Aries_cz's story videos

Aries_cz

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Current story video

Gilina, The Huntress (YouTube playlist)

http://images.sw-tor.cz/story_videa/gilina_title.jpg

Finished story videos

Smuggler

Missing part 6 from Alderaan due to file corruption

Sith Warrior

http://images.sw-tor.cz/story_videa/zendikar_title.png

Edited by Aries_cz

• 2 weeks later...

Part 5 from the overheated sandbox named Tatooine is up, still with no combat or travel. I will try adding them for Alderann, but I usually suck terribly at fighting anything stronger than silver mobs with my UI hidden, so it will be interesting...

As before, watch from top link, or directly from here - http://goo.gl/oad4w9

Edited by Aries_cz

Added

from war-torn Alderaan. Per suggestions, I tried adding some travel/combat scenes, although some did not end up like I imagined, I still have lot to learn in that respect.

, showing the finale of Act 1 (post-Alderaan to turning Jasea to my side), is up, I had to split the videos in two to keep them at some sort of more "watchable" size Edited by Aries_cz

Right, now that I am caught up on the story I have watched your new videos.

I must say that, much like my videos, you did tend to include a bit too much traveling and combat in the end.

It's a hard balancing act.

I have been including much too much travel and combat in my videos, and as of the next video I edit (which will b the alderaan one), I will be trying to make it more like they would in a movie.

They wouldn't show the entire walk/ride from point A to point B.

Nor would they show every single enemy the hero kills going into an enemy stronghold.

They would just cut in a bit of travel to show that the hero goes from point A to point B (and sometimes not even that), and they would just cut in some of the action in the stronghold before the hero meets the big baddie or rescues whatever...

I'm going to try to make more action-y cuts from now on. Just using it as flavouring between the cutscenes and maby to show off some of the beauty that is in the game if you actually bother to look for it :)

• 1 month later...

I am back after my hardest finals this semester, so I will now have some time to go through all the material from chapter 2 I recorded before Christmas but never gotten around to cut and upload.

Here is

, showing the first mission of the newest Lord in Emperor's arsenal

I have completed all of Chapter 2 before Christmas (I needed the companions for GSF achievement :) ), so the material is there, I just need to glue it together

is up

I think we are in a race then since I am in the same situation :)

Chapter 2 done and I just need to edit it hehehe.

Last part of the actual story of chapter 2 is going up today tho.

After that I'll put up 2 videos chronicling the events taking place between chapter 2 and chapter 3 concerning the companions (including a wedding :D )

now available.

Sadly, I somehow managed to lose several part of this recording, including some fights, but more importantly conversation with the apprentice/spy of Lord Baras...

Ouch :(

Hate it when that happens.

Yeah, I am embarking on the companion storylines next. I'll have to separate it into 2 vids since it's almost an hour if I don't :)

Still gonna stick to my 2 vids per week goal tho :)

• 4 weeks later...
from Belsavis is up, enjoy.

Apologies for how some companions look in custscenes, for some reason, even dyes suffer from the same bug as Unify Colors during ship cutscenes...

Yeah, I think I told you that, but I might have missed it.

Always use the default colours of outfits for companions and try to colour match manually instead of using the unify colours feature.

Companions are basically completely screwed up in 1/3 of all the storyline cutscenes if you don't :(

Yeah, I think I told you that, but I might have missed it.

Always use the default colours of outfits for companions and try to colour match manually instead of using the unify colours feature.

Companions are basically completely screwed up in 1/3 of all the storyline cutscenes if you don't :(

Yeah, I supposed that at least the dyes would work, as I did dye them all, but is seems to suffer from the same problem as Unify colors. It is a shame though, as lot of the armors look really cool together when color matched or dyed...

Well, the story videos with Zendikar are more or less my first attempt at this, I learned a lot that I will apply in my Scoundrel videos... which will start soon™ as I am almost through Corellia with this series