World First Renown 999?

lordoftransform

On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

Lol congrats. Maybe sleep now ?

Seriously, Congrats :D

As Cartman would say, now you can play the game

:p

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not sure this is something I'd want to display proudly... but, congrats!

999 renown crates, 99,900 tech fragments, and bragging rights.

So no benefit whatsoever. No extra powers or better stats. Crates and tech frags you get anyway by grinding, they are not a reward for reaching lvl 999. Also, bragging rights are nonexistent because there is no skill involved to get to 999 (unlike some of the OPS or pvp). Simply mindless stealth runs and Hammer Station.

Also, bragging rights are nonexistent because there is no skill involved to get to 999 (unlike some of the OPS or pvp). Simply mindless stealth runs and Hammer Station.

Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part. :)

Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part. :)

Exactly. This is a video game. Accomplishing weird achievements is just part of playing. I mean it's not hard to get Legendary status (other than playing through trooper) but it's still cool when you accomplish it. Same with achievement hunting or being world first in beating an OP. It's all just a game and some numbers.

Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate!

I wasn't trying to poo poo OP's grind. I asked what the benefits of Renown 999 were and the consensus was "achievement". That means there is no real benefit but it is a grind for the sake of grinding. To contrast, e.g., legendary at least shows you learned at minimum the fundamentals of each class and unlocked bonus powers. That's a benefit. Getting all datacrons gives stat boosts. Benefit. CXP 300 had some benefit, which I don't recall (unlocked gear?). Renown 999 serves no purpose at least for now.

I wasn't trying to poo poo OP's grind. I asked what the benefits of Renown 999 were and the consensus was "achievement". That means there is no real benefit but it is a grind for the sake of grinding. To contrast, e.g., legendary at least shows you learned at minimum the fundamentals of each class and unlocked bonus powers. That's a benefit. Getting all datacrons gives stat boosts. Benefit. CXP 300 had some benefit, which I don't recall (unlocked gear?). Renown 999 serves no purpose at least for now.

You were told that one of benefits is gaining 99900 tech fragments. Not even counting plus several times more earned during grinding it. Do you really have to ask, what is the benefit of having several hundreds of thousands tech fragments available for gearing?

that is crazy, congrats!