People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

ZeusThunder

It's painfully obvious in all these posts about TM and GR that the OP just doesn't know much about PvP. If you can't recognize the fact that these specs will always get beat in a 1v1 fight and are very susceptible to LOS then you just shouldn't be posting your "insights" for everyone to see.

These people are probably just letting themselves get nuked by these classes and came to the determination that if it killed them it must be OP.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's painfully obvious in all these posts about TM and GR that the OP just doesn't know much about PvP. If you can't recognize the fact that these specs will always get beat in a 1v1 fight and are very susceptible to LOS then you just shouldn't be posting your "insights" for everyone to see.

These people are probably just letting themselves get nuked by these classes and came to the determination that if it killed them it must be OP.

Just one question: why did you make this thread?

I've never complained about it, but if

can happen something is wrong.

to save you watching the vid, guy only has tracer on his hotbar, finished 2nd damage overall, top damage on his team and has 8 medals.

I have no personal issue with grav/tracer, that doesn't mean it's not dumb.

to save you watching the vid, guy only has tracer on his hotbar, finished 2nd damage overall, top damage on his team and has 8 medals.

You should pay closer attention to his opponents than to him.

If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?

Edited by Vyron_Deckard

Pretty much. All you have to do is put 1 melee on a merc/commando and they're done.

This

Always have a hard time with Marauders on my Commando. They Just attack to fast, and I usually have to use CC and spam heal 1 vs 1. Until help arrives. I hope they plan on adding a collision mechanic to stop them from going through me to cause LOS on my abilities not known as Grav Round

Clearly the other team was not very good. Cause spamming grav round/tracer missile without following up with your insta cast abilities gimps your character. All you would have had to do is interrupt and LoS him and he would have been useless. So again the team he was playing against was 8 bads who just stood there and let him spam tracer missile

Oh please....just stop. It's lolop'd. I don't care how bad the other players are....1 button puts you as top dps on your team, something is out of balance. It's joke you BH/Troops even attempt to defend it. It is going to get nerfed, you can bet on it. It really doesn't matter how many of you post that it's fine as is, or that other players are bad, or that it's only used that way by bad players, blah, blah, blah. It's op'd and it's gettign nerfed. Any nails that stick up in MMO's inevitably get hammered back down in due time. This is just another nail waiting to be hammered down. :)

If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?

I suppose if you're finding Sniper/OP too complex you could try rolling a merc - fair warning though, you're going to get interrupted, shut down and murdered by anyone who's not afk. Or dumb.

Keep smiling, it's only a game.

Oh please....just stop. It's lolop'd. I don't care how bad the other players are....1 button puts you as top dps on your team, something is out of balance. It's joke you BH/Troops even attempt to defend it. It is going to get nerfed, you can bet on it. It really doesn't matter how many of you post that it's fine as is, or that other players are bad, or that it's only used that way by bad players, blah, blah, blah. It's op'd and it's gettign nerfed. Any nails that stick up in MMO's inevitably get hammered back down in due time. This is just another nail waiting to be hammered down. :)

Let me make this more simple for you:

Class A can not beat any other class in a 1v1 fight. Is class A overpowered?

Let me make this more simple for you:

Class A can not beat any other class in a 1v1 fight. Is class A overpowered?

Very possibly because the game isn't balanced around 1v1 fights. But if you're implying that Troopers/BH cannot win 1v1 against anybody than you're doing it wrong.

LOL, you people just flat out SUCK. Sniper's "gimmicky mechanic" makes it such that they can't be interrupted while mercenaries can be interrupted which is exactly their weakness.

This game has the most ignorant and whiniest PvP community of any MMORPG ever.

I don't complain because I get killed by it, its easy to deal with once you know you are getting hit by it.

I complain about how easy it is to get those kinds of numbers by spamming one ability though. As opposed to other classes that have to build up into a rotation or forced to get in melee/los them.

Its a matter of effort/effectiveness.

Pretty much. All you have to do is put 1 melee on a merc/commando and they're done.

Yeah because mercs/commandos can't stun, root, snare, knockback?

Put an operative on a merc/commando in huttball and operative is a pinball.

Oh man my sides were hurting from laughing so hard! That video is gold! It's funny seeing tards defend their class when literally pushing one button is all you need. I believe monkeys can be trained to play this way as well.