Lightning Sorc Nerf

stalkerofthesith

Probably should have put in the patch notes that Force Lightning, Thundering Blast and Chain Lightning all got nerfed bad. Force Lightning does about 12-14% less damage in PvP. Pre 5.5 with a 238 rating bolster in warzones Force Lightning would do about 15.1k damage. Now, after 5.5 in warzones with an even higher 242 rating bolster, Force Lightning only does about 13.1k damage. I don't know the exact numbers for Thundering Blast and Chain Lightning but I know they're under performing too. I'd like to say that Thundering Blast is now anywhere from 5-10% less damage then it was Pre 5.5. And Chain Lightning feels a lot less effective. I have no problem with the devs nerfing a class like this if it's over performing and OP, but the problem is Lightning Sorcerer was already under performing and it still got a nerf. Another thing, this would be a suggestion, increase critical hit for all lightning moves.

I wish they make bubble to be able to reflect dmg and we will be fine. I hope they buff sorcs utilities in 5.6.

that be useful in PvE but not in PvP though. Best just make the Force Barrier bubble an instant ability and not a channel then you have 10 sec of dealing pewpew without worrying about incomming damage. It would be useful in PvP and PvE. That would be an appropriate buff.

That and make suppression utility a standard part of cloud mind. And maybe replace suppression utility with a utility where activating force speed makes your next demolish or mind crush instant. And the utility to upgrade instant whirlwind should make it that whirlwind does not break from your dot effects.

Those would be my change, besides giving a +200 dps boost to madness.