Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible future removal of companions? *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Possible future removal of companions? *SPOILERS*

OldVengeance
04.18.2019 , 10:25 PM | #11
To any Republic Outlanders he just says that he respects your strength and that you may still command him, but that may not always be so.

He's very direct, that's kind of it almost word for word.

OBBSWG
04.19.2019 , 12:18 AM | #12
Ah, thanks! I've only played through KotXX on Imp characters (just started it on my JC a couple days ago) so far, so if he only messages Pubs I guess that explains why I don't remember it.

starwarsfansix
04.19.2019 , 10:10 AM | #13
The messages come after the Ossus storyline, mate. In it you decide to support either the Republic or the Empire.

Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I was actually very much wondering about this. Were those emails we got from the companions after Jedi Under Siege hints for future developments with them, or just a handwavey explanation for why they are still summonable?
I'd like to believe Bioware are planning on doing something with them, and not just pretending they never existed. But I'm not holding my breath tbh. I agree with the rest of your post wholeheartedly, except with the part about Koth and Arcann being ok with everything.

It might be just me, but I don't think Koth cares about Zakuul only, not after the events of KotFE and KotET anyway. So if he sees you turning into the same dictator as Arcann was, slaughtering civilians left and right, I'm certain he'll try something to stop you. But he should be ok with joining the Empire without all of that killy business.
As for Arcann (and Senya to some extent), well, same logic really. Having walked that path before, I'm certain he would at least try to stop you from going down it as well, if not actively sabotage the Alliance.

There's room for a lot of development of their characters. Now, if Bioware would spend the resources into advancing them, that's another thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zeerastul View Post
I sided with the republic so I know Nadia won't betray or leave me especially since I restarted romance with Nadia, and Lana no worries she won't leave and never got a email notification from her about leaving/betraying player character
Well, I'm being hypothetical here. But I still think there's a chance for Lana to turn against you, even if it's a slim one. She doesn't strike me as the type of the Sith that can ignore someone ordering the senseless deaths of innocents for too long. So if you go down that path, I think there's a chance she'll turn against you as well.

FlameYOL
04.19.2019 , 10:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by starwarsfansix View Post
Well, I'm being hypothetical here. But I still think there's a chance for Lana to turn against you, even if it's a slim one. She doesn't strike me as the type of the Sith that can ignore someone ordering the senseless deaths of innocents for too long. So if you go down that path, I think there's a chance she'll turn against you as well.
While she's not mustache-twirling-evil she's fine with the death of innocents provided it serves a purpose, reminder she approves of you using Firebrand's fear tactics in KOTFE.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Ciarayn
04.21.2019 , 12:06 PM | #15
Vector and Quinn are the only potential betrayers I see, although I admit I don't know what the post-Kotfe story of Vector is. He may be more loyal to the Killiks now for all I know.
Post-Kotfe Vector says that the Empire used the Killiks as cannon fodder during the war, and large numbers were slaughtered. He says they are ending their agreement with the Empire to work for the Alliance and the commander. So, I don't think he will mind if the commander sides with the Republic. His loyalty is to the commander, and he was always more light-side anyways.

OldVengeance
04.25.2019 , 12:22 AM | #16
The messages come after the Ossus storyline, mate. In it you decide to support either the Republic or the Empire.

I'd like to believe Bioware are planning on doing something with them, and not just pretending they never existed. But I'm not holding my breath tbh. I agree with the rest of your post wholeheartedly, except with the part about Koth and Arcann being ok with everything.

It might be just me, but I don't think Koth cares about Zakuul only, not after the events of KotFE and KotET anyway. So if he sees you turning into the same dictator as Arcann was, slaughtering civilians left and right, I'm certain he'll try something to stop you. But he should be ok with joining the Empire without all of that killy business.
As for Arcann (and Senya to some extent), well, same logic really. Having walked that path before, I'm certain he would at least try to stop you from going down it as well, if not actively sabotage the Alliance.

There's room for a lot of development of their characters. Now, if Bioware would spend the resources into advancing them, that's another thing.

Well you're not wrong about Koth, Arcann and Senya probably having a problem with mass slaughter of civilians, but what I said was that they wouldn't leave you as a consequence of choosing the Republic or Empire. The Empire may be far more included to target civilians, but that's still not quite the same as the Alliance Commander specifically choosing to kill many of them.

Also, speaking just from a mechanics point of view, if they already happen to have the Republic or Imperial patriot characters abandon you for something you did in the expansion, AND also have the same thing apply to the Zakuul characters at the same time, I dunno, that just feels like a lot. I think I'd be a little surprised if the writers include that level of restriction or consequences on a character's choices in the coming expansion.

casirabit
04.25.2019 , 08:08 PM | #17

I'd much prefer if someone was taken out of my rooster with active companions due to the choices I've made instead of being completely forgotten by the story. There's always the option to make such companions available from the Odessen terminal for those that don't want to lose the credits spent on companion gifts, or who just like that particular companion for whatever reason.
That I will agree with but that isn't the way BW has done it so far. They have allowed some companions to be killed (and they were mostly romance companions) and then the ones that didn't take that option still has no interactions with them. BW doesn't have a very good history of knowing how to work companions correctly.

How you do your story is fine but this constantly removing or benching those companions to those of us who didn't do that has what has gotten people not to trust BW with companions anymore.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

dewayne
04.26.2019 , 02:18 AM | #18
i always thought a few loyalist would leave your side. but like lana, vette i doubt they will go against word. temple she has no place to go sides the chis.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

JuventusAndFCK
04.26.2019 , 09:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ciarayn View Post
Post-Kotfe Vector says that the Empire used the Killiks as cannon fodder during the war, and large numbers were slaughtered. He says they are ending their agreement with the Empire to work for the Alliance and the commander. So, I don't think he will mind if the commander sides with the Republic. His loyalty is to the commander, and he was always more light-side anyways.
In all honesty I doubt the companions that we get back through pre-JUS restricted alerts will leave again (Ahara, Vector, Andro, Mako etc.) and also the companions that play a role in the Eternal Empire storyline like Kaliyo and Vette.

My guess is that companions like Pierce and the Propaganda droid that are obviously loyal to their starting factions will leave. Maybe the companions that are utilized in JUS will have a break-off point too, depending on your actions.

Can the consular for example even recruit Nadia if they are siding with the imps? Supposedly the new allignment is covert.

OldVengeance
04.27.2019 , 12:51 AM | #20
It is covert, so it doesn't affect Nadia's recruitment alert. I personally feel like there should be some strong negative consequences for her relationship with the Consular if they are a traitor to the Republic, though.