Star Forge having issues? GTN listing issues or any other problems.

TrixxieTriss

I noticed earlier today people were having lag issues and not being able to login to star forge. Now my problem is not the same, but I’m starting to wonder if the server is having a problem.

I was in the middle of delisting and relisting dyes on the GTN. I’d unlisted about 10 and relisted them ok. Then I went to do the next 10 and got half way through and it stopped me listing. When I click the create sale button, it’s says “that item is in use and cannot be changed right now.”

These are dyes that are both crafted and cartel market. I have not reached my listing limit and even if I had, it gives you a different message for that. The dyes are not bound to my character, so that’s not it.

I can only assume there is a server problem. I’m in the middle or restarting my game to see if this fixes it. But I would be interested if anyone else is having weird stuff happening on Star Forge.

Seems to be working fine for me :( Hope you get sorted.

Yeah, thanks guys. I went to dinner and came back and it was good. Now I’m just trying not to break my mouse because of the idiocy happening in lowbies and Mids with people using the lock out mechanism to troll people. That and the fact that it keeps putting me 3v4 against a premade that’s trolling. Bioware really screwed the pooch with these pvp changes.

I’ve never been so close to quitting this year. I hate feeling so helpless.

Gld to see that it got betteer, though I will say that I've been seeing some odd little things here and there. The other night I had weird combat lag issues, then yesterday the mail was being weird and didn't want to load my messages, a friend says she can't send mail at all, and then there have been other odd little things. Nothing big and I can't remember what everything was, but I do think there's something going on. It's just been a little quirky lately.

The issues i ran into on a couple planets this week were both on Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa, got to a point where i couldn't type in chat, travel to my stronghold or even leave an area i was at, effectively running into a mime wall.

Yeah, thanks guys. I went to dinner and came back and it was good. Now I’m just trying not to break my mouse because of the idiocy happening in lowbies and Mids with people using the lock out mechanism to troll people. That and the fact that it keeps putting me 3v4 against a premade that’s trolling. Bioware really screwed the pooch with these pvp changes.

I’ve never been so close to quitting this year. I hate feeling so helpless.

Sorry to hear that. it was one of the reasons I stopped PvP, that and Huttball (two newest ones),,,,eck . Is there anyway to prove they are trolling? Maybe something could be done about them?

Gld to see that it got betteer, though I will say that I've been seeing some odd little things here and there. The other night I had weird combat lag issues, then yesterday the mail was being weird and didn't want to load my messages, a friend says she can't send mail at all, and then there have been other odd little things. Nothing big and I can't remember what everything was, but I do think there's something going on. It's just been a little quirky lately.

The mail issue seems to be happening a lot lately, I had to reload a few times to get mail. People seem to be having activation lags too (might be their issues though, not the games). Gotten kicked to server a couple of times, and had launcher issues, both went away, not sure if they were sorted, or it was just a new version of RNG login :)

Sorry to hear that. it was one of the reasons I stopped PvP, that and Huttball (two newest ones),,,,eck . Is there anyway to prove they are trolling? Maybe something could be done about them?

You can still troll and play with in the rules of the game. The best trolls do that because you can’t do anything about it.

On a side note, Vandin and Quesh ball have been removed from the queue until they fix the maps and fix away in which you can semi choose what you want to play. So if you wanted to Hutt ball and that was your main concern, then you don’t have to worry about it at the moment.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The mail issue seems to be happening a lot lately, I had to reload a few times to get mail. People seem to be having activation lags too (might be their issues though, not the games). Gotten kicked to server a couple of times, and had launcher issues, both went away, not sure if they were sorted, or it was just a new version of RNG login :)

I think the server structure might have some small hiccups happening.

All i have to say is "Oh My!" Hope that all works out of you.....still saying these servers are garbage and can not handle the population load.

It’s not the server hardware. They were upgraded to better ones with the last merge and were able to handle 3 times as many people back then with no issues. It’s not a population issue. If it’s anything, it’s probably a data base issue and how the servers are communicating with it.

Here’s an example of how the backend server is setup for MMO games. As you be able to see, it’s not just one server.

What we see as one server is actually a multitude or different systems networked together.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I was running into all of those issues except for problems with the launcher. (knock on wood) They seem to have stopped this week though.(again, knock on wood) In general, Star Forge felt like it was running a little wonky last week. At least, it felt that way to me. It would be fine for an hour and then all the sudden weirdness. So far, so good this week.