Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

This was suggested a while back, but I really like the idea of Legacy wide datacrons.

It could work 1 of 2 ways:

A) Cartel Shop sells the ability to make datacrons legacy wide (500 CC, 1000 CC whatever)

B) Legacy Perk

Example: If you were a level 16 Republic and had gotten all the Ord Mantel, Tython and Coruscant datacrons on other characters, you would gain access to the datacron codex entries and stat benefit as soon as you reached the max level of the planet. So hitting 50 would give you all the Illum ones, 49 all the Corellia ones and so on and so forth.

Obviously faction specific datacrons would have to be taken into consideration as otherwise someone could have more than the correct amount of datacrons.

I really think this would be a huge benefit as I have gotten 60 datacrons on my main and am working on getting the remaining 7, and really really really really don't want to do this for a 2nd character, and third character and so on.

Please take this into consideration,

yours truly,

AshlaBoga

P.S: My fellow forum goers, please keep this bumped so BW can see how interested we are in this feature.

Edited by AshlaBoga

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely and totally agree. I would pay cold hard cash for this! I presume the system would look across all chars and just count unique instances of datacrons? I.e. if my BH had 20 of them and my Sniper had 15 different ones all my chars would get access to 35 datacrons

totally agree, there's no reason to bring a 2nd character through the ordeal of going through all the datacons if you have your first already have them.

Especially ones like the Belsavis Green Matrix Shard. BW, go do that on 12 characters and tell me it was "fun."

After how long it took me to get the cron on the fleet, I'll never hunt for them again. I have every single one on my main, and I think they should apply to all my toons. Please?

It'd be kinda cool to give us the ability to link our codices as well. Certain unlocks are hard to find or out of the way, others are class specific, and it'd be interesting to have them all in one spot for those who want to. (Definitely make it a toggle though.)

After how long it took me to get the cron on the fleet, I'll never hunt for them again. I have every single one on my main, and I think they should apply to all my toons. Please?

It'd be kinda cool to give us the ability to link our codices as well. Certain unlocks are hard to find or out of the way, others are class specific, and it'd be interesting to have them all in one spot for those who want to. (Definitely make it a toggle though.)

Only issue with "all my toons" is that some are faction specific. Those should be applied only to same faction alts.

Kudos to getting 67/67 on your main. I'm still only at 61/67 (I suck at platforming).

I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.

I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.

Lazy? I'm sorry, but that's a stupid argument to apply to a game.

People who don't want to take the shuttle to the orbital station and then to the planet are lazy.

People who use speeders, or even sprint, are lazy.

People who use group finder are lazy.

People who use quick travel are lazy - and don't even get me started on the emergency fleet pass!

People who use any of the legacy perks are lazy.

People who mail credits to an alt are lazy.

I'm not saying it should be removed from the game. I will say that this game is too grind-y as it is, and doesn't need more grind.

I have to admit, this would be a great boon, because after doing holo-hunting with just one character, and I can absolutely say, that I would HATE to do that over and over again, and would happily pay (even cartell) to have them unlocked once one character had them found.

Hiya Dev's / BW staff.

Looks like someone made a 2nd thread so I'm consolidating the 2 and pointing out that quite a few people are expressing interest in this: Legacy Datacrons? Yes please!

Looks like somebody beat me to trying to consolidate interest from my own thread into this one, but thanks :D Hopefully the topic will continue to get player attention and support to the point that Bioware sees it as a positive, if not profitable, option to offer. ;)

Looks like somebody beat me to trying to consolidate interest from my own thread into this one, but thanks :D Hopefully the topic will continue to get player attention and support to the point that Bioware sees it as a positive, if not profitable, option to offer. ;)

Agreed.

The majority of the datacrons are not-factions specific. Get them all on your main and you've gotten more than 50/67 (technically 66 since 1 entry = Assembly).

It would be so nice to only have to get another 20 on my Pub rather than all 66.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Like I said in similar thread:

As long as they create optional Legacy Wide unlocks I'm fine with it. I'm a completionist, I love doing various stuff on my alts.

So if they force me to share everything legacy wide, I'm out of here. One of the main reasons I quit WoW is due to account-wide everything (and of course extreme over-simplification).

So if it's optional legacy unlock or cartel market item, fine with me, just allow me to opt out of it.

Edited by MrToxin

Like I said in similar thread:

As long as they create optional Legacy Wide unlocks I'm fine with it. I'm a completionist, I love doing various stuff on my alts.

So if they force me to share everything legacy wide, I'm out of here. One of the main reasons I quit WoW is due to account-wide everything (and of course extreme over-simplification).

So if it's optional legacy unlock or cartel market item, fine with me, just allow me to opt out of it.

Well if they add it to the Cartel Shop or make it a Legacy Perk then it would be unlockable for credits/CCs so you'd be good.