscribers keep the game in business for all the freeloaders. People who spend hours playing should realize they're getting enough value in the game to pony up a few bucks per month.

Want the team to put more into making the game even better? Subscribe.
Don't underestimate the importance of this. If the game becomes unprofitable due to not enough subscribers, or even not profitable enough, the game goes away. Those of us who have lost games we loved due to this know why we pay for our games. I have kept a constant subscription to this game for its entire run, even when I didn't even log in for months at a time, because I want it to still be here when I feel like playing it again, and I like it enough to do my part to keep it alive.

There have only been 3 games that have been able to keep my attention for more than a couple of months at a time; This one, WoW and City of Heroes/Villains.

One of those is no longer around, I try to do my part to keep the other two alive.

DanNV
03.31.2019 , 06:16 PM | #24
Yes and no. If you want to lay the original class stories, the game is worth it. If you have a group of friends that are raiding, sure. If you want an MMO that releases a good deal of content and decent story in new expansions and a good deal of end game content, nope. But the original class stories really are quite good.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

DarkTergon
04.01.2019 , 02:31 AM | #25
I've been a constant sub since near the beginning, didn't quite make founder , but i've never let my sub lapse.
I've always enjoyed the game, although there are times it does get repetitive, but that's the same with most games.
Personally I think it's worth the sub. But that's just my 2 cents worth
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Atrox
04.01.2019 , 03:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
It's worth pointing out that the subscribers keep the game in business for all the freeloaders. People who spend hours playing should realize they're getting enough value in the game to pony up a few bucks per month.

Want the team to put more into making the game even better? Subscribe.
This game would be a ghost town without F2Pers. This is a point that is often disregarded when the point you make is brought up. Sure, subs and whales tend to fund games with a business model like this one. But without the "freeloaders" as you pejoratively refer to them, the game would be effectively dead, anyway. And you'd inevitably just be propping up a corpse with your subs.

It's very thoughtless when subbers don't realize how symbiotic the relationship between them and f2pers is. F2Pers need subbers, and subbers need F2Pers. They don't give people the option of being "freeloaders" for no reason. Subbers alone weren't doing the job, which is why they had to change their business model in the first place and open the door to "freeloaders."

You think this game wouldn't exist without subbers. And that's true. What you fail to realize is this game also wouldn't exist without "freeloaders."
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.

TrixxieTriss
04.01.2019 , 03:49 AM | #27
I just wish Bioware would give F2P and preferred unlimited access to lowbie and mid pvp. Maybe that would reinvigorate it a bit.

fabsus
04.01.2019 , 04:53 AM | #28
personally i won't play as a f2p player. so there are just 2 options for me:
- play with an active subscription
- don't play

but there are many reason, why somebody couldn't have an active subscription running and i dislike the actual system and even with my following ideas to change the system, i wouldn't change my opinion about playing without subscription.

1.) increase the credit cap to 35mill, that they can buy stuff they need
2.) delete artefact restrictions and give them access to the command system
3.) activate the gsf access restriction
4.) bring back f2p passes to the cartel market
5.) integrate an option to gift a f2p player the passes, like a companion gift to you companions
6.) give me the option to gift subscription days to another account

especially as a subscriber, i don't want to have any restrictions what to do with my items. and when we are going to do an operation and somebody is missing, i damn want to have the possibility to take a f2p player with my and i don't want to wait a day, until i can give them the item. i want to have the possibility to do so.

there are several reasons why somebody can't play or won't play with an subscription. and that is okay.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

FlameYOL
04.01.2019 , 08:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Gearing through Ossus dailies is far more hideous than GC ever was.
All right, as someone who was here for KOTET's launch and grinded his way through the hideous process that was Galactic Command I take a huge problem with this statement. Ossus is a grind, don't get me wrong I am not attempting to white-knight Bioware here they really need to fix this and never do it again (RNG crates? The exchange rate is also too much) but don't compare the disaster that CG was at launch to Ossus, because with the grind of Unassembled Components to Masterwork Data Crystals I at least am getting somewhere. With Galactic Command at launch I grinded the first two tiers for a while without being able to complete my Tank set, and I dual role so that's was fun and exciting.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Jozandra
04.01.2019 , 12:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Yes and no. If you want to lay the original class stories, the game is worth it. If you have a group of friends that are raiding, sure. If you want an MMO that releases a good deal of content and decent story in new expansions and a good deal of end game content, nope. But the original class stories really are quite good.
And while some people may not agree, there are quite a few of us who find KotFE and KotET to be quite enjoyable and re-playable.