Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

Tattum

I believe many of you have noticed this already , but I'll rather post in in this section as well..

Does this mean that we might just see the light in the end of the nerf tunnel ?

A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

-eric

PS .. let's not get our hopes up , we might get screwed like in 2.5 with allmighty overload shot buff..

Edited by Tattum

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best case scenario they aren't bs'ing us and concealment get's buffed to the point of relevancy. Lethality doesn't really need major increases but could use a little quality of life perhaps. The raw numbers are already there though.

Hopefully there's some changes for medicine in that patche too. I honestly could care less if they buff or nerf me I just want things mixed up a little.

Course, it could be another overload shot buff :')

Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.

Truely amazing that throughout the brainstorming thread every top rated operative/scoundrel, including yourself, screamed for defensive buffs and yet we get a dps buff. Good times.

Although I suppose we should be grateful to get any buff at all...

it is a bit strange that everyone calls for defensive buffs and they give an overload shot buff, which is useless, if you ask me .. and now they just straight up buff dps .. ill take it for sure, but thats not what we were calling for .. more survivability would have been just fine ..

i will dominate if they buff us "fairly significantly" ..

I believe many of you have noticed this already , but I'll rather post in in this section as well..

Does this mean that we might just see the light in the end of the nerf tunnel ?

PS .. let's not get our hopes up , we might get screwed like in 2.5 with allmighty overload shot buff..

Hopefully something epic like each time you coat your knife in acid, you increase the damage of your next hidden strike/backstab by 20%, stacks 5 times.

Aside from the obvious lol factor in hitting somebody from stealth for 14k+, it would be funny to see people constantly coating their knives in stealth and would at the very least be similar to LOLAPPTs using flame sweep repeatedly to build stacks for the LOLFlamethrower.

But yeah....if they buff overload shot again....

Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.

That "fairly significant" bit might be enough, considering they called the overload buff small... Maybe we get our burst back? I've been arguing for defensive buffs for a while but who knows. Maybe they made HS and BS on par with mauls! Just run three conc ops and one healer, it'll work! lol

That "fairly significant" bit might be enough, considering they called the overload buff small... Maybe we get our burst back? I've been arguing for defensive buffs for a while but who knows. Maybe they made HS and BS on par with mauls! Just run three conc ops and one healer, it'll work! lol

Ugh, I know you guys like your burst comps, but would you want to live in a quadruple operative (double concealment, double medicine) arena world?

If they buff the damage of explosive probe, I might cry. Not that I'll be subbed long enough to see the results, but I'm still curious to see the actual changes.

Edited by Morde_

I don't know why, but in Operative and Scoundrel forums the loudest voices are the PvP'ers. Unfortunately for you fellows, the vast majority of Ops and Scoundrels in the actual game play PvE and would like to be able to spec Concealment/Scrapper for raids instead of being pigeon holed into Lethality. Getting DPS on par with other classes is and always will be first priority over any survivability buffs. This is the same reason Rage is not nerfed because PvE comes first. Period.

I don't know why, but in Operative and Scoundrel forums the loudest voices are the PvP'ers. Unfortunately for you fellows, the vast majority of Ops and Scoundrels in the actual game play PvE and would like to be able to spec Concealment/Scrapper for raids instead of being pigeon holed into Lethality. Getting DPS on par with other classes is and always will be first priority over any survivability buffs. This is the same reason Rage is not nerfed because PvE comes first. Period.

Its not a pigeon whole if you only have one other tree to pick from. Scoundrels/Operatives have two trees to pick from right now for end game pve.

I think BW knew that most of the people still playing dps scoundrels are in pve, which would explain the note that dps scoundrels are recieving some added damage. The words were chosen carefully.

That being said however I think its probably going to be some baseline tweeks. Guessing any further without more info is going to be based on assumptions. Right now Im just waiting for the patch notes.

Sorry for politely expressing our views. :(

We'll go back to our corner now, please don't hurt us, master race PvEr!

Edited by Morde_

Sorry for politely expressing our views. :(

We'll go back to our corner now, please don't hurt us, master race PvEr!

So much this. RE: Our burst comps, meta has changed to double healer tank off tank or double tank double heal. Whole other level of burst comp, you run around doing zero damage for 28.5s, flash bang/fear everyone double probe maul/immolate/smash and global someone. Horribly unfun to play against. Glory and I are gone, when Turrican comes back we'll play for one more night to get them over 2k and then the two of us are gone for good. Dunno about night or turrican.

I may hang around/come back for 2.6 depending on level of operative buff. Only spec/class I still enjoy playing in this game.

Annoyingly enough I had initially planned something similar but with double concealment instead of running a second healer. Survivability was just too bad to use it.

Edited by Racter

Even in PVE surivability is a major issue for operatives/scoundrels. when we raided yesterday our slinger brought his scoundrel for fun and giggles and gave scrapper a go. He is an overall very good player, but since i was healing on my scoundrel it was major pain to keep him alive, and he was usually the first to die. in pvp and pve there are tons of aoe without and that is a major issue. Lethality might have an easier time since you have a lot of mid ranged attacks, but concealment need to straight at their butt so to say.

Actually even in PVE concealment damage isnt that bad, (in fact it was buff with 2.0, while the burst was nerfed). Thing in both kind of content is that the damage isnt so much of problem but survivability.

But i will no complain, if they by accident make us OP again, i will just gank around a bit and see how it goes.

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

•The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.

•A new Gunship variant.

•Two Bomber variants!

•...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

•A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

•Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.

•Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.

•Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.

•Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

gawd dam it BW, you are going to make me resub again aren't you... But as others have said, let's just see what gets changed... first.

:eek:

Edited by Ahebish

I may hang around/come back for 2.6 depending on level of operative buff. Only spec/class I still enjoy playing in this game.

Please, Racter, tell us more about your riveting plans.....

Edited by Transmet

at this point i'd be happy if they lowered the cooldown on backstab and/or removed the cooldown on shiv. That dead space in the middle of a 'rotation' is just freaking brutal to the flow.

That being said, if they raise the dps up considerably, to where the best defense is a good offense, i'm fine with that. But then the QQ about stun-locks will rear its ugly head again. They we'll get a nerf something along the lines of '25% damage increase on backstab when AB is active, but also has a 75% chance to cause 100% reflective damage to OP, causing him to giggle while respawning..

Even in PVE surivability is a major issue for operatives/scoundrels. when we raided yesterday our slinger brought his scoundrel for fun and giggles and gave scrapper a go. He is an overall very good player, but since i was healing on my scoundrel it was major pain to keep him alive, and he was usually the first to die. in pvp and pve there are tons of aoe without and that is a major issue. Lethality might have an easier time since you have a lot of mid ranged attacks, but concealment need to straight at their butt so to say.

Actually even in PVE concealment damage isnt that bad, (in fact it was buff with 2.0, while the burst was nerfed). Thing in both kind of content is that the damage isnt so much of problem but survivability.

But i will no complain, if they by accident make us OP again, i will just gank around a bit and see how it goes.

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement though I can see where you're coming from. I'm a Concealment PVEer mostly so I too have felt the cold sting of death in raids. BUT, I cannot blame it in the class survivability. If and when I do die, it's due to stealing aggro (obviously) and not wanting to “waste” a survival cd. But that's clearly my own fault. The innate impulse in us wanting to kill before being killed through sheer overpowering is just sometimes hard to resist ;P Anyway, the point is, if you drop the lonewolf mentality for just a minute, survivability does not become an issue in PVE whatsoever. My vanish/evasion/shield have proven to be more than effective in situations where I've become the main tank in a boss fight. Having reusable health packs have been a plus as well ^_^ Case in point, lack of survivability in PVE is really a(n) L2P issue. Our real issue as Conc PVEers was our sustained damage output due to eventual lack of energy. Hopefully, this “fairly significant damage boost” might fix this. Hopefully.

As for the PVP aspect of this change, I see it as a potential return of a good offense being the best defense. But, who knows. I do not PVP anywhere near as much as I used to but I blame that on my limited leisure time. But even so, I am aware that survivability clearly is the issue. Not so much damage output. And I say that from personal experience. Not just reiteration of the masses. I'm certain in time we will see that much needed PVP love.

At least a buff of sorts is on the way. Baby steps, ladies and gents, baby steps.

That's because, of all the specs in the game, it's probably the one most biased towards PvP. I haven't done a count by count analysis, but I say the tree has more PvP-friendly skills than any other. So it's in the dubious position of being the one spec literally built for PvP, and it can't PvP.

While I agree, Scrops are still tones of fun in PvE, I find myself usually having four of five skill points that are more or less wasted on irreverent (or at least mostly useless) skills.

That being said, if they raise the dps up considerably, to where the best defense is a good offense, i'm fine with that.

This would be fine fine norms--heck it would be fantastic. It's really not that hard to go a whole WZ match without dying. And still (as things are now) do pretty good damage. It might even be okay if they'd put WZ back into solo rated queue.

It still wouldn't be viable for Arenas.

as far as i see it, the Dmg and defensive CD should be useful, i agree concealment could get a small buff, maybe an under 30% buff, and give Sneak a real buff beside "movement Speed" like deception assassins, either way i Believe Each Class has usually 1 good spec to play with as pvp:

Operative : Most Op broken by far healing class

Jug / Mara: Most Op burst dmg with Rage useless in PvE

Merc: Pyro became quite high burst

PT: Tank PvP is one of the most OP.

Sniper: Anything would do here lol.

Assassin: Deception insane burst and only utility in PvP.

i think if there is a class that should complain here are sorcerers, they have an Average healer, and two average dpsers... at least Operatives has the most OP healing pvp class, Warriors smash noobs, etc.

Eventually they will move things around, like the usually do, and Buff concealment for PvP back to OP, buffing merc healers to become FoTM, Assassins for PvE with jugs... just give it time, either lvl an alt to play as pvp or play a different role (at least we have Healing spec to be completely broken OP) until they turn the tables again, we spent months Being the most annoying Gankers of the PvP Zone, killing anyone in 6 seconds, now its assassin turn and we got nerfed, just give it time.

tons of posts asking for a survivability boost for concealment ops, and we've got a dps one... I suggest to start a new topic asking for a better dps, i'm sure dévs will give us survivability. At least, i hope we will be the ultimate glass canon, sure to kill any other class in a few seconds.... Just before we die :p

ANd a gain of survability would be of use in PVE too, Eyesmindassassin... I just can't understand why PVE boys are so sectarian

PS : don't make me laught with your poors sorcerer's, Carlenux, the hybrid spec is a real pain in the ***, provided you know how to move.

Edited by athanase

tons of posts asking for a survivability boost for concealment ops, and we've got a dps one... I suggest to start a new topic asking for a better dps, i'm sure dévs will give us survivability. At least, i hope we will be the ultimate glass canon, sure to kill any other class in a few seconds.... Just before we die :p

ANd a gain of survability would be of use in PVE too, Eyesmindassassin... I just can't understand why PVE boys are so sectarian

PS : don't make me laught with your poors sorcerer's, Carlenux, the hybrid spec is a real pain in the ***, provided you know how to move.

It's not an issue of being sectarian, it's just the fact of the matter that the way Ops are at this moment, they require different changes for your particular playstyle. PVE does not NEED a survivability buff, and PVP does not NEED a damage buff. Though both sides won't mind it if they do gain what isn't asked. BUT, the fact remains that, as BW has stated before, PVE changes will get priority over PVP.

It's not an issue of being sectarian, it's just the fact of the matter that the way Ops are at this moment, they require different changes for your particular playstyle. PVE does not NEED a survivability buff, and PVP does not NEED a damage buff. Though both sides won't mind it if they do gain what isn't asked. BUT, the fact remains that, as BW has stated before, PVE changes will get priority over PVP.

PVP DOES NEED A DAMAGE BUFF!

man i hate people who dont know what they are talking about, look at the damage of an assassin.... A scoundrel is a joke against that.

I have not played in the vanilla days (though I heard a lot about ops beck in the day), but TTK is up significantly from where it was back then. So, if burst gets buffed concealment will be like dec sin without the DCDs? Last I checked, dec sins barely cut it in competitive PvP, and even if they buff concealment sustained damage substantially, how long can you stay on target before you are burned? Lethality is a bit more decent (at least IMO), yet again, you will be focus fired, and I do not see lethality damage improving more than slightly (because of PvE).

It is one of these situations that always feel like the issue is known, the resolution is known, but devs keep beating around the bush for no reason. I am at least hoping lethality will be somewhat more survivable for PvP.

Edited by Ottoattack