GSF Rewards dependent upon Medals earned.

Retrocidal

Here's a thought; since we have so durn many LEECHES these days, folks that only fly GSF for the CQ and credits, why not make said rewards dependent upon medal production. NO MEDALS, no rewards, period. No CQ, no credits, no nothin'!!! Give each flight a "baseline" reward that is multiplied by the number of medals earned. Gee, bet that gets rid of the folks that do it ONLY for the CQ and or credits. If you don't participate and earn medals, no reward!!! Get better, start contributing, you get reward. I am way far from being an "ace" so this has the potential to reduce my rewards, but if I can get rid of the folks the LEECH off of the rest of us, I'll take the hit. Think about it. You are wanting to make all these "ill conceived" changes to Conquest, try this too!

Do you really want this? Since the Conquest changes GSF has been popping far more often than it used to. I see double matches most evenings and mornings / day time are reliably popping where as before the CQ changes it wasn't worth queuing before 15:00. Some of these new pilots are actually trying to get better. GSF is not a standalone game, it is linked to a larger MMO and hence motives for participation are always going to be varied. If you force these people out of the game then the health of GSF will wain. Your solution I'm afraid is to become an Ace so you can have a bigger influence on more matches, and accept the ones you can't.

Do you really want this? Since the Conquest changes GSF has been popping far more often than it used to. I see double matches most evenings and mornings / day time are reliably popping where as before the CQ changes it wasn't worth queuing before 15:00. Some of these new pilots are actually trying to get better. GSF is not a standalone game, it is linked to a larger MMO and hence motives for participation are always going to be varied. If you force these people out of the game then the health of GSF will wain. Your solution I'm afraid is to become an Ace so you can have a bigger influence on more matches, and accept the ones you can't.

I think it's only problematic in GSF CQ weeks where you get CQ for flying all four types of ships, so it incentivizes people to die at least three times in TDM's. On the plus side however, it gets people to try out new ships instead of playing it safe with their favorite. And 3 deaths in a TDM is fine.

Here's a thought; since we have so durn many LEECHES these days, folks that only fly GSF for the CQ and credits, why not make said rewards dependent upon medal production. NO MEDALS, no rewards, period. No CQ, no credits, no nothin'!!! Give each flight a "baseline" reward that is multiplied by the number of medals earned. Gee, bet that gets rid of the folks that do it ONLY for the CQ and or credits. If you don't participate and earn medals, no reward!!! Get better, start contributing, you get reward. I am way far from being an "ace" so this has the potential to reduce my rewards, but if I can get rid of the folks the LEECH off of the rest of us, I'll take the hit. Think about it. You are wanting to make all these "ill conceived" changes to Conquest, try this too!

You know the problem with that? It generates an attitude of ‘once I get my medals, I’m done’. Shoot at a couple of people for damage, go afk in a bomber, go afk on a sat, and grab some medals without needing to contribute. It also screws the newer folks who don’t yet have the tools or skills to get lots of medals. I assume that you’re lumping requisition in with the rewards tied to medals, in which case it only screws the new players more because it’ll take longer to level up their ships.

The system is fine the way it is. You’ll always get people who do the bare minimum for rewards. Just ignore them and have competitive matches with the folks who are actively trying to fight.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that most people that go into GSF are doing it for the Fragments, not CQ or credits and you get fragments for wins/loses, daily, weekly anyway so there is no nerfing that.

No, they do it for the CQ points, tech frags have easier ways to be earned.

<Starfighter: Bomber Pilot> 88560

<Starfighter: Scout Pilot> 88560

<Starfighter: Striker Pilot> 88560

<Starfighter: Gunship Pilot> 88560

that's 354240 with a min of 5 matches, if you play each ship 4 times in the first 5 maps

add in <Activity Finder: Socialite I> 31451

& <Activity Finder: Socialite 2> (not sure as I don't have it active at the moment, but it's more than Activity Finder: Socialite I

<Starfighter: Conquer the Skies> 6750 per match (33750)

Roughly 419441 + <Activity Finder: Socialite 2> , + the CQ points for exp earned

+ <Starfighter: Dominate the Stars> if math is won

+ <Starfighter: Achiever> if all 5 matches are won.

And this is just on CQ weeks where it's standard, on GSF weeks it a lot more. Not to mention GSF can be queued for while doing other stuff.

* This is with 150% stronghold bonus, but no guild perks.

Edited by DarkTergon