mission - false emperor

EmmaSalvatore

ok so im doing this mission solo an it seems impossible ive tried about 20 times now and its stressing me out, ive gone to the main hang out where you have the jedi hangers and asked if anyone can help me and no one is willing to help what do i do??

Where are you failing? Is it at one of the bosses? Which one?

What level are you?

What class?

What is your gear like? (look top-left in your character panel - there should be an average gear rating listed)

In your on-screen mission log, is the flashpoint listed as [sTORY] or [VETERAN]? Veteran mode is meant for four players, not just one, whereas Story mode is for a single player character accompanied by one companion and one GSI Combat Support Droid (more commonly called the Jesus droid or Godbot).

If the flashpoint itself is listed as [VETERAN], you'ill have to abandon it (not the mission that tells you to finish the flashpoint, but the flashpoint itself), then, while outside any instance (no yellow doodad at the top of the screen with your character's name in it), right-click you character portrait and navigate the menus to find and left-click on "Reset Active Phases".

If you're getting through to Darth Malgus, never ever stand between him and the edge of the bridge, since he has a big knockback and that will send you off the bridge into a bottomless pit.

If you're getting to the one with the ship outside the window, er... Well, sorry, it's been a *long* time since I last went through that stuff solo, so I don't remember how that one worked, but if memory serves, the consoles play a big part.

its tregg the destroyer that i cant get pass, no matter what i do i just cant defeat him

level 53 but it drops me to level 50 on this mission, i can wear light armour

OK, that's still a little vague. Open up your character panel ("C") and tell us the "Item Rating" in the top-left corner.

For a level 53 character, it should normally be around 138 if you have the strongest Fleet-sourced gear you can get. (Go to the "Level 52 Modification Vendor" in the Supplies section of the Fleet, or inside the base on Ilum.)

Now tell us your actual class. "I can wear light armour" tells us nothing useful, since *all* classes can wear light armour(1). If you mean "I can only wear light armour", that means you are one of:

* Sith Assassin

* Sith Sorcerer

* Jedi Shadow

* Jedi Sage

Which one? And then open your "K" panel and tell us your discipline.

Now check your companion in the "N" panel. What is your influence rank with the companion? On the left-hand side of the panel, there is a scrollable list of names. Look by each name: if you haven't changed anything, there will be a bar-with-triangle symbol indicating that the companion is a healer, and then regardless there will be a number in a circle. That is the companion's Influence rank - it can go up to 50. What is it?

Now, back to the flashpoint. Do you have the flashpoint in [VETERAN] or [sTORY]? Veteran mode will be significantly harder than Story mode because it's meant to be done by four players. If it is in Veteran, exit the flashpoint, abandon the FP mission, and abandon the [VETERAN] flashpoint mission. Do not abandon the mission that tells you do go through False Emperor, but the mission granted by trying to do the flashpoint. Now right-click on your character portrait and navigate through the menu to find something like "Reset Active Phases" and click it.

Now, when you go back to try again, speak to the NPC by the entrance to the flashpoint (Commander Gerault on the Empire side) and make sure to select 1 [start Story Mode].

Story mode provides you with the God Bot / Jesus Droid, an all-powerful helper whose proper name is "GSI Combat Support Droid". The God Bot is more or less capable of stomping the boss all by itself, BUT:

Tregg has a powerful knockback, just like his boss. Try to avoid getting caught in it, and in any event, do not let yourself get knocked off the bridge by this attack.

(1) Yes, even Troopers and Bounty Hunters, the archetypal heavy-armour classes, *can* (but should in general not) wear light armour.

item rating is 113

im jedi Sentinel, it doesnt mention anywhere of a jedi shadow or mage

Disipline path is 54

companion rank is lord scourge at 9/50 and kira is the highest with 13

and the flashpoint is story

54 is not a discipline. The Jedi Sentinel disciplines are shown in the dropdown menu in the top-left of the "K" panel; Watchman, Combat, or Concentration.

Jedi Sentinel can wear medium armour as well as light, and you should be wearing medium or adaptive (which behaves like the heaviest you can wear, i.e. medium for a Sentinel).

Go *urgently* to a Level 52 Modification Vendor and buy a full set of modifications item rating 138) for your armour and weapons. That will raise your effective Item Rating to 138. Buy Versatile armourings and hilts, Lethal mods, and (my general recommendation) three Quick Savant, two Initiative and two Adept enhancements.

If necessary, buy a set of "orange" modifiable gear from the <Adaptive Gear Vendor> on the Fleet so that you can use the modifications.

OK, back to the fight itself. Take your highest-Influence companion, Kira. You want the most firepower and/or healing potential you can get, and that means the one with the highest Influence. Do you get the GSI Combat Support Droid? There have been reports of it not appearing for some people.

And always always always when you're up against a boss with knockbacks, be very, very aware of where "fallable" edges are, and make sure the boss can't throw you over them into a bottomless pit.

ive got it on combat

where do i find the level 52 vendor

i did have to the droid but it keeps disappearing before i get the to tregg i assume he died not sure though

What server do you play on? If you're on star forge i can help you out if you would like

In game characters you can find me on are Anddrew, Andrate, Kagongo, Eralin, Liorata

where do i find the level 52 vendor

i did have to the droid but it keeps disappearing before i get the to tregg i assume he died not sure though

Go to the Fleet. Look on the map for the "Supplies" section. The Level 52 vendor is in the outermost section of that. Go round the bays and you'll find it.

If you're having problems with the droid vanishing, don't forget that you can re-summon it using the little button by the flashpoint mission in the on-screen mission log.

Aye, there's often something you miss if you don't specifically look for it or someone who knows tells you. I didn't know there was a "leave the flashpoint" button for a long time, for example. I'd always walk to the physical object that let me exit because, well, whenever the button was added no one bothered to make sure custom quickbars didn't cover it...

Good luck with Malgus. ;)

I didn't know there was a "leave the flashpoint" button for a long time, for example. I'd always walk to the physical object that let me exit because, well, whenever the button was added no one bothered to make sure custom quickbars didn't cover it...

It doesn't help that the button isn't big enough to be called "tiny".