New Hutta Boss 55 ?

A Hutta world boss?

Would make as much sense as one on Ord Mantell.

Why?

Faction restricted.

Only way it would work is to have it on "Hutta" is the same way EV is on "Belsavis".

In theory it's there but you don't access EV from Belsavis and you can't go to Belsavis from EV.

Edited by Gyronamics

I seem to recall both Coruscant and Drommund Kass have world bosses and those planets are faction specific. So there is no reason why the starter worlds (all 4 of them) couldn't have World Bosses.

I would add though that if they added a WB to a starter world (Hutta to use your example) then to be fair they would have to also add one to a start planet of the other faction.

Edited by magi_melcior

I seem to recall both Coruscant and Drommund Kass have world bosses and those planets are faction specific.

Balmorra and Taris (both of which have faction specific instances of the planet) have separate WBs as well. As long as there are an equal number of WBs for each side and their levels are matched, it's possible.

I'm kind of curious where the OP is getting this from, however, not to mention why he thinks it might be a 55 WB on a *starting* planet (it's not the whole "WB on starting planet" that gets me; it's the "level 55" aspect).

Only way it would work is to have it on "Hutta" is the same way EV is on "Belsavis".

In theory it's there but you don't access EV from Belsavis and you can't go to Belsavis from EV.

They already have this, it's called Karraga's Palace

Tython and Ord Mantell DO have lowbie world bosses, of a sort... There is the large droid who hangs out in the pavilion on Tython, and on Ord Mantell there is a Savrip Champion on the island where all the heroics are...

Tython and Ord Mantell DO have lowbie world bosses, of a sort... There is the large droid who hangs out in the pavilion on Tython, and on Ord Mantell there is a Savrip Champion on the island where all the heroics are...

Eh, those aren't world bosses as much as random world champions, which pretty much all of the other planets have as well. WBs are predicated upon actually requiring a full ops group of appropriately leveled people to take em out. You can tackle the champs on Ord/Tython with any pair of reasonably competent players (I've killed the Savrip champ *loads* of times on Ord with another Trooper).

I would actually love to see all the starter worlds get some more attention, I mean you spend at best a couple of hours there and then if you pop back at all it's just a quick flying visit just so you can have a cut-scene conversation.

I think it would be fun if all 4 planets got a WB for higher level players, maybe an instanced one like Xeno II from the Gree event, make the minimum lvl of the boss be 50 but make it scale in difficulty based on the average lvl of the group.

You can tackle the champs on Ord/Tython with any pair of reasonably competent players (I've killed the Savrip champ *loads* of times on Ord with another Trooper).

The droid on Tython is definitely much stronger than any enemies on the other three starting planets though; you could say it's sort of an 'introductory world boss'. The Savrip you can do with just yourself and your companion very easily with a hefty Presence stat from legacy, but when I tried the Tython droid with the same Presence stat, I barely knocked a quarter of his health down.

Edited by partylikeaturtle

There's no Balmorra WB for republic..

Not on the instance you hit for the 30s. The WB only exists on the 15-20 planet. So there won't be a WB on repub Balmorra or Imp Taris (I never said that both of the instances for each faction had a WB).

It seems Kitru doesn't know all:

I was under the assumption that the Ancient One got outright removed shortly after release to preserve the WB balance between the factions. I vaguely remember something about that happening, though it's been over a year and a half and I'm not a Imp player at all so /shrug.

PS. *I've* never said that I know all. Other people say it about me. I just claim that I know more than pretty much anyone else. :p

Balmorra and Taris (both of which have faction specific instances of the planet) have separate WBs as well. As long as there are an equal number of WBs for each side and their levels are matched, it's possible.

I'm kind of curious where the OP is getting this from, however, not to mention why he thinks it might be a 55 WB on a *starting* planet (it's not the whole "WB on starting planet" that gets me; it's the "level 55" aspect).

No. The Balmorra on rep side has no WB. Which is a design flaw from the beginning...

EDIT: Stop beating me to it :mad:

Edited by ToMyMa

yikes, that's true, there is no WB on republic side balmorra. The devs should correct this. Maybe an oversized collicoid at the lake near the bugtown outpost would be awesome, or an enormous droid on sobrik's spaceport :D

Or what they would probably do if they did anything at all would just be to take the imperial balmorra WB (the Grandfather) and plop it into the republic side with a lot more HP. And then accidentally add a million HP to the imperial one in the process :p