Where are the White and Purple crystals

awsomej

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to provide a bit more information regarding the questions from the thread author.

Located in the Developer Tracker in regards to the white crystal removal in Game Update 1.2 by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller:

Georg

I know the team wants to save some of the discoveries for suprises but what about the imfamous white crystals? Are they much easier to get/harder? I have the idea of creating a Miraluka Sith Inquistor with white gear and white saber or maybe one for my main.

I would create an Inquisitor now and buy the crystal but I want the Miraluka and that requires 1.2 to do it. What will happen with the white crystals after the vendor is gone?

Answered this before, but here we go:

In 1.2 there is no way of getting a white crystal.

We will probably introduce some way to obtain the crystal through gameplay at some point in the future (definitely not in 1.2, likely not in 1.3), but whatever that ends up being, it will not be as easy as walking up to that vendor.

Located in Game Update 1.2 patch notes regarding changes to achieving purple crystals:

Vendors

• The PvP items vendor now sells Baradium Flux, a grade 7 PvP crafting material used in the construction of Blue, Cyan, Purple, and Yellow Expertise color crystals.

We hope this is of some assistance! :)

Why would you remove a simple color from the game, unless it caused technical issues? Seems rather ridiculous to fuss over it.

"Hear the news Joe?"

"No. What?"

"They got rid of the White crayon."

"................................."

Why would you remove a simple color from the game, unless it caused technical issues? Seems rather ridiculous to fuss over it.

"Hear the news Joe?"

"No. What?"

They removed it because it was meant as a bonus for people who could afford and were playing the game. Folks who come along after 1.2 or didn't have the money in time aren't able to currently get it. Basically, it was meant as something special and to get some money out of the game economy.

Because some things are designed to be limited. Makes you feel a bit unique if you got it. Same with the "Founder"-title et cetera.

Edited by Veniras

"Hear the news Joe?"

"No. What?"

its cause someone cheated to get it and i think that exploit is still there they probably dont want people finding it

its cause someone cheated to get it and i think that exploit is still there they probably dont want people finding it

That hat looks lovely on you..it's all shiny...wait a sec...is that tinfoil?

The white crystal was available from a vendor...no one had to exploit to get one...just have the cash. And it was removed, as posted, because people like having rare things.

The very first white crystal 'found' was indeed obtained through illegitimate means - these individuals were dealt with and the exploit fixed. For several weeks before 1.2 was released there was a vendor that sold white crystals legitimately for 2.5 million credits. The vendor was removed with the release of 1.2 - all the colors he sold except white are still in the game, but obtained through other means. Purple can be obtained in either PVP or PVE endgame gear, and supposedly crafting, although there are no confirmed reports of how to obtain the schematic.

Certain colors should be rare and hard to obtain, it gives us something to work for and sets each of our characters apart. If everyone's running around with purple sabers, it's not so special anymore. How many white, purple or black-core crystals did we ever see in any previous Star Wars lore, including movies, books, cartoons, etc? Even yellow and orange, while considered 'common' in SWTOR, were actually not common in any previous lore. These things are rare and 'unique' to certain characters in most cases; not every Joe Blow and his brother should run around with them.

Edit: (warning, speculation!) even though white was removed 'permanently' from the game, I think most of us expect to see it again at some point in a future patch, although there is no telling how long that may be.

Edited by Natarii