Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't Nerf Concentrated Fire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Don't Nerf Concentrated Fire

slashbrant
05.29.2020 , 06:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyKat_Karrot View Post
I mean this is wrong, but I much prefer IO so if bioware agrees with you, I won't complain lol. I can imagine why people might be of this opinion though, since the number of people playing IO anywhere close to correctly can probably be counted on one hand.
I'm an IO main but arsenal is a lot more useful in ranked content than IO. For PVE I assume IO is better in some situations but this thread is mainly concerning arsenal. Arsenal doesn't need a nerf. For ranked there is a burst meta so IO gets thrown on the back burner as it has less controlled burst than Arsenal.
I Like Merc

Fellow-Canadian
05.29.2020 , 06:51 PM | #12
I haven't seen any patch notes yet. But from what I gleaned from PTS forum is the 10%crit is gone. From a healing point of view, the loss of crit sucks, but the magic of the set is all in generating stacks quickly for high uptime on supercharge casting immunity. That's intact so I'm kosher with any other changes.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Lhancelot
05.29.2020 , 07:49 PM | #13
Anyone ever mess with any other merc sets? I like my Arsenal Merc tbh will play it even if they eat a nerf. I just wonder if maybe there's something better or at least an additional option that is equally useful as the CF set?
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

KittyKat_Karrot
05.29.2020 , 09:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by slashbrant View Post
I'm an IO main but arsenal is a lot more useful in ranked content than IO. For PVE I assume IO is better in some situations but this thread is mainly concerning arsenal. Arsenal doesn't need a nerf. For ranked there is a burst meta so IO gets thrown on the back burner as it has less controlled burst than Arsenal.
Lemme guess: still using energized charges?

Warrioroffhell
05.30.2020 , 04:40 AM | #15
Oh please,
Don't start with the nerf talks , for the one time merc is overall balanced except for pvp people start whining about it.
All heal specs can compete with each other at this moment.
If they do nerve concentraded fire there isn't a single set that is usable for heals since all others are trash.
Burningyou and alts @ Darth Malgus

bladech
05.31.2020 , 07:50 AM | #16
This cant be serious. Arsenal mercenary is already one of weakest dps specs among all. Its burst became irrelevant compared to operatives and assassins and its sustained damage is low as always. Any further nerfs will kill arsenal completely both in pve and pvp. I already abandoned my merc in ranked just because its damage is weaker compared to all other range classes. Dev's calculations seems to be absolutely inaccurate and wrong...
Supporting my threads or comments? You like pvp? Click on my link to help my get some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/QKZXBf

slashbrant
05.31.2020 , 02:14 PM | #17
Lemme guess: still using energized charges?
what other tactical would u use?
I Like Merc

KittyKat_Karrot
05.31.2020 , 04:42 PM | #18
what other tactical would u use?
Learn to use continuous fire. It's frustrating at first, and requires more skill, but it's the way to go.

slashbrant
05.31.2020 , 11:02 PM | #19
Learn to use continuous fire. It's frustrating at first, and requires more skill, but it's the way to go.
I've tried it and sure it does more damage but you sacrifice your basically 90% uptime on supercharged. I use it in cleave games but it basically makes CC impossible whereas with EC you don't need to spread to still do a lot of damage with. CC meta on DM basically demands that u don't spread on every target and with such a high AOE percentage in your rotation it can lose games. I assume if you use it selectively it could be good but I don't see giving up the extra single target dps viable in CC games.
I Like Merc

KittyKat_Karrot
06.01.2020 , 08:03 AM | #20
I've tried it and sure it does more damage but you sacrifice your basically 90% uptime on supercharged. I use it in cleave games but it basically makes CC impossible whereas with EC you don't need to spread to still do a lot of damage with. CC meta on DM basically demands that u don't spread on every target and with such a high AOE percentage in your rotation it can lose games. I assume if you use it selectively it could be good but I don't see giving up the extra single target dps viable in CC games.
Nah the dps boost from energized is puny. Once you get used to it, you'll take continuous fire over it even for single target. But you do you man- if BW balances IO with the assumption that people are still using energized and let continuous slip under the radar, I won't complain