Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

Archaetorrhi
05.27.2015 , 06:31 PM | #41
Just a 192, nothing better so far
Tos'hakaa'mel - Sniper | Tosh'oldi'mel - Gunslinger

<Nova Imperium> Officer | <Aisthesis> Member

ThomasCool
05.27.2015 , 06:50 PM | #42
KBN, i have a question for you.
If someone parsed a rotation with a certain gear AND that spec has a significant sub 30% boost, how would i go about estimating the DPS for a parse with better gear based on a parsely parse;
My idea was to run the simulation twice... the first time to get an approximate number of HP the dummy would need with the new gear (so don't stop at 1 mil) and then run it again.
Any opinions?
T.
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.28.2015 , 03:14 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
For the most part, I believe so. There are exceptions though. All three of the tanks have procs that they don't gate their rotation on (i.e. a shadow tank will use Project without Particle Acceleration, a vanguard tank will use Ion Storm without whatever-the-heck-the-proc-is-called, etc). Not sure if tanks are interesting here though. :-D

I believe that pre-3.0, Vig/Veng used to use Blade Storm/Force Scream on a semi-regular basis without both stacks. I'm not sure if that's still true though.

TK, Balance and Serenity all use Mind Crush off-proc in their openers (actually, I think that Balance might use Vanquish; not sure). That's a very special case though and does not come up at any other moment in the parse.

Assault very specifically avoids using the insta-cast proc on Serrated Bolt (instead it is used on Charged Bolts).

That's all I can think of off-hand. I feel like Plasmatech has some weird non-gating procs (off of Ion Pulse), but I don't know for sure. Fortunately, Kwerty is here. :-)
The proc you don't know the name of is Pulse Engine / Flame Engine

Anyway, plasmatech had this situation between patch 3.1.1 and patch 3.2, where Pulse Cannon had 3 stacks, but barely even had the resources for 2, which screwed everyone over. Since you don't need 3 stacks anymore, and Plasmatize is 5 energy cheaper, this is no longer an issue.

Anyway, 5 parses incoming in about half an hour

UPDATE
Parses: http://parsely.io/parser/view/32692
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

KeyboardNinja
05.28.2015 , 11:24 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasCool View Post
KBN, i have a question for you.
If someone parsed a rotation with a certain gear AND that spec has a significant sub 30% boost, how would i go about estimating the DPS for a parse with better gear based on a parsely parse;
My idea was to run the simulation twice... the first time to get an approximate number of HP the dummy would need with the new gear (so don't stop at 1 mil) and then run it again.
Any opinions?
T.
I think I don't understand the core problem here. Is there a reason you can't just run the simulation with the new gear and the 1 mil dummy?
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

ThomasCool
05.28.2015 , 12:36 PM | #45
While I could (and have), i feel like it's a bit of a misrepresentation.

Since the parse would go faster, it would look like people start using the sub 30% abilities lower (25, 20, 15?). Also, people tend to changeup the end of the rotation a bit when the boss is about to die.

For example, even a 2WS gunslinger will switch to 3ws at the end and use a speedshot or 2 dirty blasts instead of reapplying dots.

I feel like just going doing what you proposed would actually understate the DPS gain from better gear.

T.
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.28.2015 , 03:57 PM | #46
So i got saboteur finally working... (I'm complaining here in the hopes someone will commiserate).
between the debuff exploding on damage (sab charge), a stacking debuff only exploding on weapon damage (contingency charges), the stacking dot (first one i programmed in). It was an interesting programming experience
T.
P.S. Kwerty i'll set to testing your plasma rotations in a little - i need to bike a bit to clear my mind
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.29.2015 , 04:06 PM | #47
Scrapper is now working (after sab, it felt pretty damn easy)
<The Olde Guard>

ThomasCool
05.29.2015 , 08:54 PM | #48
Kwerty, So i ran your plasma parses through and got 4483 mean for ohne relics and around 4860 with relics
https://github.com/tomcool420/swtor-...ech_Results.md
<The Olde Guard>

Azurestone
05.30.2015 , 03:07 AM | #49
Can someone please tell me how this works? Do I need a Matlab to run these codes?

ThomasCool
05.30.2015 , 09:01 AM | #50
I'll try to update the documentation today or so. That being said, you do NEED matlab to make it work.

EDIT:
here is a primer on how to make it work
https://github.com/tomcool420/swtor-...-the-Simulator
<The Olde Guard>