Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
04.23.2017 , 05:43 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
I would actually probably unsub. Been subscribed since early access non-stop and that would be the straw for me.
Yeah I would unsub too (subbed a few months after launch) I don't think they would actually do that though, too random, too much of a betrayal of his character.

Shepardess's Avatar


Shepardess
04.23.2017 , 06:44 PM | #132
Been playing since beta and I would def unsub too if they did that to Theron. Like you said, that would be the last straw for me.

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
04.23.2017 , 07:04 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
No in my sorceress view. That is asking for death p.
Yup. My warrior had to stare at the "Kill Quinn" option for a good five seconds before I remembered I had taken the "forgive" option back in the class story as I was still trying to max out Light V. So I forgave him again for consistency. But it took a moment.

Light-whip's Avatar


Light-whip
04.23.2017 , 07:08 PM | #134
My bet is on the scions
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
You should use my link my dudes:http://www.swtor.com/r/Zk2yq5

Light-whip's Avatar


Light-whip
04.23.2017 , 07:10 PM | #135
The scions or maybe vaylin somehow came back from the dead.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
Want a code to use for the heck of it? click my referal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/Zk2yq5

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
04.23.2017 , 07:11 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Yup. My warrior had to stare at the "Kill Quinn" option for a good five seconds before I remembered I had taken the "forgive" option back in the class story as I was still trying to max out Light V. So I forgave him again for consistency. But it took a moment.
You didn't choose it and then esc out before the cutscene ended?

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
04.23.2017 , 08:17 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by nefla View Post
you didn't choose it and then esc out before the cutscene ended?
d'oh!

DjMeta's Avatar


DjMeta
04.23.2017 , 10:53 PM | #138
Wow, this thread blew up. Seeing as I didn't really contribute, guess I will now. Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.

It's not Lana or Theron. Within the KotFE and KotET storylines (and even as far back as SoR),they've been your moral compass, giving realistic reasoning for the choices you have to make. Like the devil and angel on your shoulders. Even putting that fact aside, they have no actual reason for betraying you, and those two are probably the least likely to betray you. They're the ones who started you on this journey over 5 IG years ago. If they had ANY doubt in their minds, they would have said something, or at least not followed you 100%. The ONLY way I can see it being one of them is if you consistently went against their morals, but even then, if Bioware is sticking to the "1 story for everyone", then that can't be counted. My Light V Sorc couldn't piss off Theron enough to betray, but my Dark V Agent would.

Moving on from them, we can immediately ignore every Alliance Alert companion. They are optional, so wouldn't make sense to include in the story. Going strictly by the Main Characters, Every MC aside from Gault and T7 can be either killed, banished, or leaves the Alliance, so they wouldn't have the information about Iokath. T7 is a droid, and doesn't count, and Gault has mainly been interested in the money, and seeing as you're giving him cover to break the law, there's no reason for him to turn on you.

It's possible for it to be Acina/Malcolm, but that seems a little too straightforward. It'd be easy for the writers to keep them interchangeable for plot convenience, but it seems too on the nose. Same argument goes for the Alliance Specialists.

The last person who's connected to the Alliance is Shae Vizla, and it'd be an interesting concept for a Mando return, but I can't see how she'd be able to get the intel needed to get all 3 sides to Iokath.

Shroud of Memory writes off the Shroud (Unfortunately ), which means the only person left who was mentioned by name is Jadus. Depending on player choices during the Agent storyline, he's either in custody, which he could escape from (During the Korriban Incursion, the attack of DK by Zakuul, etc), on the run, or not in the known galaxy with a hidden army. He's one of the few Darths to not have the option of being killed, and he would have the pragmatism and resources to pull this sort of thing off. Solid choice in my books.

I know Satele's been mentioned before, but she's a non-option, especially if playing as a Consular, since you've worked with her from the beginning.

The only remaining companions not yet in the story or as an Alliance Alert are
Ensign Temple (Just an imperial lackey)
Mako (Just a random BH who quits being a BH)
Iresso (Republic Lackey)
Nadia (Could be, but unlikely due to character personality)
Tharan Cedrax (Inventor)
Zenith (Revolutionary, has some potential)
Doc (Playboy doctor)
Kira (Sassy Jedi)
Scourge
Khem (Literally only in the inquis storyline, still not sure how he'd even be alive without the inquis)
Ashara (MIA, not one for mass genocide of the entire planet)
Andronikos (Just a pirate)
Jaesa (Either Crazy evil, Goody two shoes, or if you aren't a warrior, still a jedi)
Corso (Just a smuggler)
Akaavi (Just a BH)
Risha (Smuggler, has lots of underworld connections, but no motive)
Tanno Vik (VA died, so only trooper can get him from the Odessan terminal.

Of those options, my money's on Scourge. He's the only companion to be referenced explicitly in multiple storylines (as well as hinted upon in at least one flashpoint), has no actual allegiance to the PC, and has the biggest question of allegiance of any character in the game. He's Immortal, objectively evil, and has no allegiance to anyone (he makes it clear to the knight that he is only helping because the knight is the enemy of Scourge's enemy).

Zenith, Jaesa and Risha have potential, but I don't think any of them have a strong motive.

Anyways, that's my super in depth analysis. I know I missed a few people, like the Hutts or that weird SIS agent they mentioned, but I don't know enough about them to make an accurate assessment of them. Hope this gives people some ideas!

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
04.23.2017 , 11:59 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by DjMeta View Post
Of those options, my money's on Scourge. He's the only companion to be referenced explicitly in multiple storylines (as well as hinted upon in at least one flashpoint), has no actual allegiance to the PC, and has the biggest question of allegiance of any character in the game. He's Immortal, objectively evil, and has no allegiance to anyone (he makes it clear to the knight that he is only helping because the knight is the enemy of Scourge's enemy). !
Why would anyone other than the Jedi Knight feel anything if he betrayed them. My smuggler, agent, warrior, inquisitor, trooper, bounty hunter have no knowledge of him and if he was the one that betrayed them they would not feel hurt or betrayed by him as they do not even know who he is. He is a stranger to them.

No for all classes to feel betrayed I will say this again it will have to be someone that has dealings with the commander and not someone that

(1) We could have killed (which leaves out Scorpio, Kayilo, Jordan, Koth, Acina, Malcom, Arcann Senya)
(2) We have not had dealing with
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Celise's Avatar


Celise
04.24.2017 , 12:10 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghobling View Post
Talking about Theron as a trained spy. Imagine the outcome with romanced Theron being the traitor and telling you getting close to you was a part of the job - that's actually pretty heartbreaking.
it's the safest way to work on someone, in a place where they can't see it coming from and if theron wanted to take you out, a knife or blaster bolt the back is the easiest and safest way.

Quote: Originally Posted by DjMeta View Post
It's not Lana or Theron. Within the KotFE and KotET storylines (and even as far back as SoR),they've been your moral compass, giving realistic reasoning for the choices you have to make. Like the devil and angel on your shoulders. Even putting that fact aside, they have no actual reason for betraying you, and those two are probably the least likely to betray you. They're the ones who started you on this journey over 5 IG years ago. If they had ANY doubt in their minds, they would have said something, or at least not followed you 100%. The ONLY way I can see it being one of them is if you consistently went against their morals, but even then, if Bioware is sticking to the "1 story for everyone", then that can't be counted. My Light V Sorc couldn't piss off Theron enough to betray, but my Dark V Agent would.
may as well repeat what i mentioned before, it's precisely why Theron and Lana are so close to you as advisors that you wouldn't see it coming if they did betray you. on the contrary it would make a great deal of sense to work in your blind zone where they can do the most damage as direct advisors.