Reverse Engineering Bugged Items?

NatEccs

Is there a list of bugged items that don't properly reverse engineer?

on my armstech, I've made 50 level 49 green barrels and not one RE'd to a blue schematic

Please let me know before I waste my entire stacks of grade 6 metals and compounds.

Is there a list of bugged items that don't properly reverse engineer?

on my armstech, I've made 50 level 49 green barrels and not one RE'd to a blue schematic

Please let me know before I waste my entire stacks of grade 6 metals and compounds.

Everything craft-able reverse engineers (if you can craft a base green/blue of something, there are always unlock-able blue/purple versions).

The only exception is Vibroknifes and Scatterguns, which cannot (due to bug, mistake or intended we don't know).

You just are having bad luck spree. REing is 100% luck.

Edited by AngelousWang

still seems like level 22 barrels are bugged, i know they were RE'able because i see crafted purples on the market.

everything else i craft except these barrels RE after 1-20 tries.

i'm up to 100 now and i'm not wasting any more resources unless someone can post in this thread saying they recently RE'd a 22 barrel.

Critical Hyperaccelerated Power Generator (blue 49 +will oh from artifice) seems bugged. I've RE'd close to 70 of the things now without anything. At the same time I've RE'd 10 other recipes from green to purple without any issues at all.

Critical Hyperaccelerated Power Generator (blue 49 +will oh from artifice) seems bugged. I've RE'd close to 70 of the things now without anything. At the same time I've RE'd 10 other recipes from green to purple without any issues at all.

I'm gonna second this, I've been wasting my mats on this thing since yesterday. I'm ok with being unlucky but this was driving me up a wall. Its nice to see another post about it when I went looking.

Why don't I find it surprising that a lvl 49 item takes more than 50 RE's to proc a blue?

Probably because if it was that easy everyone would quickly have everything crafting offered. As far as I'm concerned it should take years to get to that point.

IMO one of the most fundamental flaws of modern mmos is that nothing seems to last longer than a few months. A vast array of repeatable yet fun mechanics are the key to mmo longevity, which is why modern mmos don't have much longevity unless they have a massive dev team churing out content. Even then most players quickly chew up the content and put their characters on hold until the next big patch. Such a flawed system imo.

Edited by Marlaine

Why don't I find it surprising that a lvl 49 item takes more than 50 RE's to proc a blue?

Probably because if it was that easy everyone would quickly have everything crafting offered. As far as I'm concerned it should take years to get to that point.

IMO one of the most fundamental flaws of modern mmos is that nothing seems to last longer than a few months. A vast array of repeatable yet fun mechanics are the key to mmo longevity, which is why modern mmos don't have much longevity unless they have a massive dev team churing out content. Even then most players quickly chew up the content and put their characters on hold until the next big patch. Such a flawed system imo.

This is from blue to purple, btw. And EVERY other lvl 49 item I've tried has procced from blue to purple within 15 at the very most, usually 5-7.

While I somewhat agree with you, the problem I'm seeing is inconsistancy. From green to blue I made less than 15 to find both redoubt and then crit. Its the blue to purple that feels like its broken. I learned my purple 22 hilt and my crystal in less than 6 or 8 RE's. Not just that, but the I found out that you can get a 23 hilt off the Ilum vendor (grumble) for 8 tokens.

So I changed my focus to the offhand next and found nothing but anger about RNG. Now its possible that both of us are unlucky. I could have sworn I saw the type I was after on market but its not there now for me to confirm.

Anyhow, back to my thought about making it hard to learn! The blue version we're working on takes 4 blue mats per (on top of other mats obviously) but the blues come from missions. About 2 to 4 per mission at an hour and with base missions you can only get 2 people on them at a time. So in the case of the 70 he quoted, 70*4=280/ 2 companions is 140 hours of mat gathering. I'm pretty sure we're far enough away from getting free items.

I came to check the forums on this topic specifically, as I too am having issues RE'ing Cybertech items with results. My skill is 250ish, so I'm not even talking lvl 49-50 items either.

I crafted approx 75 of a single green item; RE'ing yeilded NO blue recipe. I tried another to craft/RE a different green item of the same skill level, but gave up after 30 tries yielded no results.

Normally, the max I have to craft/RE is 25 (at the MOST) to get blue patterns and 40-50 (MAX) to get purple patterns. Honestly, to RE a green item into a blue pattern, it rarely takes more than 10 tries.

From what I have heard in game and read in the forums, it appears that SOME crafted items are bugged and won't RE into blue or purple patterns (or 'versions'). :eek:

I just hope that this bug doesn't get lost in the shuffle with all the other major issues this patch has initiated.

Cat