Offhand itemization still terrible in 1.3

flem

It's still Crit+Accuracy, unlike Snipers who get Power. Yep, this puts our likely Crit way over 400. Save for that extra pair of boots now... Edited by flem

well idk, its easily moddable i guess? relatively compared to snipers.

also the fact that you can always have a pair even if you only get double of mainhand/offhand tokens or so.

just glad we have the boots, other classes doesnt seem to have that luxury.

Edited by Wesgile

well idk, its easily moddable i guess? relatively compared to snipers.

also the fact that you can always have a pair even if you only get double of mainhand/offhand tokens or so.

just glad we have the boots, other classes doesnt seem to have that luxury.

If by easily moddable you mean we can farm 2000 more rated warzone commendations, then sure! It's sure easy! Also, anybody can buy our boots and rip the enhancements out of them. This is still a disadvantage for us.

Edited by ZDProletariat

If by easily moddable you mean we can farm 2000 more rated warzone commendations, then sure! It's sure easy! Also, anybody can buy our boots and rip the enhancements out of them. This is still a disadvantage for us.

Disadvantage?

Just buy two Mainhands.

You have a higher proc rate due to offhand weapon.

Compare your offhand weapon to my Guardian offhand Focus.

You have 70 more skill points including 38 points of Expertise and an additional Augment slot on top.

That is a disadvantage.

Edited by Sabredance

Disadvantage?

Just buy two Mainhands.

You have a higher proc rate due to offhand weapon.

Compare your offhand weapon to my Guardian offhand Focus.

You have 70 more skill points including 38 points of Expertise and an additional Augment slot on top.

That is a disadvantage.

I was assuming the OP is talking about War Hero and Campaign level gear since the old stuff is so easy to get. In that regard, neither the mainhand nor the offhand have power mods.

I'm not sure why you even brought up Guardians though. Our two hits increases proc rates for your defenses and increases our need for accuracy since the offhand misses more. The only skill the Gunslinger gets that benefits from an offhand is speed shot, and that only to proc the reduced cast aimed shot which only the people using the first tree would use.

In 1.3 you will be able to augment your Focus as well.

This discussion wasn't about comparing offhands of different classes. It was about comparing the need for us to spend a lot more time PVPing to get the same stat distribution we want that snipers will get much easier.