Guild Perks in 5.10

EricMusco

I almost wanted to throw up when I read some of the perks. I am well aware the "end game" top tier players, groups, guilds are not playing your game Bioware/EA as much as they once were. That being said if you actually go live with a perk system that really gives a giant guild this much of an advantage I will no longer be paying to play your game. I think you need to think LONG and HARD before you do this. I have no qualms with it helping SM or HM even but NiM end game? I mean is the player base so bad that you have to do this? If you do this I promise you will look back and see you really made stuff worse vs building more content and promoting your game. I am speechless now

So I did consider the idea of these effectively being a time-gated nerf to the new op. It sorta makes sense if GFTM NiM end bosses are tuned to 258s. Historically Nightmare modes in this game have been tuned to the HM dropped tier and the NiM loot tier has served as a slight nerf as you get that gear. So this is all well and good as a substitute to getting that extra tier. But even then some of these stat boosts are extremely big and this would be a pretty huge tuning nerf. Furthermore, consider the impact of these perks in any potential future raid tiers. You'll have finished your grinding by then and have access to these upon launch.
Edited by OasisKid

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost wanted to throw up when I read some of the perks. I am well aware the "end game" top tier players, groups, guilds are no longer playing your game Bioware/EA. That being said if you actually go live with a perk system that really gives a giant guild this much of an advantage I will no longer be paying to play your game. I think you need to think LONG and HARD before you do this. I have no qualms with it helping SM or HM even but NiM end game? I mean is the player base so bad that you have to do this? If you do this I promise you will look back and see you really made stuff worse vs building more content and promoting your game. I am speechless now

Just a thought, but could they be putting the stat increases into these perks to try and get more people to try NiM content? If the % is truly around the 1-3% of the playerbase that does NiM, it could be very possible they are simply attempting to get more people into that type of content.

I'm not saying I think it's a good idea to have stat bonuses as perks personally, but just giving a possible reason for them to do it. I only think that increasing XP, CXP, Reputation type stuff should be from guild perks personally, not Critcal, endurance, or mastery like they have it listed.

These are definitely cool to have in the game but I feel they should have no influence or functionality in higher end PvE and PvP content; that being nightmare operations and ranked PvP. I'd also say they shouldn't work in regular PvP as well but at least consider the impact these perks may have on the more competitive aspects of the game and how that may reflect on player enjoyment and experience.

100% agreed with this. Top tier operation success should not be based on the size/conquest focus of a player's guild. I'm fine with bonuses that aren't stat wise (cxp bonus, cost reduction, mount speed) but increases of stats (crit chance, healing recieved) would make operations very unbalanced in terms of top tier clears. Also I think it's worth mentioning that the group revive feature could be abused in operations by someone vanishing and rezzing the majority of the group when they're out of combat to be like a second chance on wipes.

Just a thought, but could they be putting the stat increases into these perks to try and get more people to try NiM content? If the % is truly around the 1-3% of the playerbase that does NiM, it could be very possible they are simply attempting to get more people into that type of content.

The limiting factor in NiM isn't gear or stats, a lot of casual and RP players have best in slot gear by now, but the ability to execute mechanics.

I know for a fact I struggle with mechanics in Nim (or rather, my reaction time is too slow) even though I have best in slot gear and can do decent numbers. A buff to my damage further won't really make it better.

That's fair enough, different preferences and that's all good.

I personally prefer larger guilds since most of the small guilds I've been in through the game's lifes disbanded or became inactive quite quickly.

In my eyes you can't have a sense of community if a guild has no people in it. With more people you can have more talks, more groups, overall more going on. I don't really understand the argument about being a number though.

Edit: But of course these are only my thoughts and I don't think one can say that he/she is right or wrong. I think it's just hard to really balance things and no matter how you design something, one side will always slightly benefit. I think focusing too much on balance can also destroy the fun aspect.

With the actual cost of the guild perks per month and the break points before you even get to them. It’s fair to say that many smaller guilds won’t be leveling up their XP very fast of have the resources to pay for perks every month. I know ours won’t be able to.

So my point of view is the Guild Ship is the bare minimum to get started and could be cheaper and it would allow smaller guilds to still participate at a much slower with less over all perks.

The current cost alone for extra rooms means we would never have more than just the bridge, which we can live with. But that’s a moot point if we can’t afford the ship to start with.

Making it 800k would allow even more people to participate in these new features. Even 5,000,000 will be hard for some people to pay, but 15,000,000 is out of reach of many players because of all the other costs in the game like gearing, strongholds, outfits, etc.

We aren’t asking for much, just some consideration to allow more people to have the ability to get the bare minimum to participate.

With the actual cost of the guild perks per month and the break points before you even get to them. It’s fair to say that many smaller guilds won’t be leveling up their XP very fast of have the resources to pay for perks every month. I know ours won’t be able to.

So my point of view is the Guild Ship is the bare minimum to get started and could be cheaper and it would allow smaller guilds to still participate at a much slower with less over all perks.

The current cost alone for extra rooms means we would never have more than just the bridge, which we can live with. But that’s a moot point if we can’t afford the ship to start with.

Making it 800k would allow even more people to participate in these new features. Even 5,000,000 will be hard for some people to pay, but 15,000,000 is out of reach of many players because of all the other costs in the game like gearing, strongholds, outfits, etc.

We aren’t asking for much, just some consideration to allow more people to have the ability to get the bare minimum to participate.

15,000,000 isn't much, spend 2 weeks having 7 people doing dailies once a week will get you that 15 mil. The trickier part would be getting enough frameworks to open up all the other rooms. 15 mil in 1 month by yourself even if you only play 2 hours a day would be easy enough to get.

Edited by Toraak

Hey Sir Musco,

We would like to suggest our idea to be added to the guild perks. In case a progress guild is missing a boss-kill achievement from an operation, the said team could purchase a lockout from guild perks, thus making progression steadier.

E.g.: a team is progressing on EC HM and they reach the minefield (3rd boss), they are wiping on that specific fight for a week then finally done with it on Monday, the instance resets on the next day and they can start it all over again. With this perk they could progress on Kephess (<3) from Tuesday.

Many thanks,

The Edge guild

Please share what drugs you are on, because you must be trippin' hard to say something that dumb.

Never ever let guild perks affect stats in any form of group scenario, PvE or PvP. It'd be like having Carlsen start with one extra pawn against Caruana in the World Chess Championship, because he's from a richer country.

If the guild perks will not be for PVP, group content etc, what will they be for? To run faster on planets? I mean, what do you do for endgame where you would make use of these? I play PVP and do OPS, I wont be using them. Sure its nice to have but I do not see the real use. It will just help the new players with their leveling and for faster heroics, thats all.

The system seems to strongly favour large guilds over smaller ones. Not liking this at all.

A system that is directly proportional to guild member count when it comes to leveling & perk costs would be far more fair if one must have this style of a perk system.

Yea smaller guilds will be at a disadvantage. However, I dare to say that this motivates a guild to get bigger. And bigger guilds means more people which means more activity and more chat traffic which in my eyes keeps a guild alive. I dare say the smaller guilds of a few people who keep close are a minority and those in my eyes shouldn't have the advantage over bigger guilds. If you favour small guilds, it makes big guilds split up and smaller guilds are less likely to fall into inactivity. I don't have any statistic to back up any of my statements so those are just my thoughts regarding that.

Regarding the guild ship cost, hmm, it's not hard to say because I already seen many people say that 15 000 000 is a small amount for even a small guild so lots of different opinions on this.

I am not that enthusiastic about the stat boosts but we shall see. And maybe they will balance the perks for smaller guilds more. But overall my thoughts are that this will make guilds recruit more people and therefore more people will be in guilds which will increase the social aspect in the game and make people more likely to stay.

I really don't like the perks that affect endgame.

[...]

Otherwise that's a big slap in the face to endgame players.

I agree to that.

I don't like the idea that players/guilds who are into raiding but not into conquest are forced to conquest grinding.

So please, do not implement stat boosting perks. Except maybe for story mode or group finder content.

DPS related guild perks? For real? /facepalm

RIP mid-populated guilds.

RIP sweet "friends-only" guilds.

RIP good old semi-dead guilds.

"You don't really need it." Yes we do, this game is all about dps now, with all these gear tiers.

GG, Bioware.

15,000,000 isn't much, spend 2 weeks having 7 people doing dailies once a week will get you that 15 mil. The trickier part would be getting enough frameworks to open up all the other rooms. 15 mil in 1 month by yourself even if you only play 2 hours a day would be easy enough to get.

As I said in another post, what’s doable for some isnt for others. Plus most of us just pvp and you don’t get many credits pvping,

My two hours a day are spent in pvp, not grinding gear or credits.

I’m not asking for anything free, just something more reasonable to get more people involved who will be locked out by cost.

Yea smaller guilds will be at a disadvantage. However, I dare to say that this motivates a guild to get bigger. And bigger guilds means more people which means more activity and more chat traffic which in my eyes keeps a guild alive. I dare say the smaller guilds of a few people who keep close are a minority and those in my eyes shouldn't have the advantage over bigger guilds. If you favour small guilds, it makes big guilds split up and smaller guilds are less likely to fall into inactivity. I don't have any statistic to back up any of my statements so those are just my thoughts regarding that.

Regarding the guild ship cost, hmm, it's not hard to say because I already seen many people say that 15 000 000 is a small amount for even a small guild so lots of different opinions on this.

I am not that enthusiastic about the stat boosts but we shall see. And maybe they will balance the perks for smaller guilds more. But overall my thoughts are that this will make guilds recruit more people and therefore more people will be in guilds which will increase the social aspect in the game and make people more likely to stay.

We don’t want a bigger guild. I dare say we have guild burn out after 6 years. We’re all in out 40s and just want to chill and play the game. We dont want guild drama by bringing in people we don’t know. We’ve been there and done that, all of us in the guild have been GMs or Vice GMs of our own seperate guilds.

Edited by Totemdancer

DPS related guild perks? For real? /facepalm

RIP mid-populated guilds.

RIP sweet "friends-only" guilds.

RIP good old semi-dead guilds.

"You don't really need it." Yes we do, this game is all about dps now, with all these gear tiers.

GG, Bioware.

If they reduced the costs it would help abit.

While I completely agree that those boosts are huge, so is the boost you get from a Nightmare crystal. Does that mean everyone is using crystals now? Not at all. Pretty much everyone that is progging for real isn't using them, and they are mostly tools for sale runs. If the ops are tuned not taking those buffs into account, then I don't see how it will change or force people to grind and get them.

That being said, you can be against both those things, but I don't think they will really change how raiding serious raiding guilds work, or even the NiM raiding scene in general.

Nightmare crystals are being disabled for the release of a new nightmare operation and I think this is a great idea by Bioware. Guild perks however are not receiving a similar treatment. I agree with you that they are essentially a re-branded nightmare crystal but they're not being handled the same way as the nightmare crystal is.

While I completely agree that those boosts are huge, so is the boost you get from a Nightmare crystal. Does that mean everyone is using crystals now? Not at all. Pretty much everyone that is progging for real isn't using them, and they are mostly tools for sale runs. If the ops are tuned not taking those buffs into account, then I don't see how it will change or force people to grind and get them.

That being said, you can be against both those things, but I don't think they will really change how raiding serious raiding guilds work, or even the NiM raiding scene in general.

Nightmare crystals are being disabled for the release of a new nightmare operation and I think this is a great idea by Bioware. Guild perks however are not receiving a similar treatment. I agree with you that they are essentially a re-branded nightmare crystal but they're not being handled the same way as the nightmare crystal is.

In my opinion those Stats increasing perks will have a serious psychological effect on player base. Those perks are a kind of a progress like getting the new gear tier. not for each player, but for each guild.

We all know that most classes can clear every NIM Boss with 242 gear rating right now on live servers. But when 248 was avaiable there was a new part of the player base who could now be clearing the content. so they aimed to get their raid group to BiS (248).

Same thing with the 236 augments and after that the 240 augments (the increase of stats is ridiculous compared to 236) but look how many players have those shiny augments now.

So if you introduce a buff (Gear, Perks whatever) their will be a new amount of players, being on the edge of killing the boss they were longtime struggeling on. So they will gasp for every advantage they can get, even feel forced to get those.

Just imagine what those perks would have done to the older content, if they had been active then. Let's choose the reduced cd on adrenals & the longer duration of those...

Draxus has ever been a dps check with 4 dps after a major content release (4.0, 5.0) With those two perks you would have 20sec of adrenal and adrenals would be ready for the beginning of wave 3 and in the middle of wave 5.

Izax Hardmode: You would be able to use adrenals in phase 3 twice and they would come of cd right before p4.

Styrak Nim: You could easily use adrenals two times more than now.

On top of that their is still a new gear tier coming. even the effort to gain it is much higher than for current BiS, they point when the majority of the player base will be above will come very soon and some of them will reach the new BiS pretty fast, too.

Imo their is NO need of stats being buffed any further with perks.

People really like to exaggerate with their "small guilds RIP" don't they? Lol lowering the amount to get the perks for small guilds means that recruiting process will be even brutal and bigger guilds will eventually split up even faster and this will faster drive them into inactivity.

We don’t want a bigger guild. I dare say we have guild burn out after 6 years. We’re all in out 40s and just want to chill and play the game. We dont want guild drama by bringing in people we don’t know. We’ve been there and done that, all of us in the guild have been GMs or Vice GMs of our own seperate guilds.

And you can still do that just fine. How do these guild perks change that in any form?

Edited by menofhorror

And you can still do that just fine. How do these guild perks change that in any form?

Your quote doesn’t really express anything I was trying to say. So I’m not sure why even used it.

What we can’t do at the moment and would like to do is participate in planetary invasions, which we can’t because the cost of the guild ship is restrictive.

Even with the cost reduction to 15,000,000, it will still be more than what my guild can afford. Which means we still won’t be able to participate in planetary invasions or these new guild perks.

All we are asking for is a cheaper price so that people can more easily get the basics needed to participate.

Your quote doesn’t really express anything I was trying to say. So I’m not sure why even used it.

What we can’t do at the moment and would like to do is participate in planetary invasions, which we can’t because the cost of the guild ship is restrictive.

Even with the cost reduction to 15,000,000, it will still be more than what my guild can afford. Which means we still won’t be able to participate in planetary invasions or these new guild perks.

All we are asking for is a cheaper price so that people can more easily get the basics needed to participate.

Holy...please what are you doing that you cant afford to pay 15,000,000 creds? If you cant afford this amount of credits, there is no value for your guild to participate in conquest. you won't complete any yield.

Since you're a pvp player. you get 20k a match per player. that's 80k for a full group. you do maybe ten matches an evening. thats 800k plus 4x 40k for both daily. 960k for just doing pvp matches. that's two weeks of HUGE GRIND for 4 people.

do tatooine heroic quests during time in q with your full group. thats at least 400k per player in less than 30 minutes.

you'll get your shiny "made in china" 15mio guildship in less than a week.

there are no arguments in 5.9/5.10 to not have 15,000,000 credits to spend

Holy...please what are you doing that you cant afford to pay 15,000,000 creds? If you cant afford this amount of credits, there is no value for your guild to participate in conquest. you won't complete any yield.

Since you're a pvp player. you get 20k a match per player. that's 80k for a full group. you do maybe ten matches an evening. thats 800k plus 4x 40k for both daily. 960k for just doing pvp matches. that's two weeks of HUGE GRIND for 4 people.

do tatooine heroic quests during time in q with your full group. thats at least 400k per player in less than 30 minutes.

you'll get your shiny "made in china" 15mio guildship in less than a week.

there are no arguments in 5.9/5.10 to not have 15,000,000 credits to spend

As I’ve said in 2 other posts now, what’s good for some people isn’t good for others.

So please don’t condescend and tell us there is no value in us participating in conquest,

There are plenty of other expenses in the game that eat into our credits.

As I’ve said in 2 other posts now, what’s good for some people isn’t good for others.

So please don’t condescend and tell us there is no value in us participating in conquest,

There are plenty of other expenses in the game that eat into our credits.

argumentations with you is a waste of time....just...your guild is the only laziest bunch who cant afford 15,000,000 credits. just think about it