Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR underperforming; EA earnings revised DOWN; Bioware should listen to players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR underperforming; EA earnings revised DOWN; Bioware should listen to players

indelible
01.19.2012 , 09:42 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Seraphical View Post
There's hope yet for you. Now get back to discussing your 7 points. I want their stock to go back up because I directly profit from that and they can't do so unless you renew.
You enjoy that 0.3 cent gain they'll make in February, but I'd recommend selling before March as the stocks are likely to drop further.
War Hero Lythria Azrael - Sith Sorcerer
Bloodworthy EU (2011-2012 <Take Two>)
Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU (2014 <Death Watch>, 2015)

Rynra
01.19.2012 , 09:42 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by indelible View Post
Well no it isn't. If it is an elephant in the room, it's one of those pygmy elephants. And it's underweight.

I'm not claiming that EA as a company aren't doing well. EA has major releases throughout 2013 that are certain to increase its margins. 2013 is the culmination of a major shift in focus for EA as a company. The majority of that 25% rise can be attributed to EAs aggressive movement into the casual and social gaming market, as well as their focus on fewer but bigger titles.

However the thing that the fanboys seem to be missing is that the stock drop and earnings revision has been directly attributed to the failure of SWTOR to perform as expected, and the prediction that subscription numbers are not going to be as healthy as first thought. THAT'S why it's important.

EAs overall performance is, of course, going to be something different. They are however a multibillion dollar company with far more money invested in other markets and games than was invest in SWTOR. Bioware were the drummer, certainly, but they weren't the whole band.
You talking about subscription numbers. Last time i checked im not going to get billed until tomorrow. Which arse are they pulling random sub numbers out of? These are just speculations, and if you didn't learn it already in the real world, they can be very dangerous. Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecies?

Korusus
01.19.2012 , 09:42 PM | #153

However the thing that the fanboys seem to be missing is that the stock drop and earnings revision has been directly attributed to the failure of SWTOR to perform as expected, and the prediction that subscription numbers are not going to be as healthy as first thought. THAT'S why it's important.

Directly attributed...by one third party analyst with no access to any financial reports whatsoever. Funnily enough if you would wait two weeks EA gives an earnings report on February 1st. Until then everything is pure speculation.

SamuraBob_Fl
01.19.2012 , 09:44 PM | #154
Well no it isn't. If it is an elephant in the room, it's one of those pygmy elephants. And it's underweight.

I'm not claiming that EA as a company aren't doing well. EA has major releases throughout 2013 that are certain to increase its margins. 2013 is the culmination of a major shift in focus for EA as a company. The majority of that 25% rise can be attributed to EAs aggressive movement into the casual and social gaming market, as well as their focus on fewer but bigger titles.

EAs overall performance is, of course, going to be something different. They are however a multibillion dollar company with far more money invested in other markets and games than was invest in SWTOR. Bioware were the drummer, certainly, but they weren't the whole band.
It's been attributed to one guy's prediction based admittedly on "casual observations." I have yet to see anything close to an even slightly compelling argument about why that kind of slim evidence should be given weight.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

indelible
01.19.2012 , 09:44 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And theeeerrrre it is. The every popular threat. "Me and my friends are going to take our toys and leave."
I said it because it is true. It is not a threat. It is ACTUALLY what's been discussed. As previously mentioned in this thread I am a big fan of Bioware and think there is a lot of talent at their studio. I WANT to love SWTOR and I'm willing to give it more room to breathe than any other MMO I have played outside of WoW and Eve.

I think that's a fair deal. Stating my intent in this instance was nothing more than a statement of fact, and reflects how a lot of people feel about the game.

indelible
01.19.2012 , 09:45 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
It's been attributed to one guy's prediction based admittedly on "casual observations." I have yet to see anything close to an even slightly compelling argument about why that kind of slim evidence should be given weight.
You obviously have no idea who Kaufman Brothers are.

Go to Google. It tells you many things.

SamuraBob_Fl
01.19.2012 , 09:45 PM | #157
I said it because it is true. It is not a threat. It is ACTUALLY what's been discussed. As previously mentioned in this thread I am a big fan of Bioware and think there is a lot of talent at their studio. I WANT to love SWTOR and I'm willing to give it more room to breathe than any other MMO I have played outside of WoW and Eve.

I think that's a fair deal. Stating my intent in this instance was nothing more than a statement of fact, and reflects how a lot of people feel about the game.
I'd find that a lot easier to believe if you weren't doggedly hyping a meaningless article.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

EJedi
01.19.2012 , 09:46 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Zangaboing View Post
Actually i AM using it, but it doesnt make a difference when people are ignoring it. Spamming in chat is more effective - that speaks volumes for how well it works.
You can't expect BioWare to fix stupid players.
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

SamuraBob_Fl
01.19.2012 , 09:46 PM | #159

I did. I found nothing that impressed me. But if I'm missing something important feel free to link it.

krinaman
01.19.2012 , 09:47 PM | #160

Yes, like two other analysts disagreeing with this guy's assessment.