Nerf powertech.. AGAIN?? Why?

bluehufsa

What's the reason why PT has to be COMPLETLY destroyed??? Nerf this,nerf that, that class is already extremely hard to play ! Fck the stupid pvp, I DONT PVP. Why does my PVE PT have to pay for whats going on in PVP??? :mad::mad::mad:

New augments.. 10 mil each, NO THANKS ! im not rich, dont know how to farm/spawn or w/e credits, cannot buy CM packs either, so i'm fcked, isnt it?

Well thanks for ruining my day, i haTE YOU.

Calm down. Every class that can tank is getting the nerf from what I read.

NO ONE wants a PT in OPS or FP because we are WEAK, extremely weak. I've had enough! Lvl 70 PT with 242 gear and i'm refused in every group finder activity. Damned be the stupid pvp, it is ruining this game.

NO ONE wants a PT in OPS or FP because we are WEAK, extremely weak. I've had enough! Lvl 70 PT with 242 gear and i'm refused in every group finder activity. Damned be the stupid pvp, it is ruining this game.

That is a shame Bluehufsa. I haven't been around in one to two years, so I wouldn't know about the pve scene here. What I do know is that PvP has been ruing pve in mmorpg since vanilla wow. Better to play games like Overwatch, LoL, Dota, TF2, CS, PUBG, and so forth, which are specifically design for pvp. Actually, I can't wait for the new Uprising even and skins on December 10 for Overwatch. PvP in mmorpgs should be a side game, but too often developers try to balance pvp at the cost of pve.

How about joining a guild and running ops and flash point with such a guild? Usually, guilds are more accommodating and helpful regardless of the class you play.

Edited by Knockerz

That is a shame Bluehufsa. I haven't been around in one to two years, so I wouldn't know about the pve scene here. What I do know is that PvP has been ruing pve in mmorpg since vanilla wow. Better to play games like Overwatch, LoL, Dota, TF2, CS, PUBG, and so forth, which are specifically design for pvp. PvP in mmorpgs should be a side game, but too often developers try to balance pvp at the cost of pve.

Actually, I can't wait for the new Uprising even and skins on December 10 for Overwatch.

How about joining a guild and running ops and flash point with such a guild? Usually, guilds are more accommodating and helpful regardless of the class you play.

I am in a guild, a giant one with almost 20 + ppl online at every given moment or day or night. My own guildies told me " we are sorry honey, but no, you cannot come to OPs on PT.. log something else then sure, we invite you".

I feel like crap. Last evening, got refused in fp group 18 times in a row.. shouldn't i be alowed to play the toon i like instead of the one ppl like?

Damned be the stupid pvp, it is ruining this game.

Welcome to every MMO that isn't nearly 100% PvP. One day, in the future, developers will realize that PvE games should be PvE and PvP will be in MOBAs, Brawlers, and Shooters where it belongs. Then the task of class balance will downgrade from impossible to difficult.

Welcome to every MMO that isn't nearly 100% PvP. One day, in the future, developers will realize that PvE games should be PvE and PvP will be in MOBAs, Brawlers, and Shooters where it belongs. Then the task of class balance will downgrade from impossible to difficult.

Have you heard of a game named Shaiya? It had pvp areas, sometimes it was mass pvp, 200+ ppl. Some complained about the Defender ( tank-only class) being too powerful, but the Devs said they won't nerf anything because people NEED to learn to play their classes instead of complaining on forums.

I am in a guild, a giant one with almost 20 + ppl online at every given moment or day or night. My own guildies told me " we are sorry honey, but no, you cannot come to OPs on PT.. log something else then sure, we invite you".

I feel like crap. Last evening, got refused in fp group 18 times in a row.. shouldn't i be alowed to play the toon i like instead of the one ppl like?

I feel bad for you for this. I can assure not every guild is like that. We take into sm ops everyone who is above level 50* and there has definitely been a PT tank too.

I think one of our prog group also occasionally tanks hm as PT but not as a main rather than an infrequent thing.

* and preferably does not have rakghoul plague :p

i had the same problem with my ex guild screw them

sorc dps is to low you need ad least 6k to 7k damage -.-

now i try powertech ( pyrotech ) and what you say PT also not needed then i blame BW

to force players to play a class that they dont wanna play :mad:

Edited by ShadessaWayland

You can do nightmare (master) ops with PT/Vanguard and Sorc/Sage dps, you just need to know what you are doing. All the classes are perfectly viable for any sm/hm content at the moment. If people in your guild are refusing you group finder ops for playing some specific class find a better guild :D

i had the same problem with my ex guild screw them

sorc dps is to low you need ad least 6k to 7k damage -.-

now i try powertech ( pyrotech ) and what you say PT also not needed then i blame BW

to force players to play a class that they dont wanna play :mad:

PT is the only melee class i like, too bad there is no updated guide for it, not on dulfy, not on vulkk, not anywhere. So yea, we are doomed.

Btw.. i'm the only PT left in my guild.

I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.

I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.

I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.

I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.

skank tank is a problem but nerfing the dps of a tank class wont solve the problem ad all

tank in tank gear do already low dps

the dev team only need to make a minor adjustment if your tank spec you only can wear tank gear and not dps anymore very easy and you dont need to nerf the dps

and PT/VG can use some beter survival skills so it can be in the same boat as the other 2 tank classes

skank tank is a problem but nerfing the dps of a tank class wont solve the problem ad all

tank in tank gear do already low dps

the dev team only need to make a minor adjustment if your tank spec you only can wear tank gear and not dps anymore very easy and you dont need to nerf the dps

and PT/VG can use some beter survival skills so it can be in the same boat as the other 2 tank classes

Had these developers had the forethought and been proactive, they would have chosen this. But they didn't because they are incapable of doing so. They've chosen the easy way out; destroy tanking damage ability to nullify Skank tanks.

Frankly, I feel for the OP. I've never encountered that on my VG or PT tanks, even in PuGs. For a guild to do that to you...well...I wouldn't be in that guild any longer. People say VG or PT tanks are weak. I say, BS. I solo'd Lucky with my lvl 70 VG tank and killed him. Took an hour, but I killed him. And before someone says, "pics or it did not happen," here you go.

VG/PT tanks are very different than Jugg/Knight tanks in respect to abilities and mitigation. Once someone learns how to use these two classes properly, they are every bit as strong as a Jugg/Knight tank. Sadly, Shadow/Assassin tanks fall behind a bit; however, they are still strong but not at the level of the aforementioned tank classes.

BTW bluehufsa, if you want, I'd love to have you in my guilds. You'll never find yourself rejected because of your class from any FP, Ops, or Heroic, ever.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Skanktank is a good substitute to being full tank mode, but you are not doing as much dps as a solid dps player and you still can’t dish out the dps to kill a halfway decent healer.

Skanktank is only good because full tank is so weak. The solution would be to make full tank more enticing by fixing the issue with useless stats in pvp. Also guard and protection is usable by dps builds so there is no reason to play full tank

Pvp is not the problem here. It's the developers failing to understand the problem and putting out a proper solution. The nerf they are doing hurts pve without fixing the pvp issue at all. Once again they failed to listen to feedback from the players who know the game inside and out. Had they listened to their players and used common sense, they could have fixed the pvp issue with skanks without a damage nerf and hurting pve tanks.

Actually they did nothing to fix skank tanking. In fact these changes make it the only viable build for tanks since they utterly ripped tank disciplines apart.

You can do nightmare (master) ops with PT/Vanguard and Sorc/Sage dps, you just need to know what you are doing. All the classes are perfectly viable for any sm/hm content at the moment. If people in your guild are refusing you group finder ops for playing some specific class find a better guild :D

Yeah, this is true but let's be honest: if you want to do an 8m operation and you have to choose between a PT and a sin tank, a sniper and a sorc dps (assuming the players are at the same skill level), which ones would you pick as an ops leader?

Sins can ignore quite a lot of mechanics, PTs have to eat all of them (and pray to the rng god while doing that). Sorcs are good enough to carry their own weights but they surely won't be able to make up for any missing dps, whereas snipers can achieve very high numbers without breaking a sweat.

i was thinking

put merc and PT together and see the difrent sample arsenal vs pyrotech

in a fight with ea other am sure merc will win

as you know bw give merc some new skills second shield more healing true kolto

and more that can give merc healing back all nice becouse in old days merc was weak in defence all know this

but why did BW not give PT the same new skills

as you know PT pyroteck dont have any good defence skills AP is a bit beter

ad least they give us now flame suit from 15% to 30 % its nice but if thats ok i dont think so

so what do you guys think ??

need PT the same skills as merc ??

I think the people at Bioware work all day on how things that used to be good in Swtor could do worse now. After the destruction of the classes Vanguard / Powertech by Patch 5.0, this is another coffin nail.

PT is the only melee class i like, too bad there is no updated guide for it, not on dulfy, not on vulkk, not anywhere. So yea, we are doomed.

Btw.. i'm the only PT left in my guild.

The dulfy one is up to date for rotation, but I do agree a new one could be put out since then.

Which is why I intend to put out a guide with patch 5.9, including gearing for rating 230/236/242/246/248 gear, 228/236/240 augments, low/high alacrity gearing, and a recommendation for which one to use based off your gear level

The main issue though is that low number next to Pyro ST DPS. It should be a 9

Edited by TACeMossie

Calm down. Every class that can tank is getting the nerf from what I read.

Well, no offense, but the nerf on Tank Jugg/Guardian was a joke. It barely affects the dps it does. Right new, they must be the "strongest" tank, atm.

Now Sin and PT got nerfed in 15% - 20% at minimum in their output (although I think it's higher.)

There was a topic ( I couldn't find it again, sadly :( but I am still looking for it so I can post it here) that would show that PT Tank parse would become much lower to the point that it would be 5.6k tops and if we pick the highest parse, we see that it's 8.4k ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/339780/0 ). It is a huge nerf, around 33% if I'm not wrong, and yes, I know tank's damage is based on AOE but well, I am showing in single target so that one can grasp the idea of how much it got affected.

And people can blame PvP community all they want. The players over PvP have been recommending changes to deal with this such as tie the Guard mechanic to defensive stats such as Absorption and/or Shield yet Bioware just takes the easiest and crappiest route. And worst part is that this change they did won't make a difference regarding payers taking full DPS gear as tanks. Tanks will remain broken, in some way, on PvP.

Edited by memerobot

PTs while receiving a lot of nerfs recently, have always had a place in pve, pvp is an absolute joke though. PT Dps sport the highest opener in game in AP making some Dps checks like Terror, Styrak, and brontes a lot easier. The downside is the glass cannons we've become, which while we have dedicated healers in pve, pvp regs is definitely a suicide mission for PTs. Our only tactic is running which isn't helpful anymore with mobility that every class owns now. The new 6% DR after taking critical hits was thoughtful but not as effective as a physical DCD. The 1 reliable DCD we have is energy shield which isn't a deterrent like something every other class has, and kolto overload is just about useless that I happily use it while at 100% health as a 2nd stun break in pvp cause that's all it's worth. Hydraulic kiting is long gone and unless I'm premading, I stick with PVE cause excelling as a PT is great with how many people underestimate them.

Just my small take on where we sit.

Edited by PrometheanDeath