Introducing SWTORGuildHQ.com!

Ludwig_VanCover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic GUILD HQ

(aka LFGuild)

BETA - Version 1.1 (8/25)

http://www.swtorguildhq.com

Hello there!

I am proud to introduce the SWTORGuildHQ database! This project is to make an effort to bring back the original, pre-launch, guild database that SWTOR once had. We have recently released Beta 1.1 and are very eager to spread the word around about us!

Our developers have over 50 years experience combined between them and are active members of the SWTOR community. Our website is designed to be optimized for both desktop and mobile use, using the latest CSS and HTML5 in our coding. We are very open to suggestions from the community and are founded by public and private donations from members of the SWTOR community! With that, we are able to remain free of ads as well as provide our developers the freedom to explore new features for our tool!

We are currently hard at work to prepare for an October 6th release date! Before then, we are working on new features, fixing bugs, and of course- doing the MOST IMPORTANT thing - adding guilds to our directory. For a quick preview of features currently planned and/or in testing include: Guild Rep (share a link and your guild will appear higher up in searches), MyExperience (share your personal experiences with a guild - note that all entries are moderated to only allow constructive feedback), AND MORE I CANNOT SHARE!

Our guild registry tab currently is down as we are still working on manually updating our website and we currently do not have the code implemented to allow automated submissions. To add your guild to our database, you will need to send us an email! Here are the steps:

- Create a new email and have support@swtorguildhq.com as the receiver

- Include the following in your email:

* Server Region (US or EU)

* Server Name

* Guild Name

* Allegiance (the republic or the empire)

* Guild Leader's Name

* Guild Website (if one exists)

* Voice-Chat Required?

* Is There an Application Process?

* Guild Playtype (please select your primary focus and list it first. Searches will be initially done on what a guild primarily focuses on. We plan to release an option to search for multiple playtypes)

Please note that our email submissions are read by one of four people and we actually verify what we can - also remember we are real people and that we spend numerous hours doing this work all for free - please do not send us emails about how you hate our developers, how a guild has a higher rank, or why can't I pay you to make my guild appear first in a search... WE WILL BLACKLIST YOUR EMAIL! We seriously love all you guys but negativity won't get us anywhere - WE DO allow CREATIVE CRITICISM but not responses like "This sucksz" or "This was a waste of my time".

Everyone, please enjoy and countdown with us as we approach the 10/6 final version release!

Great site! Looks wonderful. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you hover over the register tab its spelled registar. Again, not trying to be that guy.. I know that I'd want someone to point it out if it were my project.

Oh! lol thank you for alerting me! Since I am working on providing translations, I don't have a spell check enabled since I was working on German/French at the same time. I have updated the local.en.lang file and changes should be noted in a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Where have we been, you may ask...

We have been hard at work on our desktop client! We are still experiencing some nasty technical issues, such as connecting to our patch/update server, but things are moving along!

More guild indexs are coming, so stay tuned and remember to keep submitting those guilds!

Our initial desktop client build is ready but access to the desktop side will not be enabled until this weekend. Since this is an early BETA test build, we except there to be some bugs. The design is still placeholder work but we do expect there to be a design change!

The installer can be downloaded one of two ways:

***No Bandwidth: http://download.swtorguildhq.com/download/94df1948da75f07b1ee0c3e5f583a4e2

***10KB/s Download Link: http://download.swtorguildhq.com/download/3147be7cd84b9f994e74abc67a8a6be3

When you install, the default directory will be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild HQ by The Army of Light\

C:\Program Files\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild HQ by The Army of Light\

We have not done testing but changing the install directory should not interfere with the program

Version Controlling

When you install you will be asked for a serial number - this will be removed at a future build, but to ensure version controlling we require a serial number. The serial number for the current build is: 2y5g-nTEv-fIVY-LcF2-WAUD

Patching

Most of our updated will not require a new install (or patch), however you will be prompt in the program itself if there is a new update.

EDIT: This issue has been resolved! Please force your browser to reset its cache for our website: Crtl + R (mac) ALT + f5 (windows)

=====EXCLUDE THIS INFO=====

We are currently working on a solution to a CSS bug causing the search results to go off the page.

Edited by Ludwig_VanCover

APPLICATION UPDATE!

We have deployed a new update to version 2.0 of our desktop application! If you ALREADY have the application installed, you need to either a) open the application, copy the download link, and open the link in a browser - or b) simply click on this link and update the program: http://cdn-www.swtorguildhq.com/patches/client_update.exe

If you do NOT have the application, you will need to do a full install from our distribution link - info is found in this spoiler:

Download at: http://download.swtorguildhq.com/download/94df1948da75f07b1ee0c3e5f583a4e2

Install in default location (preferred to keep manual patching easy!)

When you run the installer, use this serial number to install: 2y5g-nTEv-fIVY-LcF2-WAUD

We have done a massive design change and we have started work on the custom desktop display of the database - it is very awesome! An image of the application (without the database open) is: http://imageshack.us/a/img27/2450/7mxt.jpg

Current change log info:

• Changed application workspace design
  • Removed the option to report bugs
  • Autoupdater has been introduced to alert users of updates
  • Framework for new tools have been added to the source code
  • Framework to check if your PC has a VOIP program for a certain guild you are looking at in the database - if you do not have it (say Ventrilo), you will be alerted and directed to the VOIP installers!

Thank you everyone for your love and support! Please keep posting your comments about the desktop application!

how are you getting the information in the results page? are you creating your own database or mining an existing one?

We are creating our own database (with the help of some of my awesome friends!) and the fact of why it is so small is because at this time is all manual additions as well has some human verification. Like posts before said we are working on an automated process. If you have downloaded the desktop client you can see a little bit how the OFFLINE version will work - we have copied our database into .asset files and we will use them for an offline mode.

Next Week's Planned Updates:

• Introduce User Registration
  • Offer an API for using our guild directory

A note on User Registration -

We will be deploying the web based registration and a few days after you will see an update for the client. Registering will allow you to add your characters to a guild, provide more information about your guild (say you want to add or remove certain information.. we will try our best to verify all edits), get updates sent to your email about any new program updates (optional), and more!

A note on OpenGuildDatabase

As we grow our database, we know some websites may want to use our directory as a way to allow for searching, linking characters to a guild, etc. We also know that the guilds we have had contact us want to make sure their information is correct and not altered. We will only be releasing the API through a secure process requiring the party wanting to have access to our database fill out a request form.

This request form will require information such as: Intended Use; Website; Link(s) to pages that will/may connect to our API; Owner of Website - we will also have a terms of use and require that all information pulled from our database is not altered in anyway. This form will be sent to use via email and we will manually process the requests. If a request is granted, we will email the contact with their websites own key to connect to our database, as well as references to how we have our API currently set up. If a request is denied, we will give reason to why it was denied and you will have you wait a week (7 days) before you can resubmit a request. That being said, please fill out our API request form to the fullest.

Wait, I do not want my guild in the API!

We understand why some guild may not want to be included in our API database, however we ensure you that if your guild's information is improperly modified via the recipients website, we will deny them access to the database and remove all API keys they may have. It is important to note that NO ONE can change the information in OUR database unless the person who SUBMITTED the edits was the first person who contacted us - else we double check with human verification before we make any type of edit. If you wish to be removed from our API database, you will need to contact us at support@swtorguildhq.com with your guild's name, your name, and why you wish it to be removed. We will attempt to verify your identity as either the guild leader or an officer of the guild.

TLDR; no one can change your guild's data' - being in the API database means more ways of gamers to find your guild!

MORE INFO TO COME!

I don't get what to do on this website. I thought, it is intended to search for guilds. I expected to be able to browse through a server's guilds or something. Why do I have to enter a search term? Since I entered a wildcard search term (*), I get warning messages in some /home/ludwig01... I cannot change my search anymore. How is it possible to see the guilds of my server ToFN? Edited by keeroo

I don't get what to do on this website. I thought, it is intended to search for guilds. I expected to be able to browse through a server's guilds or something. Why do I have to enter a search term? Since I entered a wildcard search term (*), I get warning messages in some /home/ludwig01... I cannot change my search anymore. How is it possible to see the guilds of my server ToFN?

Good Afternoon,

First of all, thank you for your bug report! I am currently working on resolving the wildcard search term - I am pleased to let you know, however, you can do a wildcard search with a few letters - so ARM* would work (it would pull up guilds with arm in it) , however Army * will not work. Like I said I am currently working on a fix for this.

If you want to search for guilds on a certain server, at this time you would need to type the server name, HOWEVER I am pleased to also let you know that when we take down our site this week for updates, we will be adding this option as a dropdown selection box!

We are still indexing guilds and we welcome all guilds to use the email method mentioned above or wait for our script to reach their guild. We are also working on creating characters on each server (two on each - one imp one rep) that are representatives of us and will scout for more manual additions.

I hope this helps!

We have released beta test client build 2.1.0.1 - please check for updated in the program itself!

This weekend, we will be closing our public testing and will prepare the final version for Oct. 1st! We will remind everyone in the program that they will need to uninstall the program by Monday, Sept.30th, so there will be no conflicting aseets in the instal directory. We will also be removing the original serial number requirement so the program can be installed at will.

PLEASE UNINSTALL ALL BETA BUILDS!

Everyone will need to download the retail client at http://www.swtorguildhq.com/download.php

If you are unsure if you have the retail client, check where the program was installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild Headquarters - Desktop Client or C:\Program Files\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild Headquarters - Desktop Client), and look for a folder called SWTOR Guild Headquarters - Desktop Client. If you do not see that, uninstall and click the download link above.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE BETA CLIENT - YOU WILL DOWNLOAD THE WRONG FILES.

We are unable to update beta clients to the retail client because the beta client used different resources/assets and would require a larger download/more complicated instructions

Getting back to the web development side of things..

We are preparing to release an option to allow anyone to link TORParse.com logs to a certain guild using an online form. Once the form is submitted, we generate data about the raid that was linked and we post a guild raid overview that can be viewed by simply clicking on a guild name in a search. We are only posting statistics on a KILL - wipes will not be displayed.

For example, if I submit this parse for The Army of Light's HM DF run, http://www.torparse.com/g/8663, this is what would happen -

I fill out the form - directed to a splash page saying statistics will be generated within 24 hours - That form you submitted and queue to be "dug upon" by server side scripting, where it looks at the boss kills on the left, determines if it was a kill/wipe, player names, DPS/eHPS(HPS), and soon if it were a HM, SM, or NiM boss (this later portion would require manual browsing to determine the level of difficulty). Once it is determined that it was a Kill, it was an operation's boss, and that the parse does indeed belong to the guild that it should be with. general statistics are generated, including graphs, player ranks, and more.

It is a complicated process but it is something that I think will be an added bonus to submitted a guild to us, as well as using us to search for a guild!

More info to come, including a release date, soon!