Much faster speeders.

BurnedRemains

If I were designing mounts, I would have those custom crafted speeders orange and moddable, so the potential to make your speeder >110% could be achieved similar to how augments work. Like upgrading your ship but instead for speeders. You could also reverse engineer certain speeders for a chance to get the schematic to create an orange version of that speeder for a sizeable amount of materials.

Yeah this would be a nice idea, that and/or some way to custom colour your speeders.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy after playing lotro for so long with top speed horse, even the 90% speed (what I have now) is a dream. I don't see an issue here lol

I think with LOTRO it's the quality of the landscapes (and that you are on a horse) that help mitigate that.

LVL1: 13Mph x 180% = 23.4.........(or + 90%for 40k"7)

LVL2: 13Mph x 200% = 26Mph......(or + 100% for 210k"7)

LVL3: 13Mph x 220% = 28.6Mph...(or + 110% probably way too much)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=391142

The math has been done. The most expensive super advanced ultra high tech flying hover bike is about as fast as Usain Bolt, a human, can run. My car tops out at about 6 times faster. It is absurdly and annoyingly slow.

Oh wow... you beat me to it but yeah. 110% faster than I can run doesn't seem fast for a vehicle of any kind LOL. Am I the only one here old enough to drive an actual vehicle??? Cause mine goes a bit faster than that. Has nobody seen ROTJ? The speeders on Endor seemed WAY faster than 110% faster than running speed.

C'mon guys. This is STAR WARS. There are certain expectations you know.

Two words: Render Time

If you go too fast you wouldn't see enemies until you were in their attack field. When you are on Taxi's you don't have to worry about being attacked. I'm with you guys; I'd like faster speeders, but I suspect this is the reason they are the speeds they are.

Edited by MrGrizzly

Oh wow... you beat me to it but yeah. 110% faster than I can run doesn't seem fast for a vehicle of any kind LOL. Am I the only one here old enough to drive an actual vehicle??? Cause mine goes a bit faster than that. Has nobody seen ROTJ? The speeders on Endor seemed WAY faster than 110% faster than running speed.

C'mon guys. This is STAR WARS. There are certain expectations you know.

Yeah just a bit faster. :)

They were capable of reaching speeds up to and beyond five hundred kilometers per hour, and had a flight ceiling of twenty-five meters.

Well if you looked under the seat you would know why. Right above the VIN number on the manufacturer plate it says...YUGO

Mine says FIAT, I can't decide which is worse. But seriously, let's get some big open worlds to explore without a ton of narrow canyons and mob spawns so thick you don't dare leave the path... then I'll be all about fast fast speeders.

To nitpick, none of the mounts in SWTOR are on the ground, they all fly, they just fly 0.5 m of the ground. :)

Actually, if you notice, you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above. So, the speeders are on the ground, but like Luke's speeder in the film, the wheels that actually touch the ground have just been fudged out.

I wonder if they used Vasoline, like Lucas did back then? :p

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Actually, if you notice, you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above. So, the speeders are on the ground, but like Luke's speeder in the film, the wheels that actually touch the ground have just been fudged out.

I wonder if they used Vasoline, like Lucas did back then? :p

You mean Luke's Speeder wasn't really using repulsorlift technology in the films! :eek::(

Edited by Goretzu

Is this a possibility? Current "speeders" are more like "slowers."

Don't worry about all these, "Fine as is folks", man. You have a lot more people who agree with you than you think. If you want a majority of the opinions concerning speeders and how slow they are, all one needs to do is ask around in game. You will find very few people feel they are "fine as is" and the only people who think they are "fine as is" are the Epeen attitudes who tend to post these boards.'

Have to remember, Forums of an online MMO tend to attract people who have Epeen personalities. Most people who do not have this type personality tend to shy away from the boards because of the flack they run in to when they actually do post.

Just calling it like I see it.

In before the "But you are posting too, Wraiven." :rolleyes:

If you go too fast you wouldn't see enemies until you were in their attack field. When you are on Taxi's you don't have to worry about being attacked. I'm with you guys; I'd like faster speeders, but I suspect this is the reason they are the speeds they are.

That could easily be fixed if they were to render much sooner than 30 meters away. Just sayin.

Usain Bolt can only run that speed for short bursts. Try running at that speed for several miles.

Your car tops out at higher speeds but you also have to be more careful on how you navigate. One wrong turn and your dead. They could change that as well. Careful what you wish for :D

Yeah Imagine they make the speeders faster but now decay and break down and need maintainence.

Don't worry about all these, "Fine as is folks", man. You have a lot more people who agree with you than you think. If you want a majority of the opinions concerning speeders and how slow they are, all one needs to do is ask around in game. You will find very few people feel they are "fine as is" and the only people who think they are "fine as is" are the Epeen attitudes who tend to post these boards.'

Have to remember, Forums of an online MMO tend to attract people who have Epeen personalities. Most people who do not have this type personality tend to shy away from the boards because of the flack they run in to when they actually do post.

Just calling it like I see it.

In before the "But you are posting too, Wraiven." :rolleyes:

But you are posting here too!!!!!! :p

But seriously... I was super disappointed when I realized that a.) Speeders only went 110% and b.) You didn't get your first speeder until 25. I remember the massive religious debates we had in beta about how, "level 25 was fine" and, "shut up and quit QQ'ing they are never going to change that, etc. etc. etc.".

Well looky looky. Guess who is driving around in a 110% speeder with a level 10 character? Reminds me of 10 minute shuttle times in SWG (yeah I'm going there) or respec costs or mod removal costs or no sprinting until level 15 or 16 or or or or or or....

Look. This is a GAME. It's not work. You are not really "achieving" anything by spending countless hours of your time mindlessly grinding out some imaginary currency or tokens or what have you. Nobody... and please really really really take this to heart.... NOBODY cares if you're a level 90 troll or fairy or whatever. It's entertainment. Period.

Make the speeders faster. Remove the mod extraction costs. Lower the level for all speeders to 10. Etc. etc. etc. Or at least FFS put it all in the Cartel Shop so those of us who spend all day grinding out real life currency can enjoy the couple hours or so per week we actually get to play. Thanks in advance.

Look. This is a GAME. It's not work. You are not really "achieving" anything by spending countless hours of your time mindlessly grinding out some imaginary currency or tokens or what have you. Nobody... and please really really really take this to heart.... NOBODY cares if you're a level 90 troll or fairy or whatever. It's entertainment. Period.

Make the speeders faster. Remove the mod extraction costs. Lower the level for all speeders to 10. Etc. etc. etc. Or at least FFS put it all in the Cartel Shop so those of us who spend all day grinding out real life currency can enjoy the couple hours or so per week we actually get to play. Thanks in advance.

Uh... MMO's are not for people who have a "..couple of hours or so per week". Changing MMO's to cater to people who have no business playing MMO's has almost ruined the entire industry. But why stop there? Lets...

Make Real Time Strategy games turn-based!

Make First Person Shooters non-first person, non-shooters!

Remove puzzles from puzzle games!

Get rid of sports from sports games!

The possibilities are endless. We could totally destroy every gaming genre by removing those pesky things that define the genres.

The game can barely draw the game's highly detailed worlds fast enough for the speeders we have now. There's no way they can make them much faster without you riding off into the matrix whenever you speed off on one.

Sorry, it's just not possible with this kind of game. Racing games cheat by not drawing out the entire world, leaving graphic holes in places where you cannot go, etc.. There is no way to use those kind of design cheats in a MMO built to this degree of detail.

The taxi speeders are PLENTY faster than the 110% speeders and the game can draw fast enough to keep up with it.

you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above.

Along those lines it might be good to have a 2 speed system. Places like the Fleet, city worlds and inside towns the current speeds might be ok.

But places like Hoth, Tatooine, Belsavis etc. in the wide open bits speeders could go 3x the speed without any real trouble.

you cant have more than 110% at tade, because your cloths falling through the engines and they bug the engines... :D

especially cars... they look HUUUUGE monsterous.. and if you look underneath, you see the cloths of the character hanging.. HAHAHAHAHAHA really bad disign.

Edited by Oyranos

Going at that rate, you'd outrun the mob before getting attacked. :cool:

When I think speeder, I think of Luke and Leia zipping thru the trees on Endor at breathtaking speeds. What we got is a joke. Slowers indeed, heh.

Repulsorlift and jet-engines and they can't outrun a horse, it's puzzling indeed. :)