Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I think a lot of people are to nerdraging to even see anything but red and will not appreciate the fact that they have put into play a patch to resolve this bug once and for all and will likely E-RAGE claiming it took to long without looking at the bigger picture of

IT IS NOW GOING TO BE FIXED

I for one am glad that people are still mad, I was worried that ppl would go back to kissing BioWare feet for finally fixing something that has been needed to be fixed for months.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

We would like to make sure that recent updates are very clear to all of you as some seem to be curious about details still. Game Update 1.1, coming out on January 17th, should resolve the issues that have been experienced with Kira's storyline.

Thanks for the bonus update! I don't think most of us need it, but I'm glad you're still paying attention to the thread and making sure everyone's up to speed. Just wish people would take the time to glance back a couple pages before asking the same questions over and over, as this will inevitably be buried as well.

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

I for one am glad that people are still mad, I was worried that ppl would go back to kissing BioWare feet for finally fixing something that has been needed to be fixed for months.

Assume much?

I for one kiss nobodies feet.

I simply don't think anger and rage solves much

they must of fixed somthing because i couldnt talk to her but after

I met her brother

all her romance quests where stacked up on top of eachother ill post again if she talks again hopefully some of you might need to do this to unbug it ?

thats if you clicked the Ds flirt at the start btw because i did that and ive read that other people who have did the same got to talk to her after the brother thing

Edited by Averran

Hello everyone,

We would like to make sure that recent updates are very clear to all of you as some seem to be curious about details still. Game Update 1.1, coming out on January 17th, should resolve the issues that have been experienced with Kira's storyline. Here are the details we've released so far in their original locations:

Thank you all for the patience and feedback provided during the discovery and resolution of this issue! This thread will remain open as there is no need to stop the discussion.

**** YEAHHHH WOOOOOOO!!!! :D:ph_win:

they must of fixed somthing because i couldnt talk to her but after

I met her brother

all her romance quests where stacked up on top of eachother ill post again if she talks again hopefully some of you might need to do this to unbug it ?

thats if you clicked the Ds flirt at the start btw because i did that and ive read that other people who have did the same got to talk to her after the brother thing

I understand its a long thread, but man this has been well known for a while. The first fix fixed your particular problem. The main problem now is for those who chose the DS flirt before the first fix. So yes, you are ok, as you clearly seen with all of her conversations flooding you once you completed that quest.

Does "the romance quest line" with Kira end after you're married with her? I got that option to marry her when I was talking to her in my ship, but after our "marriage" she hasn't talked to me at all. :confused: Or is this also a bug?

Otherwise I have almost 10k affection with Kira.

Can you wait until Tuesday to find out? From the sounds of it, you are not bugged. If you are, then come Tuesday, you will get a TON of quests all at once from Kira

the new notes include some Jaesa notes, nothing about Kira...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1584114#edit1584114

they do say "additional notes" so those might be added to the old ones from the test servers?...remains to be seen...

Edited by LanceGabriell

the new notes include some Jaesa notes, nothing about Kira...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1584114#edit1584114

they do say "additional notes" so those might be added to the old ones from the test servers?...remains to be seen...

Please tell me your kidding right? We have been over this a million times already. The Kira bug is fixed in Game Update 1.1, which comes out Tuesday. Read the notes which are here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695

and I will quote exactly what it says

As with every update, 1.1 includes many high-priority bug fixes. We have corrected the issue that prevented some Jedi Knights from progressing in Kira Carsen’s affection conversations, made some previously inaccessible Datacrons reachable, and have made many fixes to various issues in Flashpoints and Operations.

and

Kira Carsen

Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Learn to read the notes. You will always find the notes for the next major patch in the Public Test Server Forum.

I know the Dev who posted here said this thread isn't gonna be closed but either Sticky on every single page from now on that the Kira bug will be fixed once and for all on Tuesday Jan 17th or Close this thread.

there have been something like 4 new pages of "kira is still bugged"

Why is this still being posted.

Not sure if this any help for anyone, especially 1.1 supposedly fixing this, but after I completed chapter 1, I get all my "due" conversations in ship and cantina with Kira, so progressing past chapter unstuck it for me.

Cheers

That's because you weren't stuck. You simply hadn't progressed far enough in the story.

Not sure if this any help for anyone, especially 1.1 supposedly fixing this, but after I completed chapter 1, I get all my "due" conversations in ship and cantina with Kira, so progressing past chapter unstuck it for me.

Cheers

You aren't bugged at all if this happens.

Hello everyone,

We would like to make sure that recent updates are very clear to all of you as some seem to be curious about details still. Game Update 1.1, coming out on January 17th, should resolve the issues that have been experienced with Kira's storyline.

Thank you all for the patience and feedback provided during the discovery and resolution of this issue! This thread will remain open as there is no need to stop the discussion.

I'm taking it upon myself to repost this on the new page

Glad it looks like they're fixing it cause my Kira looks to be bugged as well. I made my JK on about Jan. 1st so it was supposed to be fine for all the new JK's after a certain date (like dec 26 iirc).

But I'm at level 27 with a little over 4k affection and she hasn't said anything to me since shortly after I got her.

EDIT: Or not. Right after I posted this, I finished the Nar Shaddaa class story and she started talking. Got 4 different conversation pieces all at once. Guess it's not broken after all.

Edited by TheNevet

But I'm at level 27 with a little over 4k affection and she hasn't said anything to me since shortly after I got her.

That sounds completely normal. Her dialogs only really start after finishing Act1, which happens around lvl35 iirc. The reason is in her story which will only be uncovered in the act finishing fight.

edit: no wait, there will be a little info after fighting her "brother" which happens around lvl28 or 30 iirc. Anyways, don't worry. You just haven't progressed far enough yet.

Edited by eatZecaai

That sounds completely normal. Her dialogs only really start after finishing Act1, which happens around lvl35 iirc. The reason is in her story which will only be uncovered in the act finishing fight.

edit: no wait, there will be a little info after fighting her "brother" which happens around lvl28 or 30 iirc. Anyways, don't worry. You just haven't progressed far enough yet.

You get one quest when you first get her as a companion.

Then nothing until the defector. After the defector three quick quests in succession.

Then NOTHING at all until you finish act 1

Edited by Spyderwraith

Can't wait for the patch ! I really hope we won't get any trouble with our companions after 1.1 :)

Doc's Crazy Talk quest is still bugged. There is nothing about it in the Patch Notes or any Dev posts that I've seen. It took the Devs several weeks of responding about Kira before a fix was actually released; so far as I can tell, they aren't even aware of the Doc issue.

Doc's Crazy Talk quest is still bugged. There is nothing about it in the Patch Notes or any Dev posts that I've seen. It took the Devs several weeks of responding about Kira before a fix was actually released; so far as I can tell, they aren't even aware of the Doc issue.

Yeah but i think there's still the convo bug with all the companion. happens to me sometime. They want to talk but when i enter my ship or a cantina they don't want to talk anymore:confused: