Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.18.2013 , 09:43 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
That would be purposely skewing the information to inflate numbers.

People who never added a payment, and never paid a penny over the original cost of the Box, should NOT be considered subs. Why? How many of those were gifts that never even logged in? How many never even installed the game?
Agreed. You cannot count box sales = subs in MMOs. I have a friend that still has an unopened box for SWTOR on the shelf and has never played the game yet.

Now, EA being a huge seller of boxed/digital-boxed games loves selling boxes. And they will always be proud of box sales and will hype them in their investor communications. But box sales =/= subscriptions in a modern MMO.

And honestly.... a lot of the early players of this game at launch were more likely playing what they considered to be SWTOR3...... to be played, consumed, and set aside for the next boxed game. Simply put, player data numbers for this particular MMO have limited meaning. What counts is does a player enjoy the game and are there enough other players on their server who also enjoy playing the game such that they have an active and thriving server community to play in... seeing as it IS an MMO.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.18.2013 , 09:44 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Sadly, History is not on your side. And I quote.

James Ohlen brags, “It is basically the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that, I think, any online game has ever released at one time. It is a whole planet. I never heard of that being released, um, except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about giving our fans what they have been asking for.”

I agree MMO are games not real life. I am just asking if I am gonna be charged more real money.
You're quoting something that stopped having weight long before the release of Makeb. It is a mini expansion whether you like it or not. It's a fact. It is a completely separate issue from your initial question, which also has no weight since it's simply an attack.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Covaltage's Avatar


Covaltage
06.18.2013 , 09:47 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
The usual people that have overblown the discussion about the usual stuff that has degenerated into the usual pub brawl.

I swear some folks keep subbing just so they can argue in the forums.

Go play the game!
Can't bro, our work computers won't run SWTOR :P

Skaol-dirtyd's Avatar


Skaol-dirtyd
06.18.2013 , 09:47 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Jesus, TUXs, who pissed in your cheerios?

Are you stupid enough to think that people don't give gifts? You've NEVER received a gift you never used?
To count all box purchases as Subs is purposely viewing the information in one way to strenghen your argument.
Except this is a quote regarding the 1st qrtly earnings report and EA's stance on what you are trying to argue against

"A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. "
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
06.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wow lol! Kilora, just stop. This is the most foolish reply to this topic I've ever seen.

Now it's not good enough to have been a "subscriber", now you are insisting that they should be recurring subscribers?! Why? So you can pretend that this game is better than it is?! Seriously...deal in reality, not your pretend whatever it is. These are REAL numbers...you're asking for something beyond reasonable.

Pfft lol. I've given you the proof. Believe whatever the hell you want lol.
No, you are choosing to spew BS and attack me because you are too blind to see the truth.

Anyone who never purchased a sub beyond the initial 30 days could fit into MANY categories.

1.) Never played game.
2.) Left because it wasn't what they thought it would be (KOTOR3)
3.) Left because the game was bad.

YOU, and the people YOU are defending, use it to mean they ALL fit into #3. Which is complete BS. If you'd like to continue lying and being a dick, fine.

I'm asking for reason. You're inflating numbers to prove this game is horrid. You are getting more jaded by the day, and it's time for the two of us to just stop interacting completely.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
06.18.2013 , 09:49 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Sadly, History is not on your side. And I quote.

James Ohlen brags, “It is basically the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that, I think, any online game has ever released at one time. It is a whole planet. I never heard of that being released, um, except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about giving our fans what they have been asking for.”

I agree MMO are games not real life. I am just asking if I am gonna be charged more real money.
Not fullfilling that promise doesn't make them worse than any MMO out there it just brings them on par with them. Had they managed to release Makeb for free it would have been what he said...but honestly... that wasn't going to happen. They release an expanion pack with a quarter of the content and sold it at a quarter of the price... no issue here.

This thread is turning into a dung throwing contest...

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
06.18.2013 , 09:49 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
You're quoting something that stopped having weight long before the release of Makeb. It is a mini expansion whether you like it or not. It's a fact. It is a completely separate issue from your initial question, which also has no weight since it's simply an attack.
I am sorry in your world...Words have no meaning. I'm a simple ole fashion kinda guy, words have meaning and a man's word is his bond. An it is the issue, at one point Makeb was a content patch, then it was not. Flashpoint are free...until they are not. Sad if you think asking for clarification is an attack.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.18.2013 , 09:50 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Sadly, History is not on your side. And I quote.

James Ohlen brags, “It is basically the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that, I think, any online game has ever released at one time. It is a whole planet. I never heard of that being released, um, except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about giving our fans what they have been asking for.”

I agree MMO are games not real life. I am just asking if I am gonna be charged more real money.
Interestingly.... MMOs change their business and marketing positions all the time, as the market changes. Example: Trion swore up and down the internet (and arrogantly so IMO) that Rift would never be F2P.... yet this month Rift is now F2P (freemium actually).

As I said in my post you responded to.....Game content very often changes from marketing pitch to live release in MMOs. ESPECIALLY when there is a significant change to the business aspects of operating an MMO profitably. Honestly, if you cannot cope with this reality, you will never be happy with any MMO.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Covaltage's Avatar


Covaltage
06.18.2013 , 09:50 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Skaol-dirtyd View Post
Except this is a quote regarding the 1st qrtly earnings report and EA's stance on what you are trying to argue against

"A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. "
This kind of bothers me, I bought this game 3 weeks before the deadline for "founder" titles, but since my credit card wasn't charged for a "subscription" until a week after the deadline, I never got my founder title. So they really were counting me as a subscriber during that time period huh?

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
06.18.2013 , 09:51 AM | #130
Right I stopped reading at page 9 , seems to be going around and around in circles ( the thread ).

My view is yes they will cost you money , but some of you have already paid for it ( them ) when you bought RotHC , my reason for thinking this way ? Well if the FP's are level 55 then you have to buy the expansion to play them.

Yes the new FP's will cost you the price of $9.99 as a sub or $19.99 as a preferred or F2P player , but you get Makeb in that cost and the ability to reach level 55.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12