Drop Synthweaving?

Nemhauser

I have crafted the bind-on-pickup pieces of Rakata gear for myself and for my companions. If there really a reason to stay with Synthweaving? Do people actually buy these pieces of armor Synthweaving provides, with just a 25 armor rating for Oranges? Or is it worthwhile to switch to Artifice and get the Rakata relics?

Thank in advance for your advice. :)

I have crafted the bind-on-pickup pieces of Rakata gear for myself and for my companions. If there really a reason to stay with Synthweaving? Do people actually buy these pieces of armor Synthweaving provides, with just a 25 armor rating for Oranges? Or is it worthwhile to switch to Artifice and get the Rakata relics?

Okay gonna sound noobish here but you can craft Rakata gear for your companions? Cool!

My main is a synth and for me I don't see any reason to switch. I do not know personally if people buy synth items on the GTN but make some oranges and see what happens. Make them augments too, since synths can and artificers can't. You can also hang on to syth when progressing your gear by making augments with them. It's what I do.

Yeah, you can make a pair of bracers and a belt for Jaesa (willpower +103/+103) and Broonmark (strength +103/+85) if you're a Sith Warrior.

I can make stuff augmented, but I doubt I will gain any profit from it. Making an augment kit and slot cost a whole lotta cash. I'll make some level 50 oranges and check out of they get sold or not.

Edited by Nemhauser

the base armor rating is without the armor attachement, or so I believe, I do not actually have any character with synthweaving but that's how orange works, to my understanding

do you guys can make adaptive armor or is it social/cartel only?

If they were smart they would make all the orange sets adaptive for Armormech and Synthweaving both, but it's unlikely they'll do anything that good any time soon. Besides orange gear and augments, there is no real reason to have either of the armor professions anymore, unless you're the sort of masochistic completionist that just has to have one of everything, and wants to dump millions of credits on getting a full catalog of orange patterns or something, for no apparent reason.

Sadly the Rakata pieces are even a limited benefit, unless you're a trooper and take Armormech, so you can make belts and wrists for all your companions.

Edited by Heezdedjim

I make a modest profit selling pants to consulars and augments to tanks. And by "modest" I mean "if you want to make an actual business of your crafting don't take this crew skill." For me it's a cognitave dissonance thing at this point, I've put too much time and money into filling out my schems to drop it now, but if I had my main to start again from lvl 1 I'd take biochem instead.

I have been a synthweaver since launch and have made all of my millions from it.

I have almost all of the orange schematics, and these sell very well. There is an amount of start-up cost involved in buying all the schematics over time, of course, but since you can get a lot for very cheap and start selling them, it's worth it.

If you want to make 300k per item synthweaving isn't for you, but if you don't mind selilng hundreds of items for 10k - 50k, you'll make good money.

I sell every normal orange for 10k - 15k depending on popularity/mats, belts/bracers/boots for 15k since they're much rarer, and augmented pieces for 20k - 50k based on popularity.

I have a great business going on with synthweaving and I find it very enjoyable, but like I said, some people dismiss a 10k profit out of hand. I personally like queueing 20 items of armor a day with minimal effort/time and getting at least 200k.

For gathering mats, I always take archaeology on alts I'm leveling and have hundreds of free mats by the time I'm done. I also periodically take my main and drive around some of the most node-filled spots. And I almost always have the lower-ranked archaeology missions running in the background; you'd be surprised how much you can make with tier 1 - 3 components only.

Edited by Beltane