Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

casirabit
04.22.2017 , 08:46 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Yorioko View Post
K o t h
No that wouldn't make sense as some people killed him in the last expansion. The ones that people have killed: Kayilo, Jordan, Scorpio and Koth would not make sense to be traitors because for some people they are dead already. The traitor is going to be someone that everyone has dealings with, not the ones that could have been killed as those that have killed them would no longer have them in their alliance.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

RarePorcupine
04.22.2017 , 09:30 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ThePsyEagle View Post
No way, Shae Viszla is a mandalorian, means she follows a code of honour. If she wants to defeat you she would do it in a public fight, not some backstabbing action.
I mean, the Mandalorians aren't always honorable...

That said, I agree that it won't be Shae. If for no other reason than because they made her a companion as a reward for subscribers, which to me suggests they don't have plans for her in the story.

I'd love for Lana or Theron to be a possibility if only because I'm (1) tired of them being the only characters getting attention and (2) I hate how they just blandly go along with everything you do even if they disagree. But I don't think Bioware would do that.

stoopicus
04.22.2017 , 10:31 AM | #93
All I can say is if it is Lana, I want my 4M creds in companion gifts back.

It's not going to be Lana. She has way too much history with the main character at this point, including having had the main character back her up when she needed it back in SoR. Not to mention, she's the one that thawed you out in the first place. She's probably the closest thing to family the main character has at this point (aside from romances, obviously.)

It won't be Theron for similar reasons.

I'd bet on Satele but I don't think they would make a Shan a villain. They've been protagonist allies all the way back to Bastila.

I was wondering about Senya. Who I have also dumped a bunch of creds in companion gifts into :/

RarePorcupine
04.22.2017 , 10:45 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post

I was wondering about Senya. Who I have also dumped a bunch of creds in companion gifts into :/
Senya is potentially dead so I don't think it'll be her.

As for companion gifts - you'd be able to summon them from the terminal so I don't think that would hold them back (Lana's importance to the story since Bioware relies on her and Theron so much would be a roadblock, though).

Ralei
04.22.2017 , 11:04 AM | #95
The only people close enough to the Outlander in the story for it to feel like a betrayal would be Lana or Theron. The rest are either killable (with no counterpart) or peripheral. That's the good thing about playing dark, you kill all your enemies and whittle that list down quick!

I swear, if the traitor is a Scion, I will flip the table. Who cares about the Scions? They aren't close to me and they've betrayed me before. This build up better pay off. The betrayer needs to have good motivation and not be obvious.

cool-dude
04.22.2017 , 12:09 PM | #96
Might be a member of the Emperor's hand that has infiltrated the alliance without you knowing.

Elessara
04.22.2017 , 12:31 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralei View Post
The only people close enough to the Outlander in the story for it to feel like a betrayal would be Lana or Theron. The rest are either killable (with no counterpart) or peripheral. That's the good thing about playing dark, you kill all your enemies and whittle that list down quick!

I swear, if the traitor is a Scion, I will flip the table. Who cares about the Scions? They aren't close to me and they've betrayed me before. This build up better pay off. The betrayer needs to have good motivation and not be obvious.
To me, the obvious choice would be Lana or Theron. Now, Lana - I like her but it wouldn't bother me overly much if she was the traitor. Theron on the other hand - that would tick me off royally. Personally, I think it'll come down to one or the other depending on player choices. I'm not sure why someone else thinks it *has* to be only one person when it could very well be different depending on past choices. BioWare is already paying both VAs so that wouldn't change going forward if one is gone and the other takes over a main role. However, having just one main companion to have interactions with seems far too limiting and they've already been whittling down our choices by letting some of them be killable. So I honestly hope it is neither Theron nor Lana - I just don't know who else it could be.

Anynos
04.22.2017 , 01:18 PM | #98
It's hard to determine who's the traitor, but according to Valkorion's words it is propably Lana or Theron. But i don't think that any of them would be a mastermind of this whole operation, they would rather work for someone as inside agent. Or both of them are traitors. However in my bet Theron would only do inside jobs for the Republic, and next galactic war isn't in Republic interest considering last 50 years of conflict with Sith Empire. We never get to know an ultimate fate of Darth Jadus, and there is that cut scene from KOTFE trailer when Thexan and Arcann brings frozen Malgus to Valkorion, and we never get to know who was Lana's master in the past. So my bet is that Lana is inside agent of Malgus or Jadus, bot of them want to start next galactic war to weaken Republic and Sith Empire, then assasinate us and usurp Eternal Throne, through that they would have resources and power to reshape Sith Empire and later galaxy into their image.

Tashia
04.22.2017 , 01:54 PM | #99
I have gone back and forth on this -- how about Satele ? And Theron knows or is very worried she might be --
If I was in his shoes, I would want to protect my mom too ....
Potential conflict for poor Theron, bless his heart, but great story ....
And NO please, no Scions --- couldn't care less if it was them .... aren't even in the Alliance technically
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Celise
04.22.2017 , 02:09 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
It's not going to be Lana. She has way too much history with the main character at this point, including having had the main character back her up when she needed it back in SoR. Not to mention, she's the one that thawed you out in the first place. She's probably the closest thing to family the main character has at this point (aside from romances, obviously.)
this is exactly why she should be considered and you are missing the point of what she is anyway, a sith. she will always have another angle to play, that is what a sith does. she will look for the best way to take you out with maximum punishment, in knowing who you are and exactly what you will do while being there personally to oversee these choices, this makes for a perfect envionment to learn everything about her enemy from within and know exactly how to counter it or prevent it before there is even a problem.

same for theron and it's because he is a spy, it's his job to become someone else, to learn, to sabotage and divide targets up by suspicion either on behalf of a group he represents or for his own goals. he is a spy and by default you can never trust him.