Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Gelious
07.18.2017 , 01:38 PM | #9121
Quote: Originally Posted by nootsie View Post
. When you got a Rank 300 Healer who is in full Tier 4 gear (246/248) doing a lousy tactical Vet mode FP, you don't need to use the kolto stations. For the life of me, I still don't understand why people panic when they got a geared healer who does HM/NiM progression.
You really should get over yourself. Times where gear on the player reflected his skill has long been gone.
You say you are in 246/248 gear? So am I, almost full 248 gear, and yet I never been in any progression group, NIM ops, and never set foot into half of HM. Random people in GF have no way to know how good you are and I seriously doubt many of them are checking your gear and achievements.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

nyrkverse
07.18.2017 , 02:09 PM | #9122
the fact that they are not dying and are quickly topped off should be a hint the healer is at least as good as a high level companion though, no?
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

JediAkemi
07.18.2017 , 05:24 PM | #9123
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
the fact that they are not dying and are quickly topped off should be a hint the healer is at least as good as a high level companion though, no?
It should. but some people just don't take the hint. More than once, when I've been on one of my healers and my team have just spammed the kolto stations and ignored all the healing they're getting from me, I have shouted in chat "Why do I bother to show up?"

Of course that's usually when they've been extra frustrating before boss fights too.

Zerileth
07.18.2017 , 06:54 PM | #9124
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
It should. but some people just don't take the hint. More than once, when I've been on one of my healers and my team have just spammed the kolto stations and ignored all the healing they're getting from me, I have shouted in chat "Why do I bother to show up?"

Of course that's usually when they've been extra frustrating before boss fights too.
I've said this before but I think it's the OP healer comps. People wanted them and fought for them but unfortunately many players, especially new players, got used to having that 99-100% health when in fights while story leveling. When they join a tactical group w/ no healer they freak when their health drops below 95% and since they're not used to seeing that, they run to the kolto tank and neglect their dps to get that 5% health back. God forbid they take a big hit like 30% Then add them to a group w/ a healer and it's like a science experiment rat. Health drops; run to k tank. Ring the bell, rat food drops in.

As a healer I've tried like crazy during some tactical fights for the fun of it to see if I can keep everyone's health above 95%. Not so easy, but once in awhile it's doable. There's always one that just can't leave the k tanks alone. I'm pretty much used to it now and usually only do tacticals if I need them for Conquest.
. <--------just this little red dot

Jevaruss
07.19.2017 , 02:19 AM | #9125
And then other times you're tanking a boss without a healer and getting low on health and the dps are just happily attacking and making no movement towards the koltos at all so you get the koltos yourself.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.

KendraP
07.19.2017 , 04:19 AM | #9126
Quote: Originally Posted by Jevaruss View Post
And then other times you're tanking a boss without a healer and getting low on health and the dps are just happily attacking and making no movement towards the koltos at all so you get the koltos yourself.
Yup I have tank healed FP many times lol. Once I even got yelled at for moving the boss too much! Like ok click the blasted kolto and I won't have to, so the boss won't move. Such a basic concept you'd think. That's when I got told it wasn't their job to click kolto if they weren't dying. Ok then don't gripe about the boss moving when I go to save myself.

JediAkemi
07.19.2017 , 05:31 AM | #9127
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Yup I have tank healed FP many times lol. Once I even got yelled at for moving the boss too much! Like ok click the blasted kolto and I won't have to, so the boss won't move. Such a basic concept you'd think. That's when I got told it wasn't their job to click kolto if they weren't dying. Ok then don't gripe about the boss moving when I go to save myself.
Wow. Talk about selfish.
If there's no healer I try to get a ranged DPS to park themselves on one of the kolto stations to click it if we're in trouble. Doesn't always work, but I try.

matthobbit
07.19.2017 , 01:53 PM | #9128
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post

You know the solution to this "problem" you have is to immediately run to each of the kolto stations and activate them right? Just keep doing it all fight!

JediAkemi
07.19.2017 , 02:21 PM | #9129
Quote: Originally Posted by matthobbit View Post
You know the solution to this "problem" you have is to immediately run to each of the kolto stations and activate them right? Just keep doing it all fight!
But that doesn't let me practice healing for HFPs or Ops does it?

Aeneas_Falco
07.20.2017 , 11:17 AM | #9130
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
You really should get over yourself. Times where gear on the player reflected his skill has long been gone.
You say you are in 246/248 gear? So am I, almost full 248 gear, and yet I never been in any progression group, NIM ops, and never set foot into half of HM. Random people in GF have no way to know how good you are and I seriously doubt many of them are checking your gear and achievements.
Even so I think he's right about people either immediately panicking when they lose a measly 10-25% of their health, or just habituated to immediately running for kolto stations because of prior all-DPS runs. Although I wouldn't say it happens often there are times when queued as a healer for a veteran flashpoint that you start to feel like a useless appendage, because one player keeps insisting on spamming the kolto anytime a boss throws out a little bit of damage. It not infrequently causes the healer to waste an ability, because the person spams the kolto at the same time you dish out a heal. Meanwhile I've never had anyone die on veteran flashpoints I healed where players didn't panic-tap the kolto stations.

If a player is going to be spamming the kolto stations Id rather they said so before the boss fight starts. If I don't need to heal, I should add to DPS to burn down the boss then instead of throwing away healing abilities.