Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Don't Nerf Concentrated Fire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Don't Nerf Concentrated Fire

slashbrant's Avatar


slashbrant
05.27.2020 , 02:20 PM | #1
I've been playing Merc a lot this and last season and I can see that DPS Merc was pretty over tuned in 5.0. But in 6.0 I would argue Merc is the most balanced DPS right now with a viable Dot and Burst spec. Concentrated Fire gives Mercs the ability to dish out a medium amount of damage which is great. Mercenaries are performing well in PVP and PVE but not to the point where it is overpowered. Merc is also one of the only anti-stealth classes and by removing their decent damage you are in fact buffing the stealth classes even more. If you compare elo from mercenary to other classes, mercenaries are right in the middle of the pack (around 1600 highest). If you look at both Assassin's and Operative's their highest is right around 1800-1900. Mercenaries have the ability to survive and find people from stealth while being able to do damage. By nerfing this set Mercenary will not be seen nearly as much and will allow stealth classes to have even more power over ranked than before. I understand Merc healer is over tuned but taking the DPS down along with it seems quite stupid as Merc DPS is very balanced IMO. If you are looking for something to nerf about Merc healers look at taking away the 30% DR for AOE and Stuns from healers as it allows Merc healers to sit in cleave and be virtually unphased whereas Ops and Sorcs have to kite around outside of cleave.
I Like Merc

Adapterr's Avatar


Adapterr
05.28.2020 , 11:30 AM | #2
I agree, the set bonus should nerf the healing aspect if its really that problematic. Alternatively they should just stop making general sets that are good for every spec in that class.
/‾⊥‾⊥‾⊥● █⋮{|▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
05.28.2020 , 11:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Adapterr View Post
I agree, the set bonus should nerf the healing aspect if its really that problematic. Alternatively they should just stop making general sets that are good for every spec in that class.
Agreed. It makes more sense to go directly to the merc healing spec, and adjust the ability numbers! Is it that hard to do the math and figure out how much they ought to lower something? It just seems like a heavy-handed attempt to fix a problem that has nothing to do with the gear set.

Use some common sense here, BW.

Oh, something to think about Bioware! Instead of nerfing this gear set, why don't you guys put some thought into fixing the merc healer's gear set so that they aren't using the DPS set in the first place? Right now, imo the merc healer's gear set is useless! It's an awful gear set that ought to be improved.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

KingDeathII's Avatar


KingDeathII
05.28.2020 , 01:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Agreed. It makes more sense to go directly to the merc healing spec, and adjust the ability numbers! Is it that hard to do the math and figure out how much they ought to lower something? It just seems like a heavy-handed attempt to fix a problem that has nothing to do with the gear set.

Use some common sense here, BW.

Oh, something to think about Bioware! Instead of nerfing this gear set, why don't you guys put some thought into fixing the merc healer's gear set so that they aren't using the DPS set in the first place? Right now, imo the merc healer's gear set is useless! It's an awful gear set that ought to be improved.
Theres a Merc healer gear set??

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
05.28.2020 , 03:15 PM | #5
if you guys actually played on the pts u would know that the set gets nerfed for the healers and the dps gets the old setbonus passively through their tree

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

SlimPikinz's Avatar


SlimPikinz
05.28.2020 , 03:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if you guys actually played on the pts u would know that the set gets nerfed for the healers and the dps gets the old setbonus passively through their tree
Can you provide link or source?
Resol'nare: Ba'jur, Beskar'gam, Ara'nov, Aliit, Mando'a bal Mand'alor- An vencuyan mhi.

Adapterr's Avatar


Adapterr
05.29.2020 , 06:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if you guys actually played on the pts u would know that the set gets nerfed for the healers and the dps gets the old setbonus passively through their tree
WHAT?? Your saying the set bonus is now just baked into the merc class talent tree???? That would be absolutely insane.
/‾⊥‾⊥‾⊥● █⋮{|▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

slashbrant's Avatar


slashbrant
05.29.2020 , 11:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if you guys actually played on the pts u would know that the set gets nerfed for the healers and the dps gets the old setbonus passively through their tree
I haven't been able to get on the PTS as it gives me an error everytime but I've heard that it's only baked into the IO tree and not the arsenal tree. IO needs a buff for pvp as there is no reason at this point to take it over arsenal but the way to "Buff" it is not by nerfing arsenal lmao. If I'm wrong please let me know
I Like Merc

KittyKat_Karrot's Avatar


KittyKat_Karrot
05.29.2020 , 03:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by slashbrant View Post
IO needs a buff for pvp as there is no reason at this point to take it over arsenal
I mean this is wrong, but I much prefer IO so if bioware agrees with you, I won't complain lol. I can imagine why people might be of this opinion though, since the number of people playing IO anywhere close to correctly can probably be counted on one hand.

TitusOfTides's Avatar


TitusOfTides
05.29.2020 , 03:39 PM | #10
IO is arguably better than Arsenal, so not useless by any means.
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?