How is Sniper in PVP?

Z-ToXiN

Sniper has far more survivability than vanguard and powertech in DPS specs.

MM is very gear dependant, I plan on playing that once I have war hero. But for now Im playing A hybrid spec and enjoying myself immensely.

http://s18.postimage.org/pz98jeill/Screenshot_2012_06_06_00_26_28_566354.jpg

One of my games from this week. Currently in battlemaster gear with only the WH weapon.

There's a massive amount of healing in that game too, which you have to have to be able to hit those numbers. I don't think I've ever seen 700k + healing. Were you successfully landing OS after OS to put out those numbers?

Edited by Smaugbelly

There's a massive amount of healing in that game too, which you have to have to be able to hit those numbers. I don't think I've ever seen 700k + healing. Were you successfully landing OS after OS to put out those numbers?

Not really, People arent dumb even in pugs on my server. So they try to move out of it, But I try to stun grenade them to get a tick of it on them and then instantly root one of them in place once that breaks for another tick. The majority of the damage is from dots, the aoe dot from lethality, and from the fragmentation grenade, for me in that spec frag grenade is on a 3 second cooldown and crits for 2500-2700 due to all the buffs to it out of both trees. Which hits 5 targets, so its nice aoe.

I actually use orbital strike as bait, like in voidstar or whichever warzone, the healers tend to stand together, or what have you, and you drop orbital on them, I try to get a tick on them or root one over it. But they do get out of it, and usually move to a new area to heal the group. When they find this new area, I just aoe them there with corrosive grenade and frag grenade, with a few corrosive darts on them as well.

The spec is also nice for killing solo targets when the need arises, but its extremely energy intensive. 3 dots, shattershot, drop in cover, explosive probe (with the residual probes after which is being buffed/changed in our favor in 1.3) And you cull, you get a 3k+ initial usually, then the cull and its procs, plus the extra bomb ticks, and the dots themselves ticking. The only real weakness to this spec is a couple healers who cleanses thier *** off. But usually if you have another good DPS in there they cant stop to most of the time, except on themselves. The guy who healed for 700k, he cleansed himself alot, so I didnt bother with him. Plus he stayed away from bunching with anyone, so he was a priority 8 target for me.

Yeah there was quite a bit of healing. But there was also quite a bit of tanks. Maybe not guarding, But as you know with a sniper killing guardians or shadows can be hit or miss. Especially when you pop in cover to do white damage for filler situations.

I have been trying MM in PvP for a few days now (full BM, no WH gear), and I must say that it is both good and bad. EP -> Ambush + FT gives huge burst damage, and the on-demand damage is really good too, though I feel that without the burst, the spec doesn't do much damage at all, especially against tanks or anyone who has some sort of reflection ability.