Legacy is faulty as hell

BlackAngel_X

Just my opinion, but here some examples:

Legacy Family Tree

-> If my Padawan is just a teenager, how can it be the Mother of an adult?

-> If my Padawan is a Human and her spouse too, how can they be the bloodmother of an Rataki?

-> How can the Sith Inquisitor a valued ally to my Padawan, but she cant send him things via mail? <- First time i tried it after the update it didnt work, but now it seems to work, sorry.

Race

So, i am supposed to play every race at least once to level 50 to unlock the race to other chars, but at the same time i have a family tree that best looks if i play only one race at all...

If i play two humans to level 50, what do i get for my second playthrough? Why not give the Player a Token to unlock the Race he/she wants at all and not punish the player with 1.500.000 Credits just to unlock a other Race?

Others:

I have to pay 1.500.000 for almost everything, but where to i get money for archieving anything in my Legacy? In this way the Legacy is a punishment!

I get my Legacy with level 36 other players with Level 28, thats at least one Legacy-Level difference just because i don't run through the story-quests and let aside the other quests, why not get the legacy with fixed level 30?

The Legacy-Name is for all my Chars, so my Sith gets a softy surename/title or my jedi a bloody one?

Until now i cant say that im happy with anything in the Legacy. Keep working on it Bioware... ;)

Edited by BlackAngel_X
Sorry, one point wasnt right.

-> If my Padawan is a Human and her spouse too, how can they be the bloodmother of an Rataki?

[/Quote]

Physically impossible, remove it from the tree

-> How can the Sith Inquisitor a valued ally to my Padawan, but she cant send him things via mail?

Mail between all legacy members has been functional since update 1.2

Race

Species

You are in charge of your own destiny...your own legacy... if you decide to make a family tree that makes little to no sense that's your fault. How can you be upset that Bioware gave you complete freedom. God forbid we are in an alternate universe where they restricted you, you'd be complaining about that too.

As for expensive legacy upgrades...yeah you're right. But your legacy is shared among all your characters, so maybe you could have them each save like... 10% of what they make each mission and have that go towards the legacy perks.

Here I can draw you up a savings plan if you want...

Legacy Family Tree

-> How can the Sith Inquisitor a valued ally to my Padawan, but she cant send him things via mail?

Race

So, i am supposed to play every race at least once to level 50 to unlock the race to other chars, but at the same time i have a family tree that best looks if i play only one race at all...

If i play two humans to level 50, what do i get for my second playthrough? Why not give the Player a Token to unlock the Race he/she wants at all and not punish the player with 1.500.000 Credits just to unlock a other Race?

Others:

I have to pay 1.500.000 for almost everything, but where to i get money for archieving anything in my Legacy? In this way the Legacy is a punishment!

I get my Legacy with level 36 other players with Level 28, thats at least one Legacy-Level difference just because i don't run through the story-quests and let aside the other quests, why not get the legacy with fixed level 30?

The Legacy-Name is for all my Chars, so my Sith gets a softy surename/title or my jedi a bloody one?

Until now i cant say that im happy with anything in the Legacy. Keep working on it Bioware... ;)

I Agree with you on the race's and how they are going about unlocking them.It is almost like they they put in too much thought to this.They need to rethink the idea and get more feed back from the player base on where we would like to see Legacy go.

The developers have put enough of the game on rails. It was refreshing that this part doesn't include hand holding and allows you the freedom to do what you want.

As to the money.. Seriously, there are threads all over the place on how to make money.

The developers have put enough of the game on rails. It was refreshing that this part doesn't include hand holding and allows you the freedom to do what you want.

As to the money.. Seriously, there are threads all over the place on how to make money.

Ok, THIS Freedom is good (in a freaky way ;) ), but if you only can add two sides to one Char then youre Family-Tree goes more sideways then down, and the connections are still senseless

Goldfarming and Auctionating is exactly the opsite of that what i want in a Rolleplayergame.

Ok, THIS Freedom is good (in a freaky way ;) ), but if you only can add two sides to one Char then youre Family-Tree goes more sideways then down, and the connections are still senseless

Goldfarming and Auctionating is exactly the opsite of that what i want in a Rolleplayergame.

Every MMO has a grind of some sort in order to obtain the 'goodie items' that the developers include in the game. Whether it be a Travelers Tundra Mammoth, a really cool speeder, etc etc etc. With grinding comes the benefits of the goodie items.

You are seeing the Legacy system with the wrong POV, it's not content, it's a veteran rewards system and a moneysink. You are not supposed to play to unlock things, you are supposed to play to have fun and, in time, unlock a few fluff things.

As for relations, that's up to you to make something that works or not. The tree has no purpose, I don't see the point in adding restrictions.

About the rest, dunno, between being married more than once, sperm donation, giving birth at young age (or anything sci-fi could add), and not seeing the problem with Legacy starting based on story and not level or why you can't choose a name that fits all your character or why you can't hide it if you think it doesn't fit, well it doesn't seem faulty at all to me, more like an opinion difference.

Imo, there's more important things to focus on first.

Currently, the family tree is useless. They need to maybe add bonus stats based off of how you connect your classes. For instance, if you connect your JK to your trooper, the trooper gets a + to power and the JK gets a boost to HP. They could base this off of level, so the higher your JK, the larger the power boost.

Currently, the family tree is useless. They need to maybe add bonus stats based off of how you connect your classes. For instance, if you connect your JK to your trooper, the trooper gets a + to power and the JK gets a boost to HP. They could base this off of level, so the higher your JK, the larger the power boost.

What would be the point ? Even more stat bonus but at the expense of choosing a specific pattern ?

Every MMO has a grind of some sort in order to obtain the 'goodie items' that the developers include in the game. Whether it be a Travelers Tundra Mammoth, a really cool speeder, etc etc etc. With grinding comes the benefits of the goodie items.

Isnt Valor, Social and alignment grinding enough? Do we realy need to purchase the Rataki to play an Rataki-Juggernaut from beginning without playing another to lvl50 just to delete it then?

Personally, I'd like to see the ability to have multiple connections to the same character. For example, why can't my Sorc and my Warrior have a child that is connected to both of them? If I try to do that, I have to choose which parent to connect it to.

Also, why can each of my characters only have one ally or rival? Or child for that matter?

Isnt Valor, Social and alignment grinding enough? Do we realy need to purchase the Rataki to play an Rataki-Juggernaut from beginning without playing another to lvl50 just to delete it then?

Honestly.. No.

Back when I played that 'other' game.. I did the grind for the Wintersaber Trainers to get 'that' mount and I did it before the nerf. I did it because it was a cool mount. Next to the insane in the membrane achievement that grind was the longest in that game. Honestly I did it for the epeen of the item because very.. very.. few people had that mount.

You want that something special so you can have that epeen item, put in the time or put in the credits. Either of which is a grind.. And appropriately so.

I'm curious what the OP legitimately wanted from the Legacy system.

Also, you don't NEED to purchase all the perks that you won't unlock through playing. There is no benefit to purchasing all the races unless you actually plan to play them all. More likely you want one, maybe two? Even if you don't unlock it with a 50, if it's something you really want, grinding the credits is not a big deal. As someone mentioned, 3 days of dailies is a race unlock pretty much.

Legacy isn't necessary to play the game. Sure, it DOES help to level faster and easier (GOD, presence boosts are SO helpful!) and yeah you can make a Pure Blood Jedi or Smuggler.

But you don't NEED those to enjoy the game. I played about 4 days after public launch and we didn't get sprint til 14, nor did we have the presence bonus of unlocking companions and doing their stories etc.

I'm Legacy 31 and I only have the presence boosts from having a 50 human, 15 companion stories completed, along with that perk of one each (DPS, Heals, etc) and I have 4 heroic moment abilities from completing 4 stories. They help greatly but are not necessary to play.

And I'd be mightily pissed off if Bioware just gave everyone the ability to have every single perk easily because no one wanted to work for them (Legacy wise or monetary wise) when others like me had to work at it.

Only thing I spent good credits for was a mailbox on all 8 of my ships. 500K once for 8 mailboxes? Thxbio!

Legacy Family Tree

-> How can the Sith Inquisitor a valued ally to my Padawan, but she cant send him things via mail? <- First time i tried it after the update it didnt work, but now it seems to work, sorry.

Race

Others:

Padawans are not teenagers, oversight that probably killed lucasarts to explain so they didnt.

You do not need every species, you can just play all humans for all i care.

Extra things are not punishment.

You only have to do the class quests on one character, if you cant deal with that than sorry.

My legacy is troy legacy, that could mean anything, so use something like that.

Hope this helps just some constructive criticism.

Recessive genes? Maybe one of the parents of one of those humans was Rattataki. Or just pretend whatever you want, since that's all the tree is anyway. My Zabrak Warrior is the father of a Zabrak Trooper and Pureblood Knight while his wife is a Human (Jaesa); just because he's married to Jaesa does not mean she has to be the birth mother. Also, my Pureblood Inquisitor is his sister so I'm pretending that at least one of their parents was Pureblood. My Chiss Agent (Ally to the Warrior) is the father of a Rattataki Bounty Hunter and Twi'lek Smuggler, but he kind of gets around so that shouldn't be surprising; though I am pretending that the Bounty Hunter's mother is Kaliyo since they hooked up a couple of times before he married Raina.

You do realize there's an option for adopted kids, you could always use that if it makes things easier for you.